Chapter 11: Spend the day

It's Some Kind of a Disease
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day, we all woke up. Mr. Tablo and Dara helped me out of bed. Dara gave me a basin of water to wash my face. I got embarrassed since as I should've been the one who should take care of her. Everytime I would wallow my self in pity she would keep on saying, "I'd rather spend my life happily taking care of the people I love... Than to lay for ever in bed and feel sorry for myself..." Seung-hyun and Bom came in the room. Seung-hyun brought me spare clothes to change. Since my accident, Seung-hyun had been visiting me quite often and insured that I was okay. They seemed to grow very close with Bom. I was very happy with the progress they are making. Soon after, our mothers arrived. The whole room was filled with joy regardless of the sorrowful situation we were in. Dara never wanted us to sad. She felt hopeful, now that everyone was together. We are now together.

A doctor and a nurse came in to the room to inform about the results of Dara's tests. We were all together in the room.

"Dara, I have your test results about your brain tumor." He said calmly.

I sat in the bed with her. I held her hands firmly. I felt her hands were cold. I knew she was nervous of what news where to come.

The doctor continued, "we found out your brain tumor is benign." Gasps of happiness where buzzing around the room. I steal held Dara's hand firmly waiting for more confirmation and news. How I prayed it to be all good news? "However, the possibility of the enlargement of the tumor will result you to have more complication with either your brain response or your eye sight. I highly suggest that you would take surgery as soon as the tumor is still small." We were quiet. There were too many uncertainties going on in our life but there was hope and there was also a catch. The doctor and nurse left us. I looked at Dara sternly. She looked at me with a smile. She was hopeful. "Everyone..." She said not looking away from me. "I decided I will go through the surgery." "But Dara! How assured are we that the surgery would be successful? I've heard so many things about people getting a surgery and there illness only got worse!" Bom blurted out. Dara shook her head in disagreement and softly said, "I am hopeful that this will be successful because God made it possible for my tumor to be benign. I know he has a plan for me. I can feel it..." She said as she closed her eyes and gently squeezed my hands. She was gathering courage. She was gathering it through me. She knew the hardship I was going through wanting to be able to be better again. She wanted to do the same. I could feel what she was thinking as she held my hands tightly.


Few days had past we had set up a schedule for her surgery. She was so brave. Every after my rehabilitation sessions I would stay in the hospital wiith her. We kept on hoping Dara would change her mind but she was determined to undergo. Two days before her surgery I asked her for a date. Being in a wheelcha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter