Chapter 8

Secret Shield
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Amber's pov


 

I winced in pain as I was bandaging my wounds the cut wasn't as deep as I thought which was a relief.

My mind was spinning in confusion. Both Victoria and I had had an argument right before I came in my hospital room to change the bandage on my stomach wound.


 

(Flash back to moments before)


 

“Amber we need to tell Krystal the truth she deserves it” Victoria said pleadingly


 

“You know why we can't Victoria once she knows the truth do you really think she'll be happy? The truth of all the assassins and all the lies in her family would hurt her beyond anything.” I snapped at Victoria


 

“We don't need to tell her everything just enough to recognize us and to know the dangers that surround her.”


 

“I'll think about it now leave I need to change my bandages.” I had said.


 

Couldn't Victoria understand that I wanted to tell Krystal the truth about everything as well just as much as she did? How much I wanted her to recognize me like the good old days?


 

“Fine but if you don't tell her soon enough I'll tell her myself” she said as she glared at me and left the room.


 

(End of flashback)


 


 

I felt like my day couldn't get any worse as I was changing the bandages but of course with my luck my day did get worse (or maybe better).

I felt a pair of eyes suddenly watching me and I quickly looked over to see who it was.


 

It was Krystal.

I froze into a statute my brain working out millions of possibilities on how she got here.

I was about to say something when she spoke first.


 

“Amber just who are you?” her eyes were swimming with mixed emotion and confusion.


 

Everything I was about to say crammed into the back of my throat and for once in my life I didn't know what to say.


 

“Please answer me just who are you? And what are you hiding from me?” she asked pleading with me to tell the truth.


 

“Sigh please close the door and come inside then we'll talk ok?” I said exhausted with the sudden turn of events.


 

She ran to close the door and then she came into the room and sat on the edge of my bed inches away from where I was standing.

What was I to say to her I couldn't just tell her everything all the truths would destroy her.

She seemed to sense my hesitation and spoke calmly.


 

“Sigh Amber yo..you don't need to tell me everything right now just answer me a couple of questions at least and then I want for us to cooperate ok?” she said gently.


 

“Alright but I'll only answer 3 questions at a time and when am ready to tell more it will go by 3 answers at a time.” I said


 

“Fine my first question is who are you?” she asked


 

Well..how the hell was I supposed to answer this, the question was too vague.


Please Subscribe to read the full chapter