Chapter 2

Sleepless Nights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chater 2 

 

The following days were just the same, small red blips keep on growing with the hours and the callers were the only lifeline Jaejoong held onto these lonesome days. Just like any other day, Lee Wangho, the program’s supporting partner of Jaejoong tapped onto the glass wall of Jaejoong’s cubicle to indicate that his airing hours will be starting in few minutes. Giving a warm smile to the old man, Jaejoong watched more and more red dots appear on the screen as the hands of clocks nearing 11pm. It was as if the listeners are tuning in to listen to his program. And his mind travelled back to the Sukira Kiss Program he participated in, with s getting caught up in a whirl of uncomfortableness under the filthy and uncontrollable mouth of Heechul.

And he treasured each minute of it.

He still remembered how he answered Yunho’s call in the middle of a recording and how he almost let his fans know about YunJae because of how Yunho answered him.

“my Jaejoongie ah”  and that was followed by his childlike laugh that made Jaejoong’s heart dance in happiness. And s quickly start rambling nonsense so whatever Yunho said would be covered from listeners’ ears. And when Jaejoong was smiling like a love struck fool, Heechul quickly snatched the phone from his hands and said to Yunho that they are in the middle of a recording session.

  Jaejoong smiled at the memory, even after all these years, he couldn’t let go of Yunho, and he wondered if Yunho still think of him. Like how he thinks of the man every day, every minute.

It was almost 1l pm and Lee Wangho, gave a thumbs up indicating that they will be starting in three..two.. one..

“Anneyonghaseyo my little stars.. How are you doing today. After a long time, I went out today, and after a very very long time, I noticed how beautiful the sky was. It made me think of this song and I really wanted to play this as the first song today, lets bring up the memories of old times.”

Jaejoong slowly lifted the lever up of his station and let the music take control of the memories. 

“Each time I meet you summer becomes new

We can now be born again

in the light summer dream

Kiss me while your wet skin is still hot

Touch me the feeling surges up

Because we’ve been waiting for this season,

move on we’ll find brightness

My body rustles and something seems to happen

Follow what you want and go to the place you believe”

It was right after filming the Summer Dream music video, and the five boys were back in the dorm after spending quite a number of hours under the sun. Yoochan, Changmin and Yunho has tanned that made Junsu and Jaejoong to whine in jealousy.

“how come you always get a nice tan under the sun and all I get blisters and red skin” Jaejoong dropped his bag to the floor and quickly bent down to remove his shoes.

“you have a sensitive skin Jae” Yunho’s voice was concerned. “Shall I get to some baby cream from the shop downstairs? I think you have spent the whole bottle within past two days”

Jaejoong smiled looking at his lovers concerned face. You will always take care of me like this right. Jaejoong’s eyes were full of love and Yunho almost leaned toward the boy to kiss him on lips.

“Hyung…” and the trance between the lovers were broke thanks to the voice of the youngest member.

“I was thinking of getting some beer from the shop downstairs, you guys want something?”

It was just like any other day at DBSK dorm, after a heavy day of work, five members enjoying some beer, sitting on the floor.

“I was thinking of going to the shop too” Yunho said with a smile.

“Really I thought you guys were going to get into some actions with all that eye ing you were doing”

“Yah” Jaejoong’s angry tone made Changmin smile the sneakiest smile while Yunho laughed at the two boys.

.

.

 With the end of the song, memories faded too, Jaejoong sighed knowing that he wont be able to have another beer with s again. Yoochan and Junsu, they were in their own busy lives, it was not that they didn’t contact Jaejoong, It was Jaejoong who actually limited the connections. Now other than the random calls getting from the two members to check up on Jaejoong, he couldn’t think about a time that he actually met them. Because the last time he met the two boys he realized that, beers didn’t taste the same, even with Yoochan and Junsu beside him, beers didn’t taste the same.  

“you all remember this song right, it was one of the songs that was so popular in Korea back then. I miss the old times, I miss old Kpop”

Jaejoong’s soft voice was filling the studio and Lee Wangho, raised his hand to indicate that he will be connecting another caller to Jaejoong’s line.

“we are getting our first call today my little stars” Jaejoong said the words while nodding at Wangho.

“Annyonghaseyo..” Jaejoong’s voice was as welcoming as ever.

It was from a little boy named Woo Bin, Jaejoong smiled listing to the ramble of the fourteen year old’s. who was worried over having too much schoolwork.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter