You're So Vulnerable

The Most Beautiful Moments in Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You're So Vulnerable

 

 

Jungkook is staring back and forth from the potato to the knife, to the potato again. His brows furrowed concentrating intently as he sliced the piece of vegetable and making sure they were of the same size.

 

He checks the time on the wall clock and even though the whole place is still quiet, it’s almost 06:00am already. That means his boyfriend will wake up soon, the person who specifically told him the night before to get the ingredients ready before he wakes up.

 

For the past month, Jungkook has been helping out his boyfriend in the kitchen. Not the cooking itself, his boyfriend still does the cooking, he just helps prepare the ingredients needed and mastering his knife skills. His boyfriend didn’t tell him to do so, it was him who volunteered to do it for the reason Jungkook has always found it fascinating how his boyfriend is always in good spirits cooking by himself. It's one of the things he loves about him. His boyfriend loves making the food as much as he enjoys eating them.

 

He usually has no problems helping out during dinner time, but he is still adjusting during the mornings. He is used to being woken up by his boyfriend tickling him instead of being the first one up. And today, Jungkook just happened to wake up later than he normally does so he is now short in time.

He places the sliced potatoes in a small bowl next to him and picks up another one to slice, pressing it on the chopping board as he readies the knife when suddenly…

 

 

A piercing scream can be heard echoing throughout the house!

 

 

The scream startled Jungkook, making his hand jerk a little, resulting in a small cut on his thumb “Ow!”

He immediately grabs the kitchen towel hanging on the refrigerator handle next to him. As he was busy wrapping his thumb and applying pressure to stop the bleeding, he heard a second scream coming from the same place as the first one. It belonged to none other than his boyfriend, Jin, and he is definitely awake already.

 

 

Jungkook ran out of the kitchen as fast as he could and headed to the bathroom where the screams were coming from. Jin’s voice sounded like he was so frightened that Jungkook forgot about the pain he himself is feeling from the knife cut.

He arrives by bursting through the door into the bathroom to find a scared Jin pressed in the opposite corner of the bathroom clutching his towel next to his heart.

Jin noticed the door opened so he averted his gaze towards it and saw Jungkook looking at him with confused expression.

“Jungkook!” he screams as he points to the shower area where he was previously staring at “There’s a roach in there!”

 

Jin hates all kinds of bugs, but he despises roaches the most. He hates them with intense passion.

Jungkook hates bugs as well but between the two of them, he is just disgusted by bugs in general while Jin is downright afraid of them.

 

 

Reminds him of that one night when they were just a week in their new apartment.

He got home to find Jin locking himself in the bedroom because there was a roach in the kitchen. He didn't come out until Jungkook had killed the bug. 

Since then, Jin had always maintained the place spotless clean to avoid any ants, roaches or any crawling insects.

 

 

So he can't imagine Jin being in the same room as the bug itself alone earlier. He needs to find it and kill it as soon as possible. 

But even before Jungkook could make a move to open the shower curtain, he heard Jin gasp in surprise. “Jungkook-ah~” he calls staring at Jungkook’s hand “What happened to your hand?”

Jungkook then realized he was still holding the kitchen towel around his thumb.

“Oh this? I hurt my thumb while I was cutting the potatoes” he answered referring to his hand.

“What do you mean hurt?... OHMYGOD! did you accidentally cut your thumb off?” a panicked Jin from the roach just now became even more panicked after hearing his answer.

Jin also happens to not like blood.

 

 

Jin once panicked when Jungkook had blood coming out of his nose one afternoon.

He was walking back and forth in front of a calm Jungkook holding a tissue paper to his nose. Jungkook had to hug Jin to calm him down because he was going around their apartment not knowing what to do.

After calming down, Jin still insisted on going to the hospital which Jungkook gladly obliged. They later found out it was just because of the heat from the weather and nothing serious.

 

 

“Hey Jungkook answer me!” Jin yells from across the bathroom, which made Jungkook snap out from another reverie.

“Yes?... I mean no, no I did not cut my thumb off. It’s just a small cut...” he answered "..really"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter