Chapter 3

Sleepless Nights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3

Jaejoong was silent for a while. Changdola’s words were echoing in his mind and he quickly shifted the lever of the sound system, allowing a song to be flow through.

“we are under the same sky hyung, breathing the same air”

.

.

“we are under the same sky hyung, breathing the same air”

Jaejoong’s heart was beating rather hard, this boy, this young caller sure stirs memories deep hidden in his heart. His fondest memories.

With the tap of his glass window, Jaejoong came back to his senses, Jaejoong looked at Wanho’s tired face and with a smile he bid his good bye to the listeners. Promising that tomorrow also, he will be meeting his night starts.

And the next day… or the day after… he did not get any call from the young boy named Changdola.

*

*

*
 

Days passed by and Jaejoong was getting slightly anxious now, he couldn’t recall a time that he really waited for one specific caller from the time he started the show.  

“Anneyong Wangho Hyung” he entered the small studio and dropped his backpack on a chair.

“Ooh Jaejoong ah, you are early today” Wangho’s wrinkled face beamed with happiness seeing the young man infront of him.    

“its Yongwoon Hyung, I am not Jaejoong anymore” his signature pout was back again. And in his heart, Jaejoong wondered if his fans still remembered him. Of course once in a while, some of the collars talk about DBSK and how similar his voice is to Jaejoong, but no one, no one has identified that he is indeed Jaejoong.

“I’m sure people still remember you Jaejoong ah, you are hard to forget” Wango smiled at the boy again.

“I wish hyung, but then again, I am using a pseudo name, its almost like I want them to forget who Jaejoong is”

“or maybe, maybe you don’t want them to forget you Jaejoong ah, maybe that’s why even with a different name you are still trying to connect to your fans. Its not like you are in this job for the money, am I wrong?”

“I don’t know hyung, I guess you are right too. I don’t really need money, I have enough to get by, Omma manage my accounts for me and I am not pressed for money anymore. I guess you have a point too hyung. Maybe I don’t want them to forget me.” 

“whatever the reason is Jaejoong ah, I am glad that you are here with me, I know the studio is small and our station was about to get closed and then you came and saved the station with your programme. You are my lucky star Jaejoong ah, and I am sure the listeners will agree with me too”

Jaejoong looked at the old man once more, the man who thought he was his lucky star, when for Jaejoong this was the man who gave him a chance, a chance to get connected what was once taken from him.

“Hyung.. you think so high of me.”

“well you deserve it young man, now tell me what are you planning on doing today? Do you have a theme for the day?”

“not really hyung, maybe you can tell me what you like”

“you are asking it from an old man, Jaejoong ah, your listeners are young, too young and might not have the same taste as me”

“most of our programme listeners are more mature than we think hyung” Jaejoong laughed remembering how insightful things that some listeners share.

“that is true” Wangho’s warm laughter filled the room with more sound. It felt nice, after a long to talk to someone who feels like home.

“Hyung you remember the boy with a different name, his name is not something common”

“who Jaejoong”

“that boy named Changdola”

“oh the one who makes you go silent when he talks?” Wanho was looking at Jaejoong in a playful manner.

“what do you mean hyung?” Jaejoong was surprised to hear this.

“the boy who calls you, when you are about the end the programme he calls you and I dunno why he always hang up before ending his lines. You always become more silent, more emotional every time he calls you”

“Hyung he only called us twice” Jaejoong said in defense.

“and you remembered his name too, didn’t you” Wangho was eying him playfully, almost like he’s teasing him.

“His name is not something you usually hear Hyung, maybe that is why I remembered his name”

“that could be too Jaejoong, anyways, at first, I thought the line got disconnected because of my fault, but seems like this young man hangs up the phone in the middle of the conversation”

“see, even you remember him” Jaejoong slowly picked up a bottle of water that was placed on the table.

“that is because both the time he called us, he hung up the line… and Jaejoong ah, he always called you when the programme is about to end”

“I noticed that too hyung”

“you think, he’s a liste

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter