Three - Stop Loving You

You're the One for Me (Side Story 1)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Should I remove my brain to stop thinking about you? Or should I remove my heart so I can stop loving you? -unknown-

 

Yoona sighed deeply as she looked at her phone that rang again for nth times that day. It was already one week since that night, the stupid night when she foolishly gave up into his charms.

She admitted that it was so hard for her to resist him. She really couldn’t trust herself anymore since that night. Her logic could suddenly malfunction and she easily gave up on her feeling if she was near him.

But she was tired. She was tired avoiding him. And her heart still beat rapidly every time she thought about him. He might be a respectful Professor, but for the first time in her life, she felt that she was actually stupid, especially if it was about love.

And Jonghyun still kept calling her too.

Yoona never answered him. No, she wouldn’t take the risk to fall into his charms again. She really needed to protect her heart. What happened that night was enough to break her heart. She couldn’t bear something more than that.

But Jonghyun didn’t give up too. He kept calling her and sending her messages. She thought if she ignored all his calls and messages, he would give up in the end. But she was wrong, because her avoidance just made him came to her apartment more often.

It was so fortunate that Yoona already changed her apartment passcode, so he couldn’t enter her apartment as he wanted like he always did. And she could easily pretend that she was not in her apartment every time he came. But still, she was tired playing hide and seek with him like that.

After a few minutes, her phone finally silenced again. Yoona felt so relieved because of that. But suddenly, someone pressed the bell.

She was frowning as she walked towards the monitor and felt so upset out of sudden.

Lee Jonghyun was in front of her apartment…again.

“He’s really annoying, jinjja!” she mumbled in annoyance then walked towards the kitchen and ignored him again.

But then she looked at the clock. It was almost midnight.

He must be just finished his shift…she concluded inwardly but suddenly shook her head to get rid her worries in her head.

She planned to watch some movies that night since tomorrow was Saturday. She felt like she needed to refresh her messy mind by watching some movies like she always did since she was in High School. But Jonghyun really ruined her mood and she decided to just sleep early in the end.

It was 3 AM. And Yoona felt like she was just sleeping for some minutes, when suddenly she heard someone pressed the bell again. She woke up half asleep and felt really upset.

“Who is pressing the bell at this hour?” she mumbled in annoyance then looked at the clock.

“If it’s Lee Jonghyun again, I swear, I’ll report him to the police right away.” She said to herself as she walked towards the monitor.

But she was surprised when she saw that the security of her apartment building who appeared in the monitor instead of Jonghyun.

“Mianhaeyo, Agassi, for waking you up at this hour. But there is someone who sleeps right in front of your door. Do you know him?” Mr. Choi asked in apologetic.

“M – mwo?” Yoona was surprised even more because of that and decided to open the door in the end.

“We found him through CCTV. I thought he’s drunk. But when I checked, he’s sleeping, Agassi. We’re so worried he bothers you. So, if you don’t know him, I’ll him out of this apartment right away, Agassi.” Mr. Choi explained to her further.

Yoona then walked closer to him. As she expected, he was Lee Jonghyun.

But why is he sleeping here?

She was about to wake him up, when suddenly she felt her hands was burned. His body was so hot. He was sick.

“I – I know him, Mr. Choi. He is my friend.” She suddenly said in worried tone. “But he’s sick. Could you please help me bring him in?”

Yoona, with Mr. Choi’s help, brought him onto her bed in the end. And after Mr. Choi left, she checked his temperature again. He was sweating a lot and his face was so pale.

It was true that she hated him so much, but after seeing him like this, she couldn’t help to feel so worried. She didn’t have a choice except treating him in the end.

 

***

 

It was right 3 PM when Yoona decided to check his condition again. He slept too long. She was worried. But the last time she checked him, he was not dead. He was just sleeping. So she held herself to not call the ambulance because of that.

But she needed to heat the juk again if he was still not awake.

No, I’ll wake him up. He needs to eat. She decided inwardly then walked towards her bedroom as she brought a bowl of juk in her hands. But she took a deep breath right in front of her room, tried calming her own heart that suddenly thumped rapidly because of nervousness. It was the first time she met him again since that night. And she didn’t know what she would react if he already woke up.

But after she opened the door and found him sat blankly on her bed, she suddenly felt so upset again.

