Something for Something

My Darkest Angel

Long seconds followed each other, the air froze around us. The silence was deafening, everyone was staring at Taekwoon with a curious gaze. 
I took a deep breath. I was saved. 
- Who the hell are you?
Wonshik looked at him mystified. 
- For her - Taekwoon glanced at me - I mean the life. But for you...
His glance went through all of the boys, he didn't finish his sentence but everyone knew what he wanted to say. I saw when Hyuk stepped back in frighten. 
- Well... it seems to be that we can greet an angel. 
Hongbin smiled at him and with that a faith half-smile appeared on Taekwoon's face. 
- So...what?
Hakyeon looked them confused, he nervously gasped his gaze beetwen the two boys.
Hongbin stepped forward, puffed out his chest and raised his head like the proud deer of the forest. He started his way toward Taekwoon with dignified steps while didn't take his eyes off of him and before a few steps he stopped in front of him. Taekwoon looked at him emotionlessly, bravely held the other man's gaze. 
There was something in Taekwoon that made him noble. Maybe his appearance as the last, lazy sunshines of the setting sun was playing on his snow-white skin, as his midnight black hair fell into his eyes gave mystique to his owner or it was simply just him. I felt the same thing when I first saw him in the school corridor. 
Mystique.
Notability. 
Courage. 
An omniscient, dark pair of eyes. 
An invisible bond which tempt me to him, interchain us and don't let me escape. 
I wanted him. I wanted him to pay attention only to me.
The dark pair of eyes which was only studied Hongbin's face was finally looking at me. The air trapped in my lungs as I could hear a voice in my mind. 

Don't be afraid, everything will be alright. I don't let them to hurt you. 

My lips parted in astonishment. I have never imagined that one day other's words would fill in the empty parts of my brain where there's solitude and sorrow most of the time.
I would like if it was just a nightmare and everyone would disappear and I would go back to my old life. The life where I was living happily with my grandmother, where wolves didn't want to kill me in the forest and where I have never met with Taekwoon.
It's a lie.
I needed Taekwoon.
- May I know your name, angel?
Hongbin's sharp stare was still looking at my angel's face. There was something special in Hongbin's deep-toned voice that made me feel tranquility and if we weren't in this situation I would calm down. But I was afraid even more. I wasn't afraid because of they would hurt me because Taekwoon is here and Hakyeon also wouldn't let them to hurt me. Rather I was afraid of if Taekwoon won't be careful enough and in a careless moment I would lose him.

I can take care of myself and I will protect you because that's why I exist. Don't worry unnecessarily.

Get out of my head!

He smiled. He showed me the exact smile he gave to Hongbin, too. It wasn't from his heart.
- I don't know why I need to tell you.
Taekwoon said coldly and started walking toward Hongbin and after some steps when he reached him, he stopped and said:
- I only came here for the girl. 
I wasn't expected what happened after because while I blinked once Takewoon put me down from his arms to the ground behind our house. 
- Was it something like hyper speed? 
I was curious but he didn't answer. He grabbed my injured arm without a word and started to pull me into our house. I decided not to scream because of the pain but Taekwoon really squeezed my arm so I kicked his ankle so hard in my anger. 
- AAH! Why did you do that?! Did you forget that I just saved your life AGAIN? - He grabbed his ankle in pain while we were standing in front of my room. - Most people are grateful in this situation and not kincking their savior. 
I didn't say a word. I snatched my arm from his grasp and started my way to the small room where we placed that things we didn't find a place or we didn't need them but didn't want to throw out. 
Inside I searched for the first-aid box then take out the roll bandage and some soothing ointment then started to heal myself. 
- If you accept an advice, you'll never be a nurse. 
He stepped next to me and take the roll bandage out of my hand and started to lap up my injured arm. 
- I could do it alone... - I turned away.
- What? Lapping up your hand? Or could you deal with the wolves? Not to say, I would have checked that out... 
- Wolves?! Those guys were wolves?! 
My widened eyes were bigger than two plates. 
- Yes.
- How you dare to tell me this so calmly?
I snatched my arm from his grasp so he looked into my eyes. 
- And yet how do you know this? Huh?!
- I'm able to look deep into human's soul where the awful reality looks back to me. 
- Stop fooling around. 
- This is the truth, Lana. They were wolves. Except that boy who is your school pekingese. 
- Hakyeon is not my pekingese. He is my only friend who tried to help me. 
- But you don't need other's help when I'm here for you. 
I looked away beacuse I couldn't stand his stare. 
- And try to control your thoughts because I can't be the only one who can look into your small head. 
He said coldly then stood up. 
- Are you planning to leave me? 
- I have to come back to report to the archangel. They must know something happened to you. 
He started his way to the window but he stopped. 
- Anyway... - he turned back to me - I feel the time has come so you can do something for me, don't you think? As many times I saved you in your life you can be grateful for my kindness. 
- As long as you didn't appeared here I had a happy and safe life. If you weren't here those things wouldn't happened. 
I shouted. 
- We can't change our fate, Lana. - He turned back to the window again. - As long as I don't come back, please try not to die. 
He said then disappeared, left me with my anger and my million unanswered questions.