Chapter 13: Like an Incurable Disease

It's Some Kind of a Disease
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Professor Kwon?”

 

I raised my head towards the voice that called my name. I totally dozed of my desk again.

 

“Yes? ... Sorry for the mess... How can I help you principal Yang Hyun Suk?” I hastily wiped my face to look presentable.

 

“I understand that today will be your last day of working her in the University but I would want you not to slack off on your work, Professor Kwon.” He said as he took an empty chair and sat himself comfortably. “However,” his tone soften, “I thank you because of your work about the Euphorbia Hirta. Our school has recieved such wonderful reviews and had urged our students to be more proactive in helping out the society with their own research and made plenty of community work not just around the city but all over the country.” He paused and exhaled deeply. “Your presence in our school will surely be missed.”

 

I smiled and said, “Indeed, Principal Yang Hyun Suk. However, the school has already done this before. It was just a matter of supporting the students of their dreams and goals. They are young but full of potential. I believe that in this University they will be able to broaden up their knowledge and be challenged in pursuing their dreams.” I placed all my paperworks neatly on the table for the next teacher to take over. I took my crutches and my sling bag and slid it on my shoulders. I stood up and Principal Suk stood and followed me. He helped open the door for me and we slowly walked pass the school hallway. Everyone awaits for me and bid me farewell and luck. I smiled to them and also bid my farewell. Seung-hyun waited at the entrance with the car. I turned to Principal Suk and bid my last farewell. He said, “I know you will do even more great things Professor Kwon and I pray for you. God Speed.” I nodded and hugged Principal Suk. He was like a second father and a mentor to me. I was surely going to miss his non-stop lecture and nagging. I hasted towards the car. Seung-hyun helped me with my bag and crutches. He quickly went to the driver’s seat and drove me back home.

 

“It’s sad that you will no longer be at the school premises. I feel so lonesome if you aren’t there.” Seung-hyun said. “Don’t be so melodramatic, Seung-hyun. You know better to visit me when you can. I don’t think I would hinder you barging in my house so late a night whenever you misses me. Sometimes, I would think I couldn’t have a time alone for myself.” I humored him. Seung-hyun laughed and quickly replied, “I don’t think it is best for you to be alone, Mr. Kwon. You were always such a baby. I need to make sure you are well taken care of.” He laughed out loud again. I snorted at his retort. “Will you be heading to the province, Mr. Kwon?” He added. “Yes, Seung-hyun. I would like to further my research on the botanical aspect of curing diseases without the use of synthetic medicines. The department of health opted for me to present another research that I may help those communities that will not be able to afford such priceful medicines.” I said. “But Mr. Kwon. Have you asked your doctors if you are now able to travel on your own?” he said worried about my current condition. “I have. In fact, they had suggested to, at least, do some light labor in order for me to excercise my muscles on my feet that I may be able to walk again in a few weeks from now.” Seung-hyun features brightened after hearing such wonderful news. Months had passed since Dara’s Surgery. My arm was able to recuperate but my legs would still need some more time to heal. However, I was still hopeful. I never lost any hope.

 

We have arrived home and I gathered all my packed things. Seung-hyun helped me with my luggage. I bid my family goodbye. Mom was crying but I promised her that I will be coming back. My father gave me a hug and wished me all the best. I hugged my sister as she also held in her tears. I went inside the car and Seung-hyun drove me to the subway. We went to the subway and Seung-hyun has my luggage. I went to buy my tickets. I bid Seung-hyun farewell. “I’m really going to miss you, Jiyong.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter