Chapter 9

Secret Shield
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Amber's Pov

 

After discussing a bit more one our alliance Krystal left to go back to her dorm. Before we had even realized it was past 7 in the afternoon.

Once she had left to go let me change my bandages I was once again left to my own thoughts.

And although I couldn't have been more happy about finally getting along with Krystal again I couldn't help but feel confused.

 

Just how much did Krystal forget when I pushed her out the window years ago?

Could it be that she forgot everything....?

 

Crap... then could also mean that Krystal might have forgotten about them!?!

 

Why on earth did I not think of that before?

But its not as if their coming to the school anytime soon.

 

Before I managed to even finish that thought Victoria came in rushing into my room.

 

“Amber! What are you still doing here? The school annual masquerade is going to start soon! Why on earth are you not out there protecting Krystal?!” she cried at me.

 

“Victoria were you the one that left my door open knowing that Krystal would wander in here?” I suddenly asked.

 

“Sigh yes it was me but we can talk about that later. Don't you know who's coming today?!” she said quickly.

 

“Umm guest from outside the school...CRAP!” I said when the truth finally hit me.

 

And seeing the realization in my eyes Victoria quickly helped me bandage up my wounds and my tuxedo and mask for our school masquerade. I didn't have time to put on my armor and my guear and weapons.

 

I then quickly rushed out of the room cursing like a sailor in my mind and begging to anything out there to make sure that Krystal hadn't seen THEM yet.

 

Damn our school for stupid things like a masquerade for the first week of school but I realized that the mask's came in handy as I was running like a rabid animal trying to look for Krystal the masks would help me find her.

Please be safe...I don't want to lose you again.

 

Finally after shoving and running Krystal's mask came into came into view (as her guardian I had picked out her mask) and just as I was about to yell out her name to attract her attention.

I saw that she was with somebody else.

 

They had already made contact...I was too late.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Krystal's pov

 

 

 

I had completely forgotten about the school masquerade that SM High had every year. And I suddenly wished that I had taken up Victoria's offer of staying one more day at the hospital wing.

Sigh apparently the school had the masquerade in order that with the masks on the students would get along with each other without knowing it and everybody would suddenly get along.

 

What stupidity.

 

But still the rush of making everything right with Amber and the agreement on our alliance kept me going. I was in my dorm getting ready for the masquerade.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter