Interlude

10 Ways To Get Noticed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello, my dears,

Flashbacks just as in the previous chapters leading up to the main story. I know, right. Please just bear with me. 

 

 

Breathless, Chiang stormed into the first available classroom and staggered upon the farthest chair near the desk and an opened window; the dazzling beams of sunshine already illuminating the whole space with a soft glow - a wintery weather not ceasing to disrupt thoughts of summer's warmth even when the day was closing upon a sunset.

Unlike Chiang's inner state of mind though - from having an abundance of joy in the pit of his stomach at the beginning to feeling absolutely humiliated in the worst possible way, with guilty thoughts triggering different kinds of scenarios in his poor head. Not even such a stunning view could make him feel any better.

''Ah,'' Chiang exhaled, taking off his backpack at last and putting it down. All he needed, for now, was to take some time to give in to his meek state and calm that beating betrayingly fast heart, which was about to burst out of his chest like a caged animal.

"What a day!" Chiang sighed for the hundredth time before laying his hands on the table and burying his head in them.

---

"Have you seen where did he go?" Suan Ah paced again in an empty space of a History classroom, hands folded and a scowl waving its place on her usually kind face.

The place was stuffed with lots of bookshelves and posters of old maps, accompanying many flashy flashcards and absurd hand-made sketches of famous historical figures - all fit in their frames in a special order to teacher's liking, which was all irritating the headmaster's daughter. So, so badly.

"I don't know. Really. He must have had some business going on with Ice Prince lately, so it would only be natural if they are off to somewhere...um in private." 

Suan Ah turned her sour face with a look of disbelief towards a second year senior slash a trusted confidante. "Private?"

"I mean as friends." The boy replied shyly.

She eyed him critically before speaking. "Hmm, don't think so. Chiang ah doesn't trust people that easily to run off someplace without getting to know them beforehand. Besides he wouldn't sacrifice his attendance rate decreasing just for anyone, except for the fish girl."

Suan Ah knew her friend very well and if he was missing, besides in a company of her ex-favourite oppa, if of course, her suspicions towards the blond were true, it only could mean one thing:

Chiang~ah was in danger!

"Tell the class president I wasn't feeling alright, so I went to see the nurse," Suah ordered, feeling murderous.

"Miss, beat the crap out of them!!" 

"Will do, Song-ah. Will do." The girl said, exiting the room with a speed of Thunder.

 

---

The more Chiang sat there, all alone, the more frustration was getting the hold on him - until it burst like a bubble...

What a mess! Made myself an utter idiot, again! The boy banged the table with a fist - which would likely leave bruises on his pale knuckles but he didn't care. He was shaking; gnawing relentlessly on his lower lip...

''Why am I like this? It wasn't my fault that I couldn't stand the sight of bullying, right?'' Nor that he couldn't fight those punks off. Pathetic. No... there were no excuses for a boy of his age to have no knowledge of how to throw a simple kick - aish! He couldn't help Shi Woo...

Chiang dug further nails into the soft flesh of his palms till it pained.

What would his parents- what would they think of such a weak successor to their great Empire that they've built with such a care?!

- He would look like a total loser! No wonder, there was a talk of a substitute on his father's place - such a shameless parody of a son to run his company - a bastard! ''Ah,'' the tears prickled in boy's eyes; he sniffled, looking away out of the window. Tops of maple trees were weighed down by the heavy cover of snow - bent yes, but still as elegant as in summer; just as the bright blue sky with a peachy blush spread across, reaching the lines of the horizon - pale but mesmerising as ever.

How untamed, how strong nature was, with its beauty intact in spite of winter's grasp - unlike him... ''Shi Woo would too think coward of me!'' Desperate, he lowered his head onto his hands, wishing to curl into a ball. "I know it's feeble but I've never been one to stand up for myself!" A lone child awoke in him with many more taunting memories...

"Why was he there? Why was he helping me, why?"

More tears rolled down his face and he cried, cried for what seemed to be an eternity until there were footsteps nearing the door and a voice breaking a daunting silence:

''Is anyone in here?''

Chiang sniffled one more time and wiped his tears quickly. ''Um..'' For a moment, he contemplated whether to flee or hide in order to conceal his weakest moment but vouched for whoever it was, they won't pry into his affairs. Strangers don't do meddling, only friends. A thought of his bestie made a reappearance in his head but he shook it off quickly, standing up and reaching for his backpack.

In that precise moment, the door swung open and a tall - maybe a couple of inches taller, brown-haired boy came into vision; Blissfully smiling he came further in, pulling his hands out of his pockets. ''Oh, there is someone after all.'' He stepped from one leg to another, smiling nervously. ''Hi...um,'' Behind him, tagging along, a petite girl - blushing vigourously. Chiang signed mentally at the two. They were two years younger and already- ''Hyuk~ah, we should,'' Warily, the girl flickered her gaze from Chiang to her , fluttering eyelashes innocently, ''Go back..to studying.'' As if what they would be doing was not shameless! Drop the act! Ugh. Chiang rolled his eyes and was about to leave when a hand tugged on his sleeve. '' 'm..sorry. You can stay, we were just about to study, really - and besides,'' The boy rubbed the back of his neck, looking suddenly guilty. ''I always knew that this place is empty nowadays so,'' he paused, pink-cheeked; probably they've been outside during free period, Chiang reasoned, thinking of the same colour but on S- Ariel's rosy ones. Khm. ''...since our ex-homeroom teacher left last autumn, so we-''

''Listen-''

Chiang knitted brows, trying to comprehend why this person was so into explaining himself to a total stranger, well, yes they were classmates but still, who would beg to differ, if they met each other just now? Pondering it was enough adventures for today, Chiang muttered something incoherent under his breath and pulled his hand from other boy's clutches, starting to adjust his tie with it on his way out. The gesture so f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter