Friends

My Darkest Angel

Staring. Inspite of that I already used to the curious gazes, people keep on staring me. This is due I'm only Korean from my father's side. My mom's from the UK. That's why I have lighter hair color and my eyes are rounder instead of almond-shaped and its color is a little gray.
Also they're always amazed when they're first hear my name. Lana Park. I don't know why they found it weird. Just a name. 

I'm trying to find my classroom as soon as possible to hide from the curious gazes, although I feel that there would be more staring faces over there. I hate when they're whispering behind my back. As if I'm not a human like them. 
I was on to give up to find my classroom when a boy from nowhere popped out in front of me. 
- Hi~
He greeted me joyfully as I stepped back in flinch. He was tall, his dark curls fell into his eyes and his full lips turned into a smile. He was really tall and his skin was surprisingly dark. He was hot. Freakin' hot. 
- Uhm...
I moaned and stepped back again but he followed me. 
- Are you Lana, right? Lana Park. 
His smile invatiably bloomed on his face. 
- Y-Yeah. But how...?
- I was informed from your coming. Oh, how discourteous am I, I'm not even introduced myself. I'm Cha Hakyeon, the president of the student council and also your class president. The headmaster asked me to lead you around the school and also take care of you as long as you fit in our class. 
- So we...
- We're classmates. 
I hummed as he ended my phrase. He took a look on his watch then turned in my way and offered his hand to me. 
- If you don't mind, I'm gonna kidnap you. I wanna lead you around the school area. 
- But the first class will start soon. - I said as I looked at the huge clock on the wall. 
- Don't worry, the headmaster arranged it so I can lead you around calmly. We'll go to the second class together. 
This guy really doesn't have another face just this smiling one? 
- Oh before I forget, here's your timetable. 
He took out a paper from his backpack and handed it to me kindly. I bow a little when accept it. 
- Thank you.
I took it away, I'll study it later. 
- Then... shall we go? 
He offered his hand again and I embrace it a little hesitatingly. Because the first class didn't start yet, almost everyone were in the corridor and everywhere we went they kept staring us. Several of them remarked us but Hakyeon hushed them. 
- Don't worry about them. They're just jealous. 
He said as we passed a group of girls who couldn't resist to shout after us. 
- You must be popular among girls. 
- Well...yeah. Most of them can't get over if see me with one of the representative of the prettier gender. They could be annoying, too. - He laughed in confusion. 
- People also always staring at me not because I'm pretty rather I'm... different.
I swept away a lock of hair behind my ears in confusion. 
- Eventually... not everyone can see an international beauty everday. 
Hakyeon smiled down on me, he made me embarassed. 
Meanwhile the first class has started so everyone went to their classroom. The girls are finally left us alone so Hakyeon can started the journey. If he saw someone who was in the corridor, he sent him/her to the classroom. 
When we were on the second floor of the school, I saw a boy who was leaned against the wall and stared at me. He was as tall as Hakyeon or taller and he was slim but muscular. However he wasn't wearing the school uniform. He wore a black shirt with black tie and dark jeans with elegant shoes. His black hair softly fell into his eyes and he was nonstop staring at me. His snow-white skin was in a contrast with his appearance. I couldn't read any emotion from his face, his ice-cold stare went deep into my soul. Almost screamed from him that he isn't belongs here. His emanation was somehow... fearful. 
I tightened a little on Hakyeon's arm as we passed the boy but it looked like Hakyeon didn't see him. 
- What's wrong?
He asked as I held his arm thighter. 
- No, it's nothing, just... 
I looked back at the boy who was there but for now he crossed his arms in front of his chest and still stared at me. 
- What are you looking at?
Hakyeon followed my stare when I turned back to him in scared. 
- Who's that boy?
- What boy? 
He looked quizzically at me. 
- That one who's standing there.
I pointed at his way but the boy was no longer there. I stood still in shock while Hakyeon was talking.
- But there's nobody out there. Could you see him surely?
- We walked next to him and he was staring my face all along. 
I looked at him frightened. 
- I'm sorry but I don't know what are you talking about. Just the two of us are in here, believe me, if someone had been here I would noticed it. 
- But... - I beggined but Hakyeon started to pulling me after himself.  
- You just imagined it. - He ruffled my hair - Come! I have a lot more to show you. 

He really showed me everything. He was so kind and helpful all along the trip. No wonder girls love him that much. 
- I think I showed you everything. If you need some help please feel free to ask me and I'll do anything for you. 
- Thank you. You are so kind. - I smiled at him. 
I spent the rest of my day with Hakyeon because he refused to either widen an inch away from me. I appreciated his effort though I got a bit confused. Because of him I became the target of the girls. He was with me after school while I was waiting for the woman to take me home. 
- Tell me Lana, do you wanna be my friend? 
He asked suddenly. He surprised me with this question. 
- O-Of course we can be friends.
I smiled at him shyly and he smiled back. And just then the woman came. 
- Then, see you tomorrow, Hakyeon! 
I waved bye to him when the woman parked in front of us. Hakyeon happily waved me back then turned and went back to the school but before he entered the building he passed that boy who stared me before. The stranger stared at me again but Hakyeon just passed him as the boy wouldn't exist. We kept the eye contact with the stranger as long as the woman the main road. 
- Are you deaf?
She asked me roughly so I came back to the reality. 
- W-What?
- I asked you who was that guy you talked with so happily. 
- Oh. - I moaned. - He was Hakyeon the class president. He helped me today and showed me the whole school. 
- Mmm.
The answer was this much and from that moment we were in full silent all the way to home. 

- Dinner on the fridge. 
The woman said and went to her own room. I wasn't hungry so I went straight my room. I changed my uniform to a comfortable one and looked out the window. It's already began to darken, the sunshine was so thin between the trees. And then I glimpsed something between the trees. He was it. The stranger boy earlier. I wasn't sure but somehow I felt that it was him. He was looking towards my way, suddenly turned around and stepped into the wood. I didn't think just did it. I took my shoes immediately and run toward the forest.