#000: How it all began

the grey area
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He could hear his heart palpitating in his chest, his breathing had long turned in short uneven gasps. Travelling rapidly down the flight of stairs, his orbs darted around, scanning the vicinity, searching for the object in mind.

His footsteps came to a sudden halt as his gaze landed upon a card held up nicely between the tall window. Moving closer, Chan's heels lifted off the ground as he stretched out his arms, in a desperate attempt to bring the card down. The tiny brush of his fingertips against the rounded edge of the card was enough to send the thin paper fluttering to the floor.

Squating down, the male quickly picked the card, flipping it over, his heart pumping, mind praying. The sight of the nine red hearts pressed on the paper made the the second year release a sigh of relief.

He was safe-

"Heh... What is this?" The question rang from behind as Chan felt the card plucked from his sweaty grasp.

Turning around with his protest at the edge of his tongue, the male stopped short when he saw the menancing grin on the lanky male's face, daring him to spill his complains.

"A nine? Heh... Wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter