Angel

My Darkest Angel

I stared the nothing in front of me with a blank look, my head almost torned apart because of the billion thoughts in it. I thought about nothing but the unasked questions what the boy might can answer. I wanted to know everything.
Everything.
- Angels do not exist. 
I said finally. I felt that the boy tensed, squeezed a little on my hand then turned his stare away from me. 
- If they're exist my dad wouldn't left us betime and my grandma would lived my wedding... as she promised. 
My eyes got teary but I kept myself, I didn't want to cry. 
- Not everyone can have an angel to protect them. 
He said then straightened up and turned his back to me. A sigh escaped from his lips then he turned back. 
- If you let me I'm gonna tell you everything. Though I'm not supposed to tell you because there are some people who can found it out without help but I don't think you can do it. 
A sarcastic half-smile appeared on his face. 
- Can you please stop to insult me? 
- I'm sorry. 
He said while pulled out a chair and sat down in front of me. 
- I have to know something before I start. 
- I'm listening.
- Tell me Lana, what would you do for the person you love? Would you give up your life for him? 
He looked deep in my eyes. His question surprised me, I didn't expect this. 
- The last person I would gave my life is no longer here and no one can come back from death...
- And if you fall in love with someone? Can you victimize yourself for him? 
Instead of answering I became quiet, I didn't know how to react his question since I've never been in love, how should I know how it feels to love someone and be loved in return. That kind of things are far from me, though...
- If I really love him I'll give my everything to him. Even... my life, too.
I looked away. It disturbed that the boy stared my face all along. 
- I exactly expected this answer.  - he laughed bitterly.
I almost opened my mouth to say something harsh to him when I heard key clattering then door opening and slamming. The woman's here. 
- . - I hissed then turned towards the boy. - Go and hide somewhere quickly. 
I said and tugged him up from his chair and started to pull him away but he grabbed my wrist with a loose motion and smiled at me evocatively. 
- Don't worry. Everything will be fine. 
- Everything will be fine?! If she sees someone's here without her knowledge and this person is actually from the opposite gender, she would kill me! Or both of us!
- I told you that everything will be fine so please calm down. 
He carresed along my face. 
- Calm down?! What do you think how can I...
- Why the heck are you screaming? Is the house on fire or what? 
My mom stepped in the kitchen and suddenly I forgot how to breath. She dropped everything she bought on the table then looked at me with her hands on her hip. 
- Are you still in your uniform? Are you that lazy to refuse changing your clothes? 
She asked while passed the boy who was calmly smiling at me. She walked towards the fridge, took a look in it then walked back to the table like my "guest" don't exist. My jaw was on the floor, I looked at her as she started to put the things out of her bag. 
- Still standing there? Rather make yourself useful and help me. Or move over 'cause your get in the way. 
She passed by again ignoring the boy. 
- See? I told you everything would be fine. 
The boy said then grabbed my arm and started to pull me towards my room. 
I didn't understand anything. All I want was explanation. Right now. 
- What the hell was this?!
I attacked him as soon as the door shut. He didn't answer instead pointed towards my bed. Since I refused to move he picked me up and thrown me on the bed. I landed with a groan, stared him furiously. 
- What the you think that just grab me and thrown me away?! 
- You refused moving. 
He shrugged while stepped to the window and let down the shutters. 
- Give me explanation. Now. 
I stared him as furious as I could. 
- If you're curious about why your mom didn't see me... well therefore I didn't allowed her. 
- Pardon?
I was incredulous. 
- Yeah. Only that person can see me who's allowed. Only that I want. 
He looked deeply into my eyes, I looked away. 
- And now if you let me, I'm gonna give you answers. Even for the unasked questions. 
- Finally you doing some effective things. 
I mumbled then I put myself comfortably on my bed then nodded him to start. 
- Then if you let me... 
He coughed. 
- Everything started with the creation of the world. 
He started the storytelling while walked up and down in front of my bed. If he's continuing like this I'll be dizzy.
- God created the ground, the sky, day and night as well as the humans and everything else which is also written by the Bible. But there are some missing parts. 
- Congratulation. You successfully got my attention. 
I relied on my elbow with a sarcastic smile, so I got some scornful stare from him.
- Sorry, sorry go on please. I promise won't cut you anymore. 
- I strongly suggest. 
He mumbled and went back to storytelling. 
- So... the Bible has some parts you human don't know about. 
- "You human"? It sounds like you're not even... 
I couldn't even end my phrase 'cause he silenced me with a killer gaze. 
- Try to interferes me one more time and I'll kill you. 
- I'm sure about that... 
I mumbled and hoped he didn't hear it.
- So... originally the missing parts would have been in the Bible too, but God decided to burn the papers about us. 
- "About us"? Who do you mean? 
I sat up curiously. 
- The angels. 
His stare was deeply in mine again. 
- Don't make me laugh because everyone knows about the angels. 
- No, Lana... they're not that angels you're thinking about. They're different. A long time ago God gave guardian angel to every human who was beside them and protected them. But lot of them misused the power of the angels and used their guardian's ability for evil things. So God decided only the pure-minded can be priviliged to can have an angel. But things still didn't worked. 
- What happened? 
- God first choosed angels for humans that their gender was the same so a woman got a woman angel and a man got a man. He changed his mind later and send an opposite gendered angel for a pure-minded's protection. But horrible things started to happening. 
- Namely?
The boy stopped from walking, turned my way and continued like that. 
- Some of them fell in love with each other. 
He smiled bitterly.
- And was it a problem? 
- Lana... angels and humans are not the same. They may not fall in love. It's forbidden. And if someone contravene this...
- What happens then?
- It's condemned to eternal damnation in an intermediate world which is not the Earth, not the Heaven nor the Hell. It's a place where no one could come back. 
- It sounds rough.
- Because it is.
- So... 
I started to summarize everything. 
- You said that those "pure-minded" has a guardian angel?
- Exactly. 
- And they're opposite gendered? 
- As you say.
- And if their love was this problematic then why didn't God restore the old one-gendered solution? 
- It involves a lot of paperwork. 
He stared me seriously while I was looking him stupidly and then he started to laughing. He threw his head back while still laughing so I got a straight visibility of his neck. His skin looks so white and soft. Damn it. 
- Don't mess with me!
I threw a pillow towards him but he dodged. 
- Seriously... 
His dark face came back again.
- I'm not allowed to tell it to you. Because humans can't know everything. 
- Oh come on! Stop talking about that human . You're talking like you're different... - I said indignantly. 
- Oh, it's look like you still don't understand. You're really a difficult case...
He shook his head. 
- What do you think why I was talking about the angels so far? What do you think who am I for you?
- A harasser? 
Barely I said that the boy was in front of me immediately. Everything was that fast I didn't even comprehend. How was he able to be here in just a glance?
- Don't mess with me, Lana. 
Because of his composure I shivered. I pushed him away from me and looked him desperately then started to put together the pieces of the puzzle in my head. When the last piece got into its place I looked away in fearing. 
There is no such. This is just a joke. This boy is just kidding me. 
- You found out, right?
Instead of an answer I still looked away demonstratively. 
- Look at me, Lana.
I shook my head. 
- I told you to look at me. 
His voice was staid but I felt the tension around us. Slowly I raised my eyes at him. When our glance met the boy gulped and after a little hesitation he spoke. 
- I feel it's time to introduce myself. My name is Taekwoon and I am your guardian angel.