What happened at that night flashed over her mind and succeeded making her felt so stupid. She didn’t want be so silly like that again.

Yoona then walked to put the juk on the table beside the bed without say anything. And she was about to walk away again when suddenly Jonghyun stated, “Thank you – for treating me…”

Yoona didn’t give him any expression after that and decided to walk again, before he added, “We need to talk.”

She stopped immediately. Her heart thumped rapidly, but it was not because of nervousness like before. It was because of anger.

“We? You said we?” Yoona asked back in disbelief then she snorted cynically. “I – don’t need to talk anything with you.” She emphasized her first word then started to walk again.

“Shinhye is sick…” he added but didn’t continue his sentence so it was just hanging there.

So?

She asked inwardly, felt so mean by feeling nothing after he explained it to her. It was true that she felt so bad towards Shinhye, but she was sick because of her own behavior. Her obsession hurt herself in the end. And if she remembered what that girl had done to Joohyun, she really couldn’t forgive her.

“As if I care…” she decided to voice out what she just felt coldly then left him alone.

She came back again to give him a clean pajama without said anything. It was so fortunate that her father put some clothes in her apartment so she could lend it to Jonghyun. His shirt was soaked with sweat. He needed to change into clean clothes.

Jonghyun didn’t force her to hear his explanation again after that. He just ate the juk silently. And Yoona felt so relieved because of that.

Yoona entered her room again one hour later to just check his condition. He was sleeping peacefully. Yoona saw an empty bowl on the table near her bed. It seemed like he took the medicine that she prepared before too. He wore her father’s pajamas too and just piled his wet clothes near the bed. Yoona took a deep breath before she walked closer to him. She then touched his forehead lightly, to check his temperature, and exhaled in relieved.

At least, his fever is reduced. She said inwardly then took his clothes as she walked out of her room again.

 

When the dinner time came, Jonghyun was still not awake. But Yoona didn’t want to disturb his sleep. He just took the medicine in the afternoon, and it seemed like he was still sleeping because of the medicine effect. In the end, she decided to just put the dinner on the table, so if he woke up, he could eat his dinner immediately.

Yoona then started preparing her own dinner. But suddenly she heard the door opened then Jonghyun walked out of the room. He looked at her, and suddenly turned around to enter her room again.

Yoona just frowned at first, before he walked out of the room again with a food tray in his arms.

“What are you doing?” Yoona couldn’t help to ask him in a curious tone.

“I want to have dinner with you.” He said simply then sat beside her.

Yoona didn’t want to argue him back, so she let him did what he liked in the end. But Jonghyun finished the juk first as he looked at Yoona who was still enjoying her dinner.

“W – wae?” Yoona asked nervously because Jonghyun kept looking at her.

He gulped before said, “Can I have that too? I’m still starving…”

“Mwo?” Yoona was surprised by his answer.

“You just gave me juks since afternoon. And it was not enough.” He added innocently.

“But you’re sick…” Yoona tried to argue him.

“Do every sick people have to eat the juk?” he kept asking until Yoona felt so annoyed.

Yoona then exhaled deeply. She really didn’t want to fight with him. So she got up and walked to the kitchen to give him what he wanted.

They ate in silence after that.

But after a few minutes, Jonghyun suddenly asked, “how old are you?”

Yoona choked because of that. She didn’t expect he would ask that question so randomly like that.

“M – mworago?” she asked back in disbelief.

“We know each other for almost two years. But I don’t know anything about you. So, how old are you?” he said calmly as he took a slice of kimchi then ate it.

We’ve been kissing…and yet you don’t know anything about me…good…Yoona said inwardly, felt so annoyed even more.

“…it’s okay if you don’t want to tell me…” then Jonghyun gave up easily.

It took several seconds before Yoona suddenly said in between her munch, “…30…”

“What did you say?” Jonghyun asked again since he couldn’t hear Yoona’s answer clearly.

“I’m 30 years old this year…” Yoona repeated it as she feeding herself, tried to look nonchalant.

“Mwo? Jeongmal? You’re 30 years old already?” but Jonghyun looked so surprised by Yoona’s answer. And she turned crimson because of that. She didn’t expect he would give a reaction like that.

Ne~ ne~ I know that I’m not th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter