Chapter 1

Hey Notebook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey Notebook

Chapter 1

 

Jung Eunji

                What is destiny? They said that it is picking up the same book from the floor. They said that it was meeting again for the second time. Some said it is when you end up with the person you less expected to.It was like the fairytales where you just need a special moment to start something.

                What is destiny for me…? Hmmm… That is hard to explain. I guess it is like the old fairytales that I rarely recalled. It is when you felt like a prince when finding your princess. And you just felt like having a happy ending sooner rather than later.

 

                It took me about two weeks to meet my destiny once again. Yep. I kept calling Son Naeun my destiny even when I doubt that she remember me. Is that even possible? She slapped me in the face with a reason unknown of. She can’t just forget me right?

                But it really felt that way because she avoided me like I am some sort of disease. I wanted to come closer to her but she always vanishes like a bubble. I never knew where she’s gone or where she’s going.

                Well that day was an exception.

               

                “Yah, Son Naeun!!!!” I screamed on the top of my lungs when I saw that girl walking out of her classroom I guess. I heard people whispering everywhere but I barely cared. All I cared about is the walking beauty who has her earphones on and does not seem to notice me that moment.

                It was only that moment when she bumped me on the way that she get to see my sparkling face that made thousands of people swoon for. Okay, probably I was exaggerating.

                She’s strangely about my height that day. Probably due to the insoles I am wearing. Still, she has a confused face when she found me. I did what I am great at so I just gave her a bright smile that I was kinda hoping she would give back, somehow.

               

                She didn’t, if that’s what you are wishing for.

               

                She removed her earphones on and gave me a blank look, as if demanding a question I don’t know of.

                When I didn’t say anything, she spoke. Finally.

                “What are you doing here?” Eeek… cold.

                “I am here to collect my apology.” I stated, with a wider smile this time.

                “Apology?”

                “Yeah… You slapped my precious cheeks weeks ago.” I recalled for her, my smile never leaving her face. Some students gasp and muttered something about what I said again but I couldn’t care less. I wanted an answer from my destiny.

                “Why would I say sorry? What if your face gradually just in my hands way?” She asked back, in a colder tone this time. Yikes… No one told me how cold she can be.

                “Y-yeah well… I don’t even know the reason why you would swing your hand that way. And you seemed so mad. If I can’t get an apology for that… Then can I at least apologize? If I am really the one at fault?”

           She looked straight into my eyes before smacking me in the head. 

 

           Instead of whining or complaining though, I began to talk. Something.

 

                "Are you mad at me because I forget you? Does that mean you are so important to me?"

 

                She seemed to be taken back from my words. Well, I am not that stupid, if you know. If she’s mad at me over something, then I probably have to apologize for that something. Right?

                She didn’t give any response as she sauntered away, and walked passed me. I turned my heels and faced her disappearing figure and sigh. I didn’t even know what has gotten at me that moment. It’s probably my fault but… Why do I even really want to hear her voice at least?

 

                Ahh crazy. Yep. That’s the only reason. I’m crazy for thinking of this girl as my destiny. I didn’t even know when I started calling her that. It was all Solar’s fault. Yep. It was that girl’s fault. She has to be paid for this.

                Just then I felt someone’s presence beside of me. I didn’t have to think of who it was. I know it was her anyway.

                “Seems like your destiny just rejected you.” She observed, before flashing me a smirk that I whined at.

                “Pffft… I am not giving up though. Watch me. I always get the people I want. I’m gonna have her. Just wait and see.”

 

                She just shook her head in the process, “Is she one of your toys now, then?”

                I didn’t answer her. For once. Not because I really consider Son Naeun as that. It is because I never considered her as that when I always do with other girls.

                If there’s one thing I know, I guess I don’t want to see that weeping face of Son Naeun when I get to hurt her, like how I did with my past playthings.

                Well I did get my karma for that. And this time, somehow I wanted to make things better, and right at least.

               

                “Solar unnie…” I called out and faced her, “How about let’s go and grab some drinks before going home?”

                She nodded her head in agreement, “Just the two of us?”

                I nodded.

                “Great. I like it.”

 

That night, I wrote another notebook entry. Although I am thinking what am I really trying to achieve with this writing of mine.

 

                Hey Stupid Notebook,

Today I met her again, Son Naeun. Damn, she was so pretty with those earphones on.  Yep. I know I seem like a creep but hear me out.

Do you think I am beginning to like her genuinely? I don’t know. I mean, I am sure about liking Key

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter