#003: dance studio

the grey area
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hello, I will be joining to the dance club from today onwards, let's get along well!" Chan felt himself freeze at the familiar voice coming from the other end of the room before a mess of squeals followed. Chan didn't have to turn around to know who that voice belonged to. Instead, Chan to keep his back to where the older was, urging for Minghao to press him down harder.

"Um, Chan?"

"What is it, hyung?" Chan's voice came out muffled.

"Do you know the newcomer?" Minghao who had removed his hands from Chan's midback to let the younger to come up from the stretching position. Seeing the younger's gaze, Minghao gestured in the direction behind Chan, "He has been waving and pointing to you."

'That damn Platinum-' Chan forced a smile as a shook his head, "What do you mean, hyung? How would I-"

"Aaha! So this is the club you're in, Chan?" The bright voice made Chan groan quietly as he turned stiffly to see the blue haired male standing before him.

"Y-yea..." Chan could feel the growing number of gazes turned to focus upon himself and Soonyoung. And those gaze wasn't at all pleasant, in fact they made the younger's skin crawl.

Before the older could speak any further, the sound of the door opening saved Chan from the attention as their dance instructor walked in, "Alright, if you’re done with- Ah! I see Soonyoung is already here, he will be joining us from today onwards, treat him well alright?"

The uncoordinated choruses of 'yes's rang through the large room as Mr Chae walked across the room to place his things by the laptop, "Soonyoung-sshi, would you like to demonstrate your abilities at the present?"

"Sure," The response came quick as he straightened his back to look in the direction of the dance instructor. Chan watched as the blue haired male walked over to where the dance instructor stood, discussing some matters. It wasn't long before Soonyoung made his way to the middle of the room which had automatically cleared to make space.

The chattering died down as the the music set in, light beats accompanied by the clear sounds of the synthesiser. Seeing that everyone else even Minghao who had been helping him turn to give their attention to the center of the room, Chan begrudgingly turn to look at the male.

And the sight before Chan surprised him. Soonyoung’s style was very much different from what he had expected. Light steps accompanied by sharp and clean movements, his dance held an untouchable charisma which had instantly captivating many of them in a trance like state.

“What a splendid performance, Soonyoung-sshi!” Mr. Chae voice broke through the silence which settled over the room as the music came to an end. Blinking, Chan diverted his gaze away from the male, hands moving to add to the applause which filled the room. Soonyoung fitted right in as expected for a Platinum, even without the impressive skills, Chan was pretty sure that he would do just fine even as a newbie to the club.

“Alright! Seeing that ever

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter