Chapter 1: Euphorbia Hirta

It's Some Kind of a Disease
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Professor Kwon?”

 

I raised my head towards the voice that called my name. I totally dozed of my desk again.

 

“Yes? ... Sorry for the mess... How can I help you principal Yang Hyun Suk?” I hastily wiped my face to look presentable.

 

“I am deeply concerned with your current situation. I find that you are lacking resources and inspiration with your research of the benefits of the Euphorbia Hirta plant.” Principal Yang took an empty chair and placed himself comfortably. He continued, “You have been locked up in your office far too long after your teachings. Shouldn’t you be in the field? Well, you are a biologist teacher, are you not?”

 

I gulped and scratched my head in embarrassment. It’s true that as a biologist I should be on the field testing and examing the plants. However, I haven’t gotten the chance to because there aren’t many Botanical garden around this overly populated and civilized city. I’ve been wanting to propose to the World Health Organization to implement the usage of the Euphorbia Hirta as a cure to Dengue Fever and be distributed all over the globe that had great statistics of death from such disease.

 

When I was ten, my family and I used to live in the poor urban area in the city. Living in a not-so-sanitized area made us prone to diseases. One unfortunate day, my eldest sister came home with a very high fever after school. We hurriedly took her to a doctor and after much tests it was known that she had Dengue fever. We couldn’t afford to take her to a nice hospital, so we settled at a poor public hospital ins

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter