#002: The Nurse Office

the grey area
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I don’t need it. The handkerchief. Your help either,” Chan dead-panned as the eyes which peaked over his knees stared the blue haired male a short distance away.

“Aren’t you a stubborn one?” The blue haired male chuckled as he shrugged off his blazer to pull the blazer gently over Chan’s shoulders causing the male to stiffen slightly at the gesture although he wouldn’t deny that he relished the warmth the blazer provided him with.

“What is your motive?” Chan asked, still wary of the male before him, still unable to believe in the genuinity of the kindness the Platinum had shown him since morning.

“Do I need a motive to help someone?” The blue haired male chuckled as he bent down to tug the black haired male onto his twos.

“Well in this school, you do. Or let me say that everyone does in this academy,” Chan muttered as hunched himself against the cold.

“Then, can’t I be the exception?”

“Why be the abnormal one-” Chan snorted at the words of the other, feeling a sense of bitterness grip him. He would do anything to blend into the crowd and here was this Platinum talking about being different.

“Phrasing it nicely, it’s called being unique,” The blue haired male shot him another smile as Chan begrudgingly followed the older towards the nurse office.

Seated on the bed in the nurse room, Chan watched as the blue haired male busied himself with the shelves, opening them to peer around before closing them to open another. The male soon returned with a small bottle of medicine and a roll of bandages, seeing that the younger wasn’t going to cooperate with him, the other skipped past trying to ask for permission but instead simply taking hold of the other’s wrist and with two firm tugs, the arm stopped resisting.

Chan chose to keep his eyes on the scenery outside the window, he could feel hissleeve being peeled from his arm, exposing the wound to the cool surrounding. Feeling the wet cloth meeting his already chilled skin, he could feel the mild sting from the water before something dry and soft was gently dabbed over, taking away the wetness against his skin.

“Alright...” Chan heard the voice again before the sound of rummaging and the popping of a bottle cap, “This may hurt.” The scrap was given no time to response when a stiff material was pressed firmly against his wound, the sting jumped at him scarily, making the black haired male press his lips together, eyes trained hard on the trees and open fields beyond the window. A small whiff of the liquid which was used on his wound made the second year pull a face, alcohol. As much as the doctors claimed that the volatile liquid helped to disinfect wounds, Chan would rather walk around bleeding than to have his wound disinfected and treated.

When the cotton dab was removed from his skin, Chan felt a sigh of relief escaped his lips, his stiff posture relaxing as he leaned back onto his backrest. Orbs sliding to the corner to take a peek at his arm, he spied the dried red being wiped cleanly off, leaving a pinkish slash down his skin. The Platinum didn’t do as badly as he expected to.

Chan took back his words, the Platinum big time in bandaging. Chan watched a the confused blue haired male

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter