Stitches And Burns

The Most Beautiful Moments in Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Stitches and Burns

 

 

Mornings.

Jin is not a morning person, even after opening his eyes, it still takes a while for his brain to properly function.

Usually he is woken up by his alarm clock set every 05:00 in the morning, but today the ringing from a phone is the reason he is woken up from his slumber.

He rubs his eyes open and scans his surroundings, realizing this place is not his room and he is not on his own bed. But having been here a few times made it somehow familiar to him.

The spacious room with black and white shades modeled in sophistication, a typical expensive hotel room.

The phone is still ringing, so he tries to extend his arm and reaches for his phone on the bedside table. But after checking, it was not his phone that was ringing.

Suddenly the person beside him under the black duvet moved and the ringing stopped. He figured the person had declined the call.

When he tries to move his body to get up, pain shoots from his shoulders down to his backside. Then the events from last night instantly started coming back.

 

 

The phone started ringing again and this time the person beside him comes out of the covers, sits up on the bed and takes the call.

“Hmm… hey babe, good morning~…”

Jin hears, as he feels the other person stand up and slowly walk away from the bed.

“…No I’m fine, I’m not home, me and the boys got together last night uhm… after work”

He did not want to listen but he has no choice, they’re in the same room, he can hear him.

“…Yes I’ll be there tonight, won’t miss it for the world… so see you at 8?”

The voice then becomes inaudible as the person walks farther away and out in the balcony, but he clearly heard the last phrase before the call ended.

“…I love you more~”

 

Jin pretends he didn’t hear those words, he pretends it does not affect him, that his heart is not hurting.

He manages to get up from the bed despite the pain he is feeling, both physically and emotionally.

He grabs the white robe hanging on the chair next to the bedside table, covers his self, then walks toward the bathroom.

He closes the door behind him as soon as he enters.

Walking until he is in front of the marble sink, then stares at his own reflection in the mirror.

Numerous thoughts running through his mind.

 

The person who Jin was with all night, the person he shared one bed with, the person who took the call just now, is the sole reason for his happiness and also heartaches, Kim Namjoon.

 

Jin sheds his robe and opens the shower.

The water comes running down his body and he lets it wash away the evidence of the activities from last night.

He closes his eyes as he lets his thoughts consume him.

 

 

- - -

 

 

Jin walks out of the bathroom and sees Namjoon dialing room service and ordering breakfast for both of them. Namjoon did not need to ask him as he already knows what he likes from the many mornings they shared after spending nights together.

Namjoon notices Jin walk out of the bathroom.

He approaches as Jin is drying the back of his wet hair with a towel. When he was close enough, he held Jin’s chin and locked their lips together as a morning kiss. Acting like the phone call earlier did not happen.

“Stay for breakfast” Namjoon said.

“I will” Jin immediately answered.

If it was a weekday he would’ve left first, like the usual, but since it’s the weekend he stays for breakfast. Besides, the way Namjoon said that was not as a request but more of a command.

What Namjoon wants, Namjoon gets.

 

Jin watches as Namjoon goes in the bathroom and strips of his own robe as he goes in the shower, not even bothering to close the door behind him.

 

 

 

Minutes later Namjoon finished and walked out in nothing but a towel around his waist.

“What are you doing?” Namjoon asks as he sees Jin buttoning his white dress shirt.

“Uhm… getting dressed?” Jin answers looking up to meet Namjoon’s eyes.

“Why?” Namjoon asks again.

Why not? Jin thinks but does not voice it out.

Namjoon walked toward him and only stopped when they were only inches away from each other. Close enough that they can feel each other's breaths.

Namjoon then pressed his moist lips on Jin’s soft ones, he felt it.

For Jin the kiss this time is different. Their lips pressed together in a light pressure and pleasure that expresses something more, something intimate.

They pull apart after the kiss and their eyes meet, full of intensity from the fires of emotion they both know they share.

I love you Jin wants to say but didn’t because he knows he won’t hear those words back.

Namjoon then lifts him up, with Jin’s legs around his waist, and carries him effortlessly then pushes his back against the nearest wall.

“Does it still hurt?” Namjoon asks.

“Not anymore” Jin lies. He would rather be in pain with him than in pain without him.

“Good… because I won't stop until you’re seeing stars.”

 

 

- - -

 

 

Events.

Jin is also not particularly fond of formal events.

One where he has to make an effort to dress up and look decent.

Even though he is used to it growing up in this kind of environment being the son of a wealthy businessman, he’d rather stay home than be with people wearing their best fake smiles. The men talking about business and the women gossiping about whose heir is getting married to whose heir.

 

Jin in a suit is now standing inside the elevator next to his equally well dressed father who is talking to someone on the phone, and behind them is his father’s secretary.

His father would always bring him to these types of events. But he did not feel as much pressure before compared to now that he is old enough to take after his father’s position and soon enough the company itself.

 

The elevator opens on the 3rd floor, the floor where the party hall is located. They enter the place and are escorted to their table. The place is already full of people dressed to impress, mainly in black or white or both as it is the theme of the party.

Birthday party to be exact, the celebrant being one of his father's circle of businessmen friends.

 

Not long after they got settled, his father was called by his secretary and left to talk to someone on another table. Jin was left alone, like always. He is now preparing compliments and nice words as he expects few acquaintances to visit his table, like always.

“Hey hyung, glad you came, this party is so boring“ Taehyung who appeared out of nowhere said as he made himself comfortable next to Jin. He is the second son of a shipping company owner.

“Taehyung, you shouldn’t be too obvious that you're not enjoying the party.” Jins laughs, real laugh, not pretense. Both of them are friendly with each other even though it’s Taehyung’s older cousin who Jin is close friends with. “Is Ken still at Jeju?”

“Yep, the hyungs will be there for a few more days.” Taehyung answered. “Speaking of which, hyung said you were supposed to be with them at the beach house, why didn’t you go?”

“Uhm... I had some business I had to attend to.” Jin replied carefully with a smile.

Taehyung looks content with his reply and seems not interested with said business that he didn’t push any further. That made Jin breathe a sigh of relief.

 

 

But he is far from relief as he sees Namjoon walk into the hall…

…with someone by his side, their hands held together as they greet eve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter