VI- Let's Get some Coffee.(Finale I of II)

Coffee Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

(A/N: Thank you for all your love and support, Please note, I am not studying nursing just yet, just getting into the program, SO I DON'T HAVE any idea around Medical stuff just yet, I di some research for this part, BUT this is all FICTIONAL! A long chapter ahead so Feel free to take breaks in between )

(Suggested Music: Piece by Piece By Kelly Clarkson )

The ambulance and paramedics were fast to attend to the accident.

 

A fatal collision, between two cars.

 

Sehun immediately ran out of his car as Luhan watched the car in front of them, Chanyeol’s Driving that car, get hit by a carrier truck from the other side of intersection.


 

Sehun ran to the scene, making sure that he take extra care of the people inside the car, Important people in his life, he didn’t have the chance to get shock nor panic, all that is running through his mind is save them.

 

The impact was on the right side, Driver’s seat. The back right side of Driver’s seat.

 

Sehun first pulled out Baekhyun, assisting his neck, making sure it’s not damaged.

 

“Hyung, can you hear me..” No response, but Baekhyun’s eyes is still wide open. Blood rushed down from the left side of his head

 

Some passerby had come to help, “I know first aid!” a petite girl said as she helped Sehun, “Make sure he doesn’t fall asleep.” he said before he rushed to the other side but it was impossible, the carrier truck and the right side of the car had became one.

 

“Chanyeol Hyung!”

 

Sehun heard a groan, “Hyung can you hear me?”

 

“Hyun...Where’s Hyun..?” Chanyeol struggled to say the word, but Sehun’s heart stopped beating.

 

That’s when Sehun heard Luhan’s voice calling for the boy.








 

“Where’s Hyun?!” Chanyeol asked inside the ambulance, the Director had broken some ribs and needed more examination to make sure there’s no internal bleeding.

 

The paramedics told him his son is okay.


 

It was a lie.


 

“Doctor Byun, You can’t…” One of the paramedics said as they stopped Baekhyun from getting out of the stretcher.

 

“I have too!” He debated tears streaming down his cheeks.

 

“But we need to check you up, please, we have to make sure you’re ok--”

 

“I have to make sure Hyun is okay!” Baekhyun shouted back, and he hissed when he felt a sharp pain in his head.

 

“Please Doctor Kim is arriving in five hours he took the earliest flight, Docotr Lee is making sure he checks up on Hyun now and then to keep the swelling dow--”

 

“CLEAN MY WOUNDS. NOW.”



 



 

“Prepare the operation room in ten minutes.” Baekhyun informed his team.

 

“Call Taemin tell him we are doing this together.” Baekhyun said as he got out of the shower as he cleaned his wounds.

 

He ignored the pain from his head. And the sharp pain from his left ribs. “It’s broken ribs Doctor Byun, we have to d--” “Bring me to my office..now.”

 

Baekhyun’s hand was shaking as he changes in his operating gown, Time is their enemy. If the swelling continues, They will lose him.

 

Baekhyun tried his best not cry, and that’s when he heard a knock on his door.

 

“Hyung..” Sehun approached him, the nurse already changed in operating clothes.

 

Sehun made his way to his roommate and hug him from behind resting his head on his shoulder, “Taemin said it’s 30% to 70% chance, he said...Hyun…” And it was the first time Baekhyun sees Sehun break down.

 

“We will hold onto that 30% Sehun...we will” Baekhyun said as he suppress his cry. I will take care of you, Hyun.



 

“Hyung...Where’s Hyun...Is Baekhyun, are they okay?” Chanyeol asked as he gripped on his side.

 

“Chanyeol..” Luhan couldn’t help but break down, he rushed to his brother’s side and cry. He just cried.

 

“Hy-Hyung…” Chanyeol choked up.

 

“Hyunie…...My Hyunie!!” Luhan sobbed.

 

And Chanyeol lost it.

 


(Suggested Song: Never Say Gooodbye- Michael Bolton)

 

“Hey sweetheart.” Baekhyun greeted the boy.

 

It was five minutes ago when a nurse barged into his room as he was about to do his final preparation for the operation. “Doctor Byun...Hyun...he’s awake.”

 

“Hyung!” The boy tried to smile, “My head hurts…” Hyun complained.

 

And Baekhyun choked on his own tears, he have to look away, to hide the tears threatening to fall.

 

“Is that so? Tell you what, how about we count to ten Hyunie?” Sehun said trying to be strong and not show the boy what’s about to come.

 

“I only know till five….” Hyun said.

 

Baekhyun laugh at this and gently patted Hyun’s hand, then we will count only till five.”

 

“Okay!!! One, two--AHHHHHHH” Hyun screamed and grab his head.

 

Baekhyun panicked and Sehun have to call Taemin for assistance.

 

Luhan who is watching from the window screamed and knock on the class, Sehun have to come and stop him, “Hyunie!!! Hyunie!! Sehun what’s happening to Hyunie!! Sehun!!!! We have to help Hyunie!!”


 

 

 


 

“Baek Hyung it’s Awwieeee…. Pweasee hold my hand!!” Hyun asked, no pleading, and Baekhyun ignored another sharp pain in his head as he hold onto Hyun while Taemin gave Hyun another dose of anesthesia.

 

“We have to go through the operation now.” Taemin said, and Baekhyun could only nod. I will take care of you Hyun promise.



 

They rolled down the bed towards the operation, and on the way, Chanyeol asked Sehun if he can talk to his son.

 

“Hey Sunshine…” Chanyeol tried his best. He did, but his tears betrayed him.

 

“Appa… Why you crying?” The boy said as he tried to reach for his appa, and wipe his tears.

 

“It’s because Appa wants you to be okay..” Chanyeol said as he hold onto his son’s hand and kissed it.

 

Hyun manages to give him the biggest smile he could form, a weak smile, but it was enough for Chanyeol.

 

“Hyun will be okay Appa, I pwomise!”






 


 

It has been five straight hours, Doctor Kim have joined the two neurologists in the operating room.

 

“Doctor Byun..His hand.” One of the nurse inquired as Joonmyun taken his spot to give him time to rest, while Taemin is on support.



 

And Baekhyun knew that Hyun was having a hard time. The boy must be in so much pain.

 

Baekhyun tried his best to be strong. As he made his way towards the boy removing his gloves and holding onto Hyun’s hand with dear life, God, Please save him. I won’t ask anything but to save him please.

 

But it seems like his prayers were unheard.

 

When the sound of the machine he despised the most went off.

 

“Flat line!! We have flat line!!!”

 

Sehun immediately starts pumping air to Hyun’s airway, while Taemin and Joonmyun worked on the open wound in Hyun’s head, Baekhyun hold onto the boy, Hyunie, you promised. Hyun, please. OH GOSH please Hyun.

 

Sehun keeps pumping air ignoring the tears blocking his sight, Hyunie, Please. Hold on.

 

One nurse have to stop Sehun from pumping the air when Taemin and Joonmyun exchanged glances, and Baekhyun shakes his head vigorously knowing what it meant.

 

He told Sehun to hold onto Hyun’s hand, as he wash his hand and grab a pair of pair gloves al the while he is chanting, “No,No,No.”

 

“Baekhyun we did our best it’s ti--”

 

“SHUT UP!!! TAEMIN SHUT UP!!” Baekhyun screamed, There’s still hope, it’s 30% chance. I am holding on to that.

 

“He will make it, he will be okay.” Baekhyun said as he tried to aide on the open wound, “Taemin put the air mask back, Joonmyun, put it on 180, Sehun… just hold Hyun’s hand...and never let go..” Baekhyun said his eyes still focused on the wound, “Make sure you don’t let go, because Hyun is scared, I know he is…. Don’t let go!!”





 

It has been seven hours.

 

Several nurses had been in and out of the room but none have spoken words with either Luhan nor Chanyeol.

 

“He’s gonna be okay. I know he is.” Chanyeol recited, it was supposed to assure Luhan but now it sounded more like a memorized script, a line Chanyeol have to say just to make sure his son is okay.

 

It has been way too long that Chanyeol feared that once they are out it’s not gonna be what he is hoping for.

 

“Baekhyun’s in there...He won’t let anything bad to happen…”Luhan said as he grabbed Chanyeol’s hand, “Baekhyun have saved so many lives, and I know for sure, that he will for Hyun.”






 

 

 


 

“Stable.” And Baekhyun could properly breathe again.

             


 

"He's in stable condition now. But we still have to keep him in intensive care  unit." Joonmyun said offering a soft smile towards Chanyeol.

It was as if Chanyeol had given another chance to live, a huge weight on his shoulder was lifted, and all he could think about is how much he is thankful for all the people who have helped Hyun. 'His Hyunie.'

Luhan on another hand just stood there, still too overwhelmed of what happened in the course of ten hours of waiting, all he did was wait while his nephew is fighting for his life, "We had a flat line, Mr. Park." Luhan heard the doctor.

That was another cue for Luhan to sob quietly beside his brother,

Hyun was, and still is, in so much pain. Luhan doesn't know how Chanyeol can still manage to keep calm and collected.

"Flat line....You said Flat line?!" Luhan couldn't help it anymore. He just wanted or more specifically needed someone to vent out his emotion, "WE ARE PAYING YOU MORE THAN WHAT YOU ALL DESERVE AND YOU ARE SAYING YOU LET MY NEPHEW REACHED FLAT LINE?!!!"

Chanyeol have to grab on Luhan's arm to keep the man from breaking down.

"Luhan, Hyun is okay now. He is okay." Chanyeol whispered to him.

"But.. They said...Chanyeol we almost lost Hyunie...." Luhan sobbed in his brother's arms.

Joonmyun offered them a smile, he knew Luhan was just overwhelmed a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter