Unintentional Incidents

Xiuhan Drabbles

title: Unintentional Incidents
rating: G
pairing: luhan/xiumin
word count: 861
Prompt link: Prompt #4
Lu Han has a penchant for waking up in strange places.

 

 

 

“I’m trying not to be so antisocial

Truth be told, I’m not entirely hopeful

I’ve woken up on one too many floors

But my favorite was yours”

–The Lucksmiths, “There Is A Boy That Never Goes Out”

 

 

 

❊❊❊

 

 

"You're disgusting."

 

"I know..."

 

"How many times has this been already?"

 

"Eight..."

 

"One too many."

 

"I'm sorry..."

 

"I still don't even know how you get into my house every time. I lock my doors, my windows are closed, I don't think anyone else has the key."

 

"... Yeah, I'm not too sure either."

 

Minseok huffed as he crossed his arms. He was standing over a strange man lying on his living room floor—a man who had ended up there eight times over the course of the month. Minseok wasn't even sure how he did it either. He just sort of ended up there.

 

After the first three times, he learned the perpetually drunk and hungover man's name was Lu Han, a fellow college student who was the same grade as Minseok, and happened to live in the same apartment complex just a few doors down.

 

His room was on the same floor, and yet, somehow, Lu Han kept finding himself waking up in Kim Minseok's living room with absolutely zero recollection of how he got there in the first place.

 

"I hope you never have this kind of house-breaking potential when you're sober because I'm not too sure if that kind of skill set is valuable in daily life." Minseok commented as he rolled his eyes. He moved to get a glass of water for the groaning man. "At least you haven't stolen anything yet."

 

"I'm sorry..." Lu Han mumbled as he squeezed his eyes shut, holding his head as sat up. His world was swaying and he felt like he was going to vomit all over Minseok's impeccably clean carpet. "I really don't know how or why I do it every time, I just—"

 

Minseok returns with the glass of water and two pills. Lu Han accepts them gratefully and swallows them in one go, guzzling down the water like he had never been hydrated once in his life.

 

"I know, you've told me. You just end up here. You end up here drunk and smelling like liquor and weed and caressing my carpet like it's the best thing you've ever felt."

 

"Well, it is really soft." Lu Han said with a weak smile as he ran his hand back and forth over the floor for emphasis. That made Minseok roll his eyes again.

 

"Get your gross off my carpet and jump in the shower. You can borrow my clothes—as long as you don't complain they're too small again."

 

"Are you going to make food?"

 

"Yeah—sure, why not. Just hurry up and get cleaned."

 

Minseok didn't always do this. He had nearly strangled Lu Han the first time he had found him on his living room floor before he finally stopped to listen to Lu Han's side of the story. It all sounded like one big fat lie—until Lu Han kept showing up. Minseok took pity on his lost and apologetic expression—well, mostly because Lu Han nearly threw up once and that was just absolutely unacceptable.

 

So the brunette reluctantly accepted his role as Lu Han's post-party caretaker. It was a bit of a pain, but he had to admit, it was kind of amusing at the same time.

 

As long as Lu Han didn't do anything stupid, he could be something considered a once-in-a-while friend. Even after 8 times became 10, which spilled into the next month and became 15, and then 17. Lu Han had a penchant for waking up in strange places, but on days that it was Minseok's apartment, he couldn't help but smile and know he would be safe.

 

When Minseok awoke one night to the sound of footsteps and rustling, he sleepily assumed it was Lu Han, having yet again somehow found his way into the brunette's home against all odds. He snuggled against his sheets, decidedly leaving it alone to deal with in the morning, when he felt the other side of the bed dip.

 

He froze, unsure if it was just his imagination, a dream, a hallucination, or there was really an intruder in his room.

 

Minseok nearly screamed when he felt cold hands circle over his waist, and jolted to spring into action when a slurred voice spoke his name. He paused, eyes furrowed, before turning his head to look behind him.

 

"Lu Han?"

 

"Minseok... 'm cold." The drunken man mumbled as he curled around Minseok's body, hugging the smaller man tightly—uncomfortably tight in Minseok's opinion.

 

"Lu Han—seriously, what are you doing—get out." The brunette huffed in exasperation as he turned back around, trying to ignore the drunk.

 

"Miiinseok," The younger man whined. "I really like you, y'know? You're so nice, so warm, and you've only hit me twice."

 

Minseok nearly snorted. "That's because you broke into my house."

 

"I know... I know, 'm sorry." Lu Han hugged tighter. "I'm sorry..."

 

"It's fine Lu, just—"

 

"Thanks for taking care of me all the time." The man mumbled. Minseok sighed, adjusting his head on the pillow and closing his eyes once more. He didn't move to push the other away.

 

"You're disgusting."

 

Lu Han pushed his face against Minseok's neck and breathed, taking in the other man's relaxing scent.

 

"I know."

 

 

❊❊❊