He's gone

Finding Him

2 weeks had past since that day at the school, and the friends had grown closer once again.

Especially Xiumin and Luhan. The two spent lots of time with each other much like in the past, and you couldn't find the one without the other. Sehun finally was able to eat his sandwich. It was a good 2 weeks.

But as they saying goes “what goes up must go down.”

One day on a rainy friday, Xiumin didn't show up to school. At first everyone thought he was just late, but by lunch and he still hadn't shown up they began to grow worried.

Everyone who had his number texted and called him non-stop, only to receive no response.

The group  got together in a small cafe near the school, to converse on where their friend could be.

“He would have texted one of us if he wasn't going to go to school. Simple.” Suho said, biting his lip.

Baekhyun nodded, “He would. So the question is, where is he?”

Luhan stood up, bringing all attention to him, “Here's what we need to do. Look at all the places he can be found,like  his house.”

“What about his walk to school? He goes through a forest!”

Luhan nodded, “Where else?”

Do spoke up, “He stops at a small cafe near the school every morning to get a coffee. That's it.”

“Ok, Do, Kai, Lay and Suho go to the cafe. Kris, Tao, Sehun and Chen go to his house. Chanyeol, Baekhyun you’ll both come with to the forest. Let's go.”

 


 

The forest was large, but lucky for them Baekhyun knew which path Xiumin took everyday. The boys walked down the trail, looking for anything.

About halfway in the middle of the trail, Luhan spotted something sticking up from the dirt.

He bent to pick it up, air trapped in his throat as he picked up a familiar phone. The screen was cracked, but it still worked as the screen lit up once Luhan hit the home button.

“That's Xiumin's phone.” Baekhyun said eyes widening.

Luhan held the phone tightly in his hand before placing it in his jacket.

“Hey Luhan come here! You need to see this!”

Luhan made his way over to Chanyeol who was standing by a tree. “The ground around the tree is all moved around, not to mention it's broken in many places like someone was thrown into it.”

Luhan clenched his hand, “We need to go to the others. Come on Baekhyun, we’re going back.” But Baekhyun didn't respond. “Baekhyun?”

Chanyeol and Luhan looked around, but their was no sign of the boy.

Chanyeol looked at Luhan in fear, “Luhan you don't think that whoever got Xiumin has him to, do you?”

Luhan opened his mouth to respond but before he could a phone started to ring. Both boys looked at Luhan's pocket, where he had placed Xiumin's phone. Slowly, Luhan reached into his pocket to pick up the phone.

The callers name was Baekie making Luhan frown, “It's Baekhyun.” He answered the phone before placing it on speaker. “Hello?”

“Hello Luhan dear.” both boys felt their blood run cold at the woman's voice. It was soft and sweet sounding, but both boys knew the person behind it was nothing of the sort.

“What do you want? What have you done to Baekhyun?!” Chanyeol yelled at the phone, glaring at it.

The woman laughed, “Nothing yet sweetie. But I must say he is a cutie, just like the other one. Maybe I’ll have some fun with him as well.”

“You wouldn't dare touch him you !” Chanyeol shouted at the same time Luhan asked, “What have you done to Xiumin?!”

“Protective much? And to the other boy, Xiumin was his name? Well let's just say he put up too much of a fight. So we had to show him who’s in power.”

“What did you do!” Luhan demanded, tightening his hold on the phone.

“I must say Luhan, you know how to pick them. Xiumin’s so cute! And he’s just my type. Not to mention he’s strong. Very strong. It took 5 of my strongest men to hold him down. That Baekhyun is strong as well. Took 4 to hold him still while another put the needle in him.”

“You ! What do you want?”

“Simple. Revenge. You destroyed the things I loved, so now I’m just returning the favor. Don't worry, I’ll give you a chance to save them. But I can't promise they’ll come back unharmed or even alive. IT all depends on how you play the game.”

“What game?” Chanyeol asked.

“My game. I’ll give you little tasks you have to complete. After their done, you'll get a clue to one of the six’s whereabouts.”

“Wait you said six?”

“Oh yes. I must say, I wasn't expecting to retrive 2 of my pawns in one night but I couldn't let the opportunity fall out. SO I told my people to grab little Baekhyun while you two were distracted.”

“How do we even know if they’re still alive. For all we know they could be…” Luhan couldnt say it. He didn't want to.  

“You want proof? Fine.” The line went fuzzy as the phone was given to someone else.

“Hello?” A small terrified voice filled the air and Chanyeol swore.

“Baek? It is that you?”

“Its me. Oh Chanyeol I'm sorry I got caught!” Chanyeol felt tears in his eyes as he heard his ex-best friend start to cry.

“Baek it’s ok, it wasn't your fault, now Baek is Xiumin with you?”

The cries turned into sobs, “Y-yeah but he's not m-moving. And-d theres a l-lot of b-blood. Channie, he’s really h-hurt.” Luhan tightened his fist into a ball.

“Baek is he breathing?”

“Y-yeah.”

“Good, now can you tell us anything on where you are?”

“We’re-” the line was cut off with a large scream that obviously came from Baekhyun.

“Baek? Can you hear me? Don't hurt him!” Chanyeol called into the speaker.

The woman’s voice came back, “I’ll be sending clues soon sweeties. Bye-bye.”

The line went dead and both boy stared at the phone with blank faces.

Finally Luhan spoke up, “We need to go to the others. Now.”

 

Not far away, a small camera zoomed in on the two boys.

On the other side was a woman, staring at the screen that held the scene before her. Before her, at  her feet, was 2 small bodies of 2 teenage boys.

One was by far more hurt than the other, with having blood flowing from a cut on his head while the other boy only had a bruise forming.

“89, bring the experiments to cell number b-0. Tests shall start once experiment 45 wakes up.”

A taller man with no emotion in his pale eyes walked forwards and picked up both boys without a care or struggle and brought them out of the room.

The woman smiled at the screen before her once more before standing and walking into the long dark hallway lined with bars.

She stopped at one with a young girl inside it, the girl huddling in the corner.

“Hello experiment 160. Time for your tests.” the woman smiled at the girl who looked at her in terror.

As the cell door opened and the woman grew closer and closer to the girl a scream filled with agony filled the cool night air.