열둘: Appa and Eomma

Boom, Boom, Boom (공닥, 공닥, 공닥)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            Hey, guys~ Sorry for not updating yesterday! To make it up, here's another long chapter!! I might not be able to update again tomorrow.. Mianhae~

I hope you guys enjoy. This chapter was a bit rushed.. :s Good night!

 

Author-nim

 

Jessica's POV

            I was laying on my bed, staring at the blank ceiling. Ahh, eotteohge.. Amber and Krystal have been pretty quiet. I told Krystal not to “mess around,” but I think she actually took it seriously. I was only kidding. I mean, I didn't really care.. I grabbed my phone and unlocked it. 8:02 PM.. Time sure is crawling. I wonder how Dad and Mom are doing. They live a few hours away from here. Honestly, Soojung and I aren't very close to them.. Dad's a total workaholic, which is understandable since he's the CEO of some company I already forgot about. But still, he puts his company before his family most of the time.. It's not that we're ungrateful or anything, but he's kind of a jerk. He's still our dad, though... His excuse is always the same: “If it weren't for my position, you guys wouldn't have what you have or be what you are today!” *Sigh*

            Mom just wants to be the nutural one. She hates getting into arguments, especially with Dad. So she's either always on his side or neither. I was composing a text to Mom when my phone started ringing. You better run run run run run

Dad was calling. That's a first.. I picked up. “Appa? Hi~”

“Mm.. Are you at home?” He replied. Dad never really says hi or anything like that...

“Ne. Wae..?” I said. Don't tell me he's gon-

“Your mom and I are outside. Open the door.” , , . I got up and ran downstairs.

“Wait, Dad.. I-” I heard Mom's faint voice over the phone. “Ah, they still keep the spare key under the mat.” Oh, my God.

            I started running even faster. I was halfway down the stairs when I heard the door unlocking. I was gonna call out for Amber and Krystal, but I was too late...

“What.. The.. Hell...” He dropped his bags.

 

Author's POV

            Amber and Krystal got up from the couch. The older girl looked back and forth at the two older folks and the girl she had just kissed and confessed to. Amber weakly lifted a finger and pointed to the man. “Your a-appa?” She asked. Krystal nodded. 

            Amber got her crutches and made her way to them and bowed 90°, extending a hand to them. Mrs. Jung hesitantly reached out to Amber, but Mr. Jung intervined and slapped Amber's hand out of the way. Amber held her hand in pain and looked up, confused. The younger girl ran over to them and pulled Amber back. “Get your dirty hand away from me and my wife. And you, Soojung, let go of her right now!” He shouted. Amber was still confused. 

            Since Amber lost her memories of Krystal, she knew nothing about her. Not even her parents. Krystal never mentioned them, either. She had only mentioned Jessica. Krystal had her hand intertwined with Amber's. The older girl let go and gently pulled Krystal beside her, but slightly behind her. Jessica was still by the stairs, frozen. The younger girl stepped forward. “A-Appa.. What are you doing here all of the sudd-” Her dad cut her off. 

“We're here to visit you and Jessica! Aren't we family? Now what the hell did I just see? Why were you alone with this.. This dyke?!” His words cut Amber's heart like a katana..

“Dad.. I.. I'm in love with Amber and you can't sto-” There was a loud slap.

            Amber saw it coming and dropped her crutches to the ground, hopping in front of Krystal. Pap! The older girl fell to one knee and held her hand to her face. Everyone's eyes widened. Jessica finally ran to them and assisted Krystal with Amber. “Dad, what the hell!” Jessica shouted while reaching for Amber crutches. 

“Get out of this house right now.” Mr. Jung scowled. Amber got up and adjusted herself on the crutches.

            She looked at Jessica and Krystal for guidance. They both nodded. Krystal managed to whisper out, “I'll call you.. I'll.. We'll be fine, don't worry.” She faked a smile. Amber weakly made her way out the door, Mr. Jung's eyes fixed on her back. The second she step foot outside the front door, the door was slammed shut.

 

Krystal's POV

            I watched Amber slowly make her way out.. I was scared, but I'm not gonna deny my feelings towards Amber... I looked at Jessica. I can tell she's scared, too, but she was being strong.. For me. She reached over and rubbed my shoulder, mouthing, “It's gonna be okay.” I sighed and Dad turned to face us again.

“Let's sit. We need to talk. Now.” We all made our way to the couch. I plopped down next to Jessica-eonni while Mom and Dad sat parallel to us.

            He cleared his throat and began to talk out of his of a mouth. “I knew it would be a bad idea to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter