Prologue

Hey Notebook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey Notebook

Prologue

 

Jung Eunji

                When thinking of destiny, I get to remember the Korean dramas I’ve watched when I was younger. I barely remember it actually. In fact, I can’t recall everything from my past. But I guess I still get the gist of those Korean dramas. In those shows they say that someone is your destiny when they were able to fill up all the signs you’ve set up for them. Actually I am still thinking what is the difference of destiny and soul mates and fate. On one hand, I think they were all the same. On the other, it says the complete opposite.

                However, I think I do have a definition for destiny.

                What is destiny? Destiny is when she suddenly showed up and crossed out your signs one by one, effortlessly, as if she was meant to be there in the first place. That day was the first time I’ve seen her and she literally stunned me by her presence.

                She was so beautiful. No, unlike the people around me saying that she’s beautiful physically, mine is a different case. She was beautiful… and I still don’t get what made me say that.

                I am twenty years old back then and was in my second year in pre-med. I guess you could say a part of me really is childish for those stupid signs but hey I didn’t put it up for myself. My friends pushed me to have it. When I still am thinking the point of all the signs, it came true, right in front of me.

                Besides, that day was my official first day in my new university back in Seoul. It felt different, but strangely familiar. This reminds me, it has been four years since I’ve actually stepped on that place the last time… I’ve tried recalling the past memories but it was still blurry for me. All I remembered was one thing. That my high school days were enchanting.

                There’s something missing though. I don’t know what is.

                “Hey Eunji! Have you ever set up signs for your soul mate before?” My friend whom I’ve dragged back in Seoul, Mick, asked fluently in Korean. I just shrugged before shaking my head in all honesty.

                “Ehhh????” My other friend, Solar, reacted as if I’m stupid, “You should do one! I have one and Mick has one too! Do one so that when the signs get completed, it means you have to get yourself in a relationship!!!”

                Giving in to their words was normal for me. Knowing how annoying they could get, I easily found myself getting a piece of paper and writing up stuff that randomly popped up on my mind. I passed it to them after writing and they read it out loud, in surprise.

                “One, he’s wearing a pink varsity jacket despite the hot weather. Two, he will hold my wrist and turn me around when we get to meet in the hallways or pedestrian lanes or whatever. Third, at that time, it should rain---- Yah Jung Eunji! You call this signs?! This—this—How boring can you be?!” They complained at the same time. I just giggled in their reactions, gathering up my stuffs and preparing to leave. “Whatever you say. I’ll be going ahead now. I’ll see you when I’ll see you?”

 

They just nodded their head before letting me off. At that time, I didn’t know that destiny could be real.

 

That day wasn't well supposedly the best day of my life. In fact, I thought it was worse. I was deeply frustrated about moving back here because I wanted to stay back in Italy and finish my pre-med there. However, it seems like fate hates me and my dad decided to throw me back here in Seoul. Gladly I was able to drag my friends to. I was beyond sad because I have to leave a special friend back in Italy though. He was almost my boyfriend... but then that happened and then we didn't happen. 

 

I don't even have the chance to say I love him when he turned his back on me and didn't let me explain.

 

Well, that was my past love... And then fate started messing my life.

 

I never believed in fate and destiny. Maybe not that much... 

 

I just proved it that moment when I w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter