Forever And A Day

The Most Beautiful Moments in Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Forever And A Day

 

 

“Does it hurt?”

“No~”

Jungkook crouches down in front of Jin and holds his free hand with both his.

“Really, it doesn’t hurt” Jin assures again as he sees Jungkook’s worried expression “Just go wait outside.”

“No, I’m not leaving you here alone” Jungkook insists.

“I have done this alone before you know.” Jin says matter of factly.

“Yes but that was because I was at work or you needed something so I went out.” Jungkook explains then continues “But I purposely took the day off today. Today is special.”

“You didn’t have to.” Jin says “Aren't you busy at the office these days? You're just gonna make your papers pile more.”

“It’s just one day though” Jungkook pouts “I wanted to be here for you today.”

“Aigoo~ is my Kookie getting upset?... but you’re never mad at me though.” Jin coos as he places his free hand under Jungkook’s chin and tries to tickle him. The action made Jungkook laugh and was about to protest and tickle Jin back when the door suddenly opens.

 

The nurse enters the room making Jungkook jolt up and bow lightly to greet her. While Jin next to him just laughs, he then taps Jungkook and says “Can you please get me some water?”

Jungkook immediately turns back to him as he replies “Okay, I’ll get one. I’ll be back.” Then he left the room.

 

The nurse just smiles as he checks the iv connected to Jin “You two are so cute.”

Jin smiles in return “Thank you for letting him in.”

The room is supposed to be just for the patients but Jungkook is always persistent everytime he comes with Jin and eventually Jin’s nurse lets him in.

“You’re welcome, it’s the least I could do seeing as he is very supportive of you.” the nurse replied and proceeded on taking the thin needle off of Jin’s lower arm.

 

 

- - -

 

 

“Are you still upset with me about that thing earlier? I don’t even remember the last time you were mad at me?” Jin asks as they sit and wait for their food to come.

“It’s because I love you that much that I don’t get mad” Jungkook replies.

“I should also get credit on being the best boyfriend ever though.” Jin says as he looks straight at Jungkook “I never gave you any reason to be mad at me for the past eight years.”

“Fair enough, credit should be given where credit is due.” Jungkook agrees “But whoah~ it’s been that long? we’re not even that old yet.”

“Yes I’ve raised you for that long.” Jin crosses his arms as if taking pride in taking care of the other for the past years, then sits back in his chair comfortably.

Even though both are still in their 20s, they’ve been together since their high school days.

Jin expected a retort from Jungkook but he stayed quiet for seconds so Jin got suspicious.

Then a smirk shows in Jungkook’s face. “Are we role playing right now?” he asks as he plays with his brows.

“What?... Yah! Jeon Jungkook!” Jin’s reaction after the realization that the younger probably referred to ‘raised you’ to some daddy stuff. His reaction made Jungkook laugh out loud. It’s expected from Jin whose cheeks are red currently.

“Sorry! sorry! I was kidding! Be careful~” Jungkook defends himself with both hands as Jin lighty smacks him and at the same time worries for him as he just got off the hospital. “I promise to keep those things secret. What happens in the bedroom stays in the bedroom.”

“Are you really not going to stop?” Jin is now about to get mad and it’s not a good sign. Jungkook needs to retreat.

“Okay~ okay~” Jungkook surrenders raising both his hands above his head. Just in time for the waiter to deliver their food.

 

-

 

They both enjoyed eating their meal while recalling their memories from the past.

“Do you remember this place?” Jungkook asks.

“Of course I do. This is where you asked me that trick question!” Jin pouts as he looks around the restaurant, his pout that Jungkook has always found cute.

 

*

“Jin~”

“Hm?...”

“How long do you wanna live?”

“Huh?”

“Just answer the question.”

“Well, if I get to live until a hundred years that would be nice, but I think that’s too old.”

“So, a hundred minus five years, that’s ninety-five…” Jungkook calculates loudly “Don’t you wanna ask me in return?”

“Why do I feel like this is either going to be cheesy or turn into a mathematical lesson or something?”

“Just ask me.”

“Okay fine. Jungkook how long do you wanna live?”

“Ninety-five years minus one day” Jungkook answers with confidence.

“Huh?” Jin’s brows furrowed in confusion.

“So that I won’t have to live a day without you~”

“…

..

.

Ohmygosh” Jin had to cover his face with both his hands from the embarrassment. It was such a cringe worthy line. “Where did you learn that? What drama is that from? or is it from a movie?”

“None of the above! I thought of it myself!” Jungkook says proudly.

“This is so embarrassing.” Jin collects himself and quickly gets into it “So we’re gonna be like this huh?”

Jungkook expected for Jin to retort so he just nodded.

“How long you live does not determine how much you love someone.” Jin starts.

“It’s still a factor though.” Jungkook replies.

“True… but still, being able to feel that love is much more important whether a couple has been in love for a long time or a short amount of time.” Jin continues.

“But I’ve been in love with you for five years now, I’m quite sure I will remain in love with you for ten more years, twenty more years, a lot more years... I love you forever~” Jungkook declares “You can’t top that!”

“Are you sure Kookie?” Jin raises one of his brow giving Jungkook a feeling he is about to get beaten in his own game.

Jin then smiles cutely as he says “Because I love you…

 

…times infinity plus one~”

 

Jungkook was caught off guard, he expected for Jin to get into it, but definitely did not expect the other to have a comeback of a confession better than his.

*

 

After sharing lots of good food and sweet memories, Jungkook decided it was time.

“Jin”

“Hmm?”

“Open your hand.” Jungkook says as he takes something from his pocket.

Jin drops the spoon he is holding and opens both hands in front of Jungkook.

Jungkook then brings his closed left hand on top of Jin’s, then puts something on the other’s open right hand.

“Jungkook… what is this?”

“It’s a ring Jin.”

“I know! but why?” Jin is surprised.

“I thought it would be obvious, I’m proposing to you” Jungkook looks at Jin in the eyes “Marry me~”

“What? but Jungkook…”

“You don’t like it?”

“No! it’s beautiful, really…” Jin is conflicted at the moment “But did you not hear what the doctor said? You were there in the room together with me.”

“I did.” Jungkook confirms.

“He said the chemotherapy doesn’t guarantee survival in my case.”

“Yes but it’s not too late.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter