Chapter 37

Letters from the Void
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“He left the country. He doesn’t intend on staying here, and we have no idea on when he’s coming back,” Sanha quietly started the conversation. The youngest had called her that day, saying that he had something important about Eunwoo to tell her. Ignoring her brother’s warning for her to stay inside at all times, she made her way to the park to find Sanha sitting on one of the benches, his head down. He stood up when he saw Taehee running up to him, her being slightly out of breath.

“What do you mean? How can you be so sure?” Taehee said in between of taking deep breaths.

“I saw… hyung…”

“At the airport?”

Sanha nodded. With that, Taehee sat next to him on the bench, her shoulders slumped.

“How could he…” Taehee was starting to feel tears running down her cheeks.

“Noona! I didn’t tell you this to make you cry…” Sanha was feeling guilty, and he started to look around for tissues, but had none on him. “Wait here, I’ll get some tissues for you.”

“You don’t have to.” She wiped the tears roughly using her sleeve and looked at the youngest straight in the eyes. “How did you know he was at the airport?”

“Actually…” Sanha fiddled with his fingers. “Hyung told me that he’s going away somewhere far on that day. I just happened to find him by accident, but even then I was too late. I couldn’t stop him. I’m sorry, noona.”

“You don’t have to apologize, Sanha. It’s never your fault.” She rustled his hair, regret filling her voice. “In fact, you guys were never supposed to be involved in all of this. My own brother, Kim Taehyung, Cha Eunwoo and now, Rocky’s gone… I’m the cause all of this mess.”

“Don’t say that! We were all fond of you, even MJ hyung…” Sanha’s voice trailed off as he realized what MJ did.

“How are you and Jin Jin doing?” Taehee tried changing the topic, to avoid the situation from getting too awkward.

“Ah, hyung is actually looking around for a new job. We’re getting short on money and we might not be able to pay rent. Now that’s MJ’s gone we have to pay more.” Sanha scratched his head.

“What about you?”

“After my parents found out about what happened they’re asking me to move back home. The reason they allowed me to stay on my own in the first place was because I had Jin Jin and MJ hyung to look after me. Now that they know about MJ hyung, they won’t allow me to stay on my own anymore.”

“Are you finding a new job, too?”

“I, uh, actually…” Sanha looked like he was troubled about the answer he was going to give. “I already have something planned out for me. By my parents.” When Taehee lifted up her eyebrows, claiming that she didn’t understand his answer fully, he whistled and continued in a very low tone, until Taehee had to lean towards him to listen better. “I’m working at my parent’s company.”

“You have your own company?!”

”SHHH, NOONA.” Sanha hit her playfully, and she laughed. Sanha smiled when he saw her laughing, giving relief to him, who was worried about her. “It’s not my company, but it’s my parents’. Anyway, it’s not like I’m getting a president or CEO post. According to them, I’d have to work from the bottom, to experience the true meaning of hard work. They might be rich, but I’m not. I just happen to be their only child, and that doesn’t mean they’re giving me a free ride. In fact, they ordered me to work as a janitor at the company first. Then I’ll have to climb up that ‘corporate ladder’ or whatever they call it.”

“So you’re interested in running the company?”

“It’s an entertainment company, and yes, I’m interested. Actually, I would be more interested if I could become one of the artistes, not the one managing them. I want to play the guitar and travel the world with it. Just me and my guitar.”

“You could go to an audition for another company.”

Sanha chuckled. “That would be an idea, but getting into another company means I’m becoming my own parents’ enemy. It would be weird competing with your parents’ company, right? I might knock my parents’ artistes off the charts and the next thing I know, I might be kicked out of the house.” Sanha winked at her.

“Then, you could just be under your own parents’ label then. Makes it easier. They won’t worry about you knocking their artistes off the charts, and they don’t have to worry about losing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter