Remember?

Xiuhan Drabbles

title: Remember?
rating: PG
pairing: luhan/xiumin
word count: 464
Prompt link: Prompt #6
Lu Han was wrong about a lot of things

 

 

"Dead wrong"

 

 

❊❊❊

 

 

 

Minseok remembers a lot of things in his past. He remembers friends, family, the people he admired—but probably the most prevalent person he remembers out of all of them is a certain energetic Chinese man who laughs with all of his face, smiles like the world is precious, and whose eyes twinkle like they could hold a galaxy.

 

The one thing Minseok probably remembers most about the funny man is that he had a tendency to be wrong about things, especially when it concerned Minseok.

 

When they first meet, he thinks Minseok hates his guts. The next three times their group of friends meet up, he acts shy and awkward around the older man and it's Minseok who approaches the Chinese man and confronts him about his odd behavior. And it's Minseok who admits that he finds Lu Han super hot.

 

Lu Han had been wrong about that.

 

13 dates later that consisted of a lot of coffee and a lot of hesitant touches, Lu Han thinks they are going to take it slow—that Minseok wants him to do that. It takes the elder shoving Lu Han down onto his bed and climbing on top of him to show how wrong he was. Just to prove his point, he kisses Lu Han breathless as they throw their clothes off haphazardly, and Lu Han isn't hesitating anymore.

 

Lu Han is wrong about many more things—about how they would live together, whether taking a vacation overseas would be worth it or not, if Minseok thought he was annoying after dating him for four years. He's always wrong on all accounts, but Minseok doesn't mind. He finds how worried Lu Han can get about the weirdest things endearing.

 

Even not too long ago, Minseok remembers how Lu Han thought his wedding plans had gone horribly. With the rain and the dinner reservations cancelled because some millionaire decided to book the entire restaurant, he had been certain it was a flop—but when Lu Han had shyly pulled out the ring from his drenched clothes and apologized for the crappy day, Minseok had only smiled. A bright, gummy smile full of teeth followed quickly by many kisses and a whispered yes.

 

Lu Han had been wrong even then.

 

And Minseok remembers, when he waved Lu Han goodbye at the airport. A kiss on each cheek, a tight hug, and a promise he would return safely after his business was completed. A laugh, telling Minseok not to worry and to continue teaching his dance studio and he'd be back before the elder even knew it.

 

"It's right next door—the chances of anything going wrong is slim to none. Stop being so silly, I'll be back safe and sound before you can even begin to miss me."

 

He had been wrong.

 

 

 

❊❊❊