Chapter 2

Hey Notebook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey Notebook!

Chapter 2

 

Yoon Bomi

                Destiny… It has been years since then, and I am no longer that kid who defines what a word is, what love is. Yes, it has been years since then, and I was left to ponder on that question from some time. Back then, I asked myself that question. What is love? Does it even matter? I guess not. Instead, I started asking this instead. What is destiny? Some said that it was the ending of a fairytale. They said it was that repeating formula where the prince will come and save the girl.

                I’m not the prince in her story. And she was not the princess in mine.

                But destiny does not limit on the same formula over and over again right?

               

                I sat by the bench spread out in the university of Son Naeun. With a cup of coffee in her hand, Naeun sat beside me. The once filled with comfort and laughter atmosphere we had was now filled with emptiness and distance. We weren’t those high school students in junior high anymore. We were not that once innocent people who felt first loves and first heartbreaks. We were more mature than that.

                At least that is what we want to believe in.

 

                “Why are you here?” Naeun asked me due to the silence that is getting on her. “Didn’t you say that you hated this school?”

                I nodded my head in agreement, but still stayed rooted in the ground.

                “You want to see her? She’s in the other building, you know?”

                “I know…”

                Naeun shook her head, as if she finally sees me as someone silly and stupid. “You literally are still hopeless after all.”

 

                For the past years, a lot has happened. Well, not exactly. It was just like we started drifting away from each other and the once open doors were now miles apart. It’s hard reaching out for them, for her…

Just then, the rain started pouring droplet by droplet. I stared at the pouring rain and sighed. We stayed seated in the bench, Naeun holding an umbrella above us so we won’t get wet. It didn’t help that much though as the water started seeping in her dress.

                “Bomi-ssi, let’s go. You are gonna get si---“

                “I love you…” I helplessly said out. She might’ve assumed that I am insane but instead of saying anything, she just planted a soft kiss on my cheek.

                “I know. Bomi unnie, I know you do.”

 

                And just like that, the tears I’ve held unto for the past four years started trickling down my cheeks. Just like that, I’m being that innocent little kid once again.

               

                After some time, I’ve calmed down. Not too long for Naeun just said the second heartbreak I’ve heard from that day.

                “Eunji’s back, by the way. That Jung Eunji your Park Chorong used to like.”

 

I didn’t know what to feel that moment.

 

Jung Eunji

                What is destiny? Hmmm… I guess it is like a conflict in an old love story. Love stories before used to have happy endings, and ending that is pure and complete. It is the conflict, because you’ll keep wondering from the start if it’s real and how to get through it, that you forget you should just follow your heart since it could lead you to the place you are gonna be in.

                It has been a while since I get to see Naeun. And it even took that single afternoon for me to witness her. To be honest, I’ve been keeping tabs on her, with the help of her classmates and all. And yep, I know all about his fan boys, specifically that Kim Jongin.

                Ah… Why does she have to be such a beauty, by the way?

                So back to the topic, I’ve witnessed her that afternoon, in that afternoon rain, with this other girl in the benches spread outside our building. I just stayed hidden beside a tree, just looking at them from a far. I could see that they used to be close, basing it to the fact that the atmosphere around them is heavy and awkward to look at. And the moment they started speaking, there is a sense of seriousness and coldness in it, but at the same time you can see the familiarity between the two of them.

                What shocked me the most was when Naeun pecked that girl’s cheek. Is that girl her ex-girlfriend? I dunno. But I guess, they seem to have that kind of a relationship.

                It disheartened me somehow.  Of course, seeing your crush kiss someone might get you some broken feelings of some sort. Still, something is strangely keeping me going.

               

                “Eunji-ah?” I turned my head that moment to meet Solar unnie, smiling at me with that gorgeous face of her. “What are you doing here? It’s raining…” she was holding a purple umbrella at that time, giving me a questioning look.

                I giggled at her cute look before walking closer to her and being under her umbrella. I am wearing a raincoat that moment anyway so I was not that wet. And for your information, it is a Pikachu raincoat ^^

                “You should not walk in the rain too. It’ll get you sick.” I mumbled before taking a cap off my bag and placing it above her head. “I can’t let my best friend get sick so you better take care of yourself, got it?”

                I saw a faint glint on her cheeks which is usual from her. She easily gets

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter