Kiss of an Angel

My Darkest Angel

The sand was still wet after the yesterday's rain. The kids in the playground were playing with each other or with their parents, no one paid attention to that little girl in the sand box who were left alone. The little girl was drawing different things in the wet sand with a stick while she was thinking about why don't her father come back. Her grandmother said her father went to a better place but she didn't mentioned when her father would come back from there. While she was deep in her thoughts in a careless moment some kids were running through the sand box, destroying the girl's drawings. Tears gathered in the little girl's eyes and slowly was falling down, through her soft skin. She wanted to see her father more than anything else.
- Come honey, let's go home.

Her grandmother gently grabbed her arm, then with the little girl in her arms started her way to home. The little girl watched the happy families who gathered here to spend the afternoon together while she was whiping her tears, then lead her head to her grandmother's shoulder and started to cry bitterly.
Meanwhile a tall young man was watching the little girl from the tree next to the sand box, his heart was almost totally broken. He would prefer to hug the heartbroken little girl, he would guard her dreams while he would lay next to her every night, pet her silky hair, kissing her tears away. But he couldn't do it. It's not the time yet. But he was waiting for the day when the little girl would meet him.

Again.

The pain was so unbearable in my arm, I couldn't stand it anymore, I had to open my eyes to wake up and do something with my injured arm. First I blinked sleepy a few times, then I looked at my alarm in the semidarkness. 06:34 am. So it's just dawn yet. Last night I forget to darken my room so the light of the dawn easily could come into my room. I wiped my drowsiness away, then streched and with it I almost fell off my bed.
What is this? Why am I in the edge of my bed when I'm always sleeping in the middle of it and wake up on the same place? I didn't understand so I turned my head in the other side of the bed.
I even forget how to breathe when I glanced Taekwoon's calm face. He was sleeping in my bed, his whole body was turned toward my way, his right hand was under his head and he reached his left to me, it was like his left hand was on me the whole time. His night-dark hair fell into his face, his breathing was equable and calm. He was laying so close to me like no one before.
I got scared, I didn't know why was he still here and I wanted to kick him out of my bed, but I didn't do it. I was totally under his magic. I even forgot my hurting arm.
A lock of hair fell in his eyes so I moved involuntarily to smooth it out of his perfect face. His hair wasn't soft just for guise. I couldn't stand to place my fingers in his hair. I have never felt this peace like when I was watching him while my fingers were playing with his hair. I slowly pulled my hand on his face down from his forehead to his chin, but when I wanted to take my hand off him, his eyes opened and was staring straight into my face with his asive glance.
- I hope you had an excessively important cause to wake me up - he murmured with his sleepy voice.
I could only just blink in frighten, I even left my hand on him. I didn't mean to wake him up because he was sleeping so peacefully.
- I-I... - I stuttered but I couldn't go on because I didn't know what to say. "I'm sorry Taekwoon I didn't mean to wake you up, I just wanted to feel the silkiness of your hair." Instead I quickly pulled my arm back beside me.
- Because of you I didn't get to know how my dream ended.
He grumbled with his sleepy voice (which I have to say I really liked) then he sat up while wiping his eyes. When he finally was sitting nicely he take a look at me lazily. I couldn't resist to look at him. He bewitched me. Again. I was thinking so long where can I find his real attractiveness until I came to that conclusion he is enchanting with his whole being. Hmph. He is not human. Of course he is enchanting.
- If I have to collect money for staring, I would be a really rich angel.
- We can talk about who stares the most.
- The answer is obviously you.
I dropped my pillow at him in anger, but what I didn't count was that I did it with my injured arm so I grabbed it in pain with clenchen lips. It seems like Taekwoon is not a morning person, because according to his reflex he didn't even had that much power after waking up to got out of the pillow's ways so it perfectly hit him on the face.
- Try to do it one more time and I willingly give you to the wolves.
- You don't dare.
- You don't know me. But the problems is, if you die because of my fault, my job as an angel will come to it's end. So I can't let my protegee die.
- If I mean so much problem to you just give me to another angel.
- I can't do that. Because you are my destiny.
He looked deeply in my eyes. God dammit, your irresistible glance... Then Taekwoon suddenly cut our eye contact and grabbed my hand.
- W-What are you doing?
- I can't see you suffering anymore.
With that he began to bending down, then he placed his lips on my arm right there where that Wonshik guy grabbed it so hard, and he gave me a little kiss on my skin. I felt pins and needles along my whole body because of his kiss and the pain in my arm was slowly gone. I was looking at him with my eyes wide open.
- What... was this?
- An angel can cure with his kiss of course if he give it to the right place - he said while he was touching my arm. - Is it still hurts?
- N-No. Wow.
I also pushed my arm but it was like the pain never existed before. Unbelievable...
- If you have this healing thing why didn't you tell me sooner? Did you know how much pain I was in yesterday, too?
- I didn't want you to take advantage of my ability. In the end you could say that your lips are in pain, too.
I listened to him gaped while my anger was quickly growing.
- Go and burn in Hell!
- How nice of you.
Since then I didn't even care of him, he really pissed me off with that he said. What is he thinking about me, what am I?! He said he knows me better than anyone else, didn't he? Then he should know that I could never say such things. Unbelievable.

- If I know it forward that you will take offense this much for what I said, then I wouldn't have come back to Earth.
It was late at night and I was preparing myself for sleeping. I didn't say a word to Taekwoon all day long, I didn't even look at him. He really hurt me but I won't talk to him unless he says sorry. I'm too stubborn, I know. But he exceptionally hurt me. And I'm not a woman of easy virtue.
- You know it's really tiring being with you all day while you are pretending like I don't exist, like you still don't know about my being. And it hurts.
Taekwoon's voice seemed to be angry and finally I took a look at him. Look who's talking.
- Do you even know how hard was the last hundred years for me?! Seeing that you year by year...
He suddenly stopped and was looking at me with his eyes wide open, frightened. What... what the hell is he talking about? The last hundred years...
- Taekwoon... - I finally spoke after my all day long silence - what... do you mean...? What... hundred years?
- Oh no. The archangel will kill me.
He burried his face in his hands and after a trembling sigh he disappeared leaving me with my confused thoughts.