Chapter 38

Letters from the Void
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung’s eyes went wide as he rushed as fast as he could, reaching out his hands in front of him. Using all his energy, he loosened his sister’s grip around the youngest’s neck. “Stop it, Kim Taehee!” Taehee fell back, looking at her hand with newfound fear and her whole body trembling.

“I- I-“ Her head was just a muddled mess, and she couldn’t think of anything right now. All that she knew was she wasn’t in her right mind, again. She was controlled, again. This thing was starting to get out of hand, and she’s scared that she would be able to hurt the people around her easily. She hugged her knees to her chest and buried her head in between her knees.

Sanha’s breathing was rapid as he slid down, sitting on the wet ground. He was trying to process what just happened, and he looked at Taehyung and Taehee one by one. He couldn’t guess what just happened, but he was sure that the Taehee that choked him wasn’t the Taehee he knew. Something was off. “Noona… what… just… happened?”

She was silent. At first, the two men thought that she was sitting still, but they realized her shoulders were moving as she was sobbing. Sanha looked at Taehyung for an explanation and he only shook his head slowly, indicating that he would explain later. For now, he needed to bring his sister back home. Silently, he carried his sister in his arms, with her burying her face in his chest. Sanha tagged along.

As they arrived at the apartment, Sanha helped to open the door while Taehyung carefully brought her sister through the door and to her bedroom. She was weak, and she didn’t even look him in the eyes and he lowered her down on the bed. Taehyung quietly closed the door behind him, and he saw Sanha sitting awkwardly on the sofa at the living room, clearly shaken up by the event.

“I’m sorry for what happened, she was-“ Taehyung stopped midway, thinking on whether it’s wise to tell him about his sister’s condition to another person. It was already out of control. He figured that Sanha had every right to know, so carefully, he laid out all her problems she had to face while hoping that he wouldn't be in too much shock.

Taehyung’s expectations were blown when Sanha started shouting in his face. “WHAT? She has been going through this yet you guys kept quiet about it?! Who else knows about this?”

Taehyung put a hand over his chest subtly, trying to hide the fact that he was shocked over Sanha’s sudden outburst. He’s still not used to the youngest vibrant way of expressing his feelings. “Well… Moon Bin knew about it because he saw her at the bridge. That’s about it.”

Sanha slapped his hand against his forehead. “You guys really need to stop keeping things to yourselves. Especially something as life threatening as this. Do you remember all the ruckus you made when you were the most wanted person in the country? When the rest of the restaurant members- except Moon Bin of course, had no idea what’s going on? Yeah, so do I!” Sanha started nagging, and Taehyung almost smiled at this. The youngest put his hands on his hips, trying to appear mad. Instead, he just looked like a cute child not getting what he wanted.

“Right, right. I’m sorry. But both of us were worried about Taehee and we thought that we could figure it out on ourselves. Though we did find out that it’s not as easy as we thought… and I kind of had a fight with the detective.”

Sanha raised his eyebrows. “We’re facing an important case and both of you decided that this is the right time to fight.”

“Well, it’s not like we chose to fight,” Taehyung shrugged.

“This is a serious matter!” Sanha almost shouted again, but toned it down when he realized Taehyung flinched when he started to speak. “Look, Taehee noona has been through a lot-“ he looked at Taehyung. “And I’m not blaming you, but she did go through a lot because of you. Now, when I thought I could see the two of them together, problems after problems rise up and… when do we stop having these problems? Because this is starting to feel like a drama which might end up having a sad ending.”

“Yah! Don’t say that. You know, you’re really starting to sound like a grandma nagging.”

“Ah, really?” Sanha’s hand flew to his mouth as he covered it. He grinned and shook his head. “Sorry, I get ahead of myself sometimes.”

“Forget that. T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter