Fall

Xiuhan Drabbles

title: Fall
rating: PG
pairing: luhan/xiumin
word count: 442
Prompt link: Prompt #9
Jump.

 

"If not now, when?"

 

 

❊❊❊

 

 

 

"If not now, when?" Lu Han asked. "We don't have an eternity."

 

Minseok knew. He knew that—but he was still scared. Up here, where he could feel the harsh wind tugging at his body and tousling his hair, the fear sank into his bones and clung like teeth. His palms were sweating, but his fingers were ice cold.

 

He looked at Lu Han nervously.

 

"Don't worry." The taller male said with a sweet smile. He held out his hand, which Minseok gratefully took. "It'll be the best moment ever."

 

Lu Han took a step forward, his grip pulling Minseok, but the smaller man tugged back, his feet refusing to move. The younger was patient though, and turned to look at Minseok—waiting, watching.

 

"Do you promise?"

 

Lu Han nodded.

 

"I promise. After this, we'll always be together." He said with a grin.

 

Minseok smiled and slapped the other's arm.

 

"Stop messing around." He took a breath, squeezing Lu Han's hand a bit more. "Okay... okay." He stepped towards the edge, his toes nearly dangling.

 

"Are you ready?"

 

Minseok nodded.

 

On a count that neither needed to voice, they jumped from the ledge. The wind was rushing past Minseok's body, and his heart thudded against his ribcage faster than the brunette had ever felt before.

 

He was scared—until he heard a joyful shout of laughter beside him. He turned to look at Lu Han, seeing the younger smiling and screaming in joy—like he was on a roller coaster. Behind him, the sun was just beginning to set, casting bright golden hues that melted into orange and pink, the darkening sky a beautiful lilac. Their hands were still connected, and suddenly, Minseok wasn't scared anymore.

 

They were flying, feeling the air of the Earth rushing past their finger tips. Minseok laughed too, closing his eyes just to take a moment and enjoy it all, only to open them again just so he could take in how beautiful it all was.

 

The world never looked so beautiful, and Minseok had never felt so free. With Lu Han beside him, they were unstoppable. The waves glittered prettily under the sunlight, the ocean a dazzling mix of black and sunset glow. What once was intimidating and cold wind was now a comforting breeze, caressing Minseok's cheeks and running through his hair like a comforting hand, lifting from under his and Lu Han's body and making them soar.

 

He squeezed Lu Han's hand, grabbing at air. He whipped his head to the side again. Only the sunset greeted him back, shining as brightly and beautifully as before.

 

Lu Han was gone.

 

He was never there.

 

Minseok hit the water.

 

 

 

 

❊❊❊