Onew x OC - Chicken

Whatever [OPEN drabble request shop]

Request by chicken_oppa:

" From time to time, Onew would pass a certain pathway towards school and he would found a drumstick of a chicken with a pink ribbon wrapped around the bone as if it was a gift. Surprised at first, Onew would ignore it and continue walking home from school but day by day, the same thing happened, a cooked drumstick with a ribbon is laying on the road, tempting him to give his attention to it. Determined to solve the mystery, Lee Jinki woked up early and started investigating who in the right mind would throw something heavenly to the ground. After the uneffortly investigation Jinki unravelled the truth and discover that a certain sickly girl was the one throwing the chicken to get his attention. Would Onew keep walking in that certain pathway and starts meeting his suitor or he would rather take the bus home?

Lee Jinki/Onew- a student who in his daily life would walk home from school and vice versa, stumbled himself in an unlikely situation that requires discipline of not to touch a cooked chicken on the ground. He's friendly, charming and kind-hearted. Would he give someone who's going to die sooner or later a piece of his love or he would rather kill the blossoming hope to avoid devastating break up?

Park Rinrin- a rich yet a sickly girl who in a young age had acquire a sickness that couldn't be cure unless there's a miracle but found her hope everytime Onew would pass by her house. Everyday, she would throw a drumstick of a chicken with a pink ribbon symbolizing her fondness to Jinki to the pathway and wait for Onew to pass by and she would hide yet her eyes never leave her target. Would her body fight her sickness for Onew or she would lost hope in this crazy little thing called love?"

- ok... this was really hard as it was a lot of... well.. story to put into less than 1000 words xD but I tried my best writing a good drabble for you, hope you like it ^^

~IHaveRuinedMyLife ♡

 


Lee Jinki couldn't believe his eyes as he watched the small, skinny girl placing a chicken drumstick onto the ground. The pink ribbon shining in a clear contrast to the green grass on the side of the path.

"So it was you..." Jinki thought out loud. This must be the person who was putting the chicken on his path from time to time... Still, Jinki wasn't sure whether he should go and talk to her or just let it be and continue like before. Because... who knows what reasons she might have? Maybe it wasn't even meant for him anyways... tho he had to admit that the girl was beautiful. Not the same kind of beautiful as all the other girls, not just beautiful because of the pricey clothes she was wearing... she was pale and boney but... her eyes were actually captivating.

And so, Jinki's feet took him towards her.

On the other hand, Rinrin was completely unaware of being watched when putting the drumstick on her crush's path like usual. She knew he loved chicken. And if it wasn't for her outshining confidence and beauty that made him notice her, she had to try getting his attention like this. But until now she never brought herself to meet him personally. She just stared at his reaction to her gift from afar. And she loved it. She loved how he seemed to actually think about picking it up but still... he never did. It was a pity tho... she'll probably be dead before he even knew about her existence. She'll probably be dead before he picked up the first drum stick or even before-

"Hello?" a soft voice ripped her out of her thoughts. With widened eyes she looked up at the boy standing next to her. She was too surprised to even utter a word so she remained mute. "Hello umm... may I ask why you... do this? I walk this path almost daily and I noticed the chicken drum sticks here but..."

"I-it is for you. I made it for you!" she finally found her words, bolder than she originally planned.

"You... why?" Jinki wondered. "Why would you do this? I mean..." Rinrin took a deep breath, trying to convince herself that this was real. That she was actually talking to the famous Lee Jinki... well, at least in her heart he was famous.

"Because... I... wanted you to... to... eat it?" It came more as a question. Jinki chuckled.

"Oh? Why didn't you give it to me im person then? But... thank you. I'm sorry for not picking it up before.

"It's... okay..." Rinrin mumbled. "But I'm glad you'll take it now..."

 

From then on, Jinki never even thought about taking the bus or walk another path. He kept walking that one path, grabbing a delicious cooked chicken drum stick on the way, made with love by the beautiful but somehow mysterious girl. They always talked for a few minutes before Jinki had to leave for school.

One day, the two followed their routine as usual... but it was then, when Rinrin confessed her love to Jinki... her love and the fact that she wouldn't be there for a long time anymore. Jinki was shocked. He couldn't imagine that this world was so cruel to do this to a sweet girl like Rinrin.

"You know..." he then started. "I... I don't care. I mean... I don't care whether you're sick or not. This... shouldn't be a cause not to... love you too." A soft and comforting smile appeared on his lips as he looked into Rinrin's beautiful but sad eyes. But instead of returning the smile, her expression turned even sadder. Her pink lips began to tremble and her eyes got watery.

"I... you can't imagine how happy I am right now..." she sobbed, looking at the ground.

"But... you don't look like you are... Why so?" Jinki almost whispered, taking a step towards the tiny girl.

"You shouldn't... See, you're so nice to me. Too nice. And a perfect boy like you... deserves to be happy with a girl he loves." Jinki was about so say something but Rinrin cut him off.

"I won't be here im a year from now. I have to admit that I wanted nothing more than you being my boyfriend. But now... I feel guilty. You don't deserve a girl who is going to die soon."

"I said I don't care as long as you're with me."

"But when I leave you will care. I can't let this happen! So... from now on... I guess I shouldn't meet you anymore..." Jinki was taken aback. He just recieved a confession and a rejection at once. From the girl he was also truly in love with.

"Rinrin... I..."

"No, Jinki... we should say goodbye here and now." with that, the girl stood on her tiptoes, pressing a small peck onto Jinki's lips before she ran off with a tear strained face, leaving no chance for Jinki to bid farewell to his love.

But he was sure that he's going to hold onto her by just keeping this soft kiss forever.

 

~the end ♡