열넷: Together?¿

Boom, Boom, Boom (공닥, 공닥, 공닥)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's POV

​            An older man stood from afar and lowered a pair of binoculars. He too pressed on his bluetooth headset and replied saying, “Good.”

​            He headed towards the pacing girl, passing the binoculars off to one of his bodyguards. He signaled for them to be on standby from a distance. When he was in talking distance, he cleared his throat. “Let's talk.”

​            Amber was in the middle of bowing to him and awkwardly showed him the way to a nearby bench. There was an awkward silence for a few minutes, so she decided to speak up. “So.. What was it you wanted to t-talk about, s-... How should I address you? A-abeoni-” Krystal's dad cut Amber off and cleared his throat.

​            “Mr. Jung will do,” he said. Before Amber could say anything else, he cut to the chase. “Listen.. I'm not gonna waste anymore time. I don't want you hanging around my daughter. She's.. Changed.. Because of you... I don't know how and why and I don't want to know. Just stop whatever it is you have going on with her. I previously asked her to do the same, but I don't think she will listen, so I hope you will. Maybe I'll dislike you less if you do. I'll also give you a week...”

​            He stood up and was about to leave. Amber stood up, too, and asked, “O-or what..? What if.. What if your daughter is happy being with me? Don't you want her to be ha-”

​            “Don't push it.” And with that, he was on his way.

​            Amber plopped back down onto the bench, lost in her own thoughts. “Eotteoghae..?” She whispered to herself. She sighed and leaned over with her elbows on her knees, hands covering her face. She snapped out of it and got up and slowly walked towards the swings. Suddenly a pair of arms wrapped around her waist and pulled her in for a back hug.

 

FLASHBACK (YESTERDAY (Krystal's POV))

​            Amber told me that the phone call was from her dad, but I could tell she was lying. I think I've gotten pretty good with reading people's expressions, especially after figuring out my feelings for Amber. Plus, she's been acting weird all day and sent the members to take me home very rushingly.. Something must've happened. I've already told the members about everything that's happened every chance I got (a.k.a. whenever Amber wasn't around). They were all shocked that my dad would say something like that and told me that they would be here for me and Amber no matter what. When we got into the van, I called Jessica and spoke in English so our manager can't understand. Ring~, ring~.

​            “Yeoboseyo? Krystal?”

​            “Eonni! How's the situation at home?”

​            “You owe me one! I got everything under control – I am a slick person, you know.”

​            “Pfft. Whatever, Jessica. I'll be home soon. Are they still there?”

​            “Well, yeah. They're staying for a couple of days... I told them that you went out early for a schedule, so you don't need to sneak back in.”

​            “Okay. Thanks, eonni! See you soon..”

​            “Mhm. Bye.”

​            I was about to hang up when I heard Jessica's voice shouting from the phone.

​            “Wait, Krystal!”

​            I brought the phone up to my ear again. “What's up?”

​            “I have something to tell you... I'll come to your room after Mom and Dad are asleep.”

​            “Um.. Okay.”

​            With that, I hung up. I wonder what she has to say...

​            Within 25 minutes, we were already at my house.. I honestly wanted to be with Amber or at least with the members.. Of course I want to be with Jessica-eonni, too, but our parents are here... And after what happened yesterday, it'll be liking walking on thin ice whenever I'm around them. I quickly hugged the members goodbye and headed to the front door. I reached for the keys that were in the back pocket of my jeans, but the door unlocked and swung open. It was Dad.. I just awkwardly bowed to him and headed in, greeting Mom and Jessica-eonni. Before I got to the stairs, Dad spoke up.

​            “You're wearing the same clothes..?”

​            I looked down. . I forgot that I snuck out without bringing anything with me. Am I gonna get caught?

​            “Y-yeah, so? I didn't feel like changing.”

“Yeah, she was running late this morning!” Jessica shouted from the kitchen. She winked at me. Thanks, eonni.

​            He just gave us a look and went to sit down on the couch. He grabbed the newspapers and said, “Come down after you're done with whatever. Your sister made dinner.”

​            I just gave him an “mmm” and headed upstairs.

.................................​.................................​.................................​.................................​.................................​.................................​.................................​...........................................

​            I was getting ready for bed when I heard my bedroom door creak open. Jessica stealthily entered the room and closed the door behind her.

​            “Okay, they're asleep now.”

​            I sat down on the edge of m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter