Chapter 4: Meeting the Park Family

It's Some Kind of a Disease
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


I rushed to Bom’s apartment and asked her mom if I could accompany her to the province. This was the chance I was waiting to get; to be on the field and gather research materials for my work. Mrs. Park was glad enough to take me with her on the trip. Well, glad is an understatement. She was more like ecstatic.


I hurried home and packed my things and brought the most important thing for my journey -- the Euphorbia Hirta pot. My sister came to my room and leaned to the open door. “So I’ve heard, you’re going on a field trip? It went well with Bommie, then?” She sarcastically said with a smirk. “Nope. It didn’t go well. Turns out she had been crushing on Seung-hyun all these years.” I bitterly replied. She blurted, “Ah! Poor baby dragon. Don’t worry mother will understand. She’ve been itching for you to find a bride since you’ve been so busy with the saving the world kind of thing.” She let out a chuckle. I straightened myself and paused from packing my things and pointed a finger at her, “For your information, it was not her who I should be thanking for saving your life.” Then I went to my closet to pick some clothes. “Ah, so you’ve been crushing on the wrong person for 15 years, then?” She said and made a loud laugh. I stared at her. “Okay, okay. Then, are you gonna meet this person on your field trip?” she added still with a wide grin on her face. I nodded in agreement. She clapped her hands to her chest and said, “Well! I should tell mom to make the proper arrangements, then!” I quickly looked at her to inquire but she was gone from the door. I shouted, “What arrangements?!” but I got no response.


The very next morning, I woke up early and bid farewell to my family. I only had within a month to finish off my research and time was wasting away. “Good luck, son. And give my regards to your Tablo and Dara for me. Here, take these cookies I made for them. They will be very happy.” Mother said cheerfully. I nodded in agreement. I called a taxi to the subway station for me to meet Mrs. Park. “Don’t forget to bring a wife!” mom shouted. I blushed and hurried inside the cab.


The trip was smooth. Mrs. Park told me about the stories after they moved to their new house in the province 15 years ago. She told me that after Bom graduated, Bom opted to live in the city to insure that if her parents needed medical help she already had it covered with the greatest medical facilities offered in the main land. Dara, on the other hand, graduated in Agriculture and opted to stay and tend their farm. After seeing my work, she was inspired to help out with the community where the cases of the dengue fever was rampant. I was glad to hear that my work was not to be in vain.


We’ve arrived to the next station and we rode a fast boat to the main province. After which, we rode a bus to take us to the little town where Mrs. Park lived. The ride was enjoyable. I felt both nervo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter