Morning Call

Spring Up

 

 

 

She sat at the corner of the room with a book in her hand. She sat there quietly and focused on her book.

 

 

`He killed her violently as if he never loves her before.`

 

 

“What the--- How can he killed her? Nonsense.” She slammed the book on the table.

 

Only then she realized that every single eyes in the library were on her. She grinned as she looked at all of them. All of them stared at her looked like they’re talking about how weird this girl could be.

 

She took her book on the table and started to walk out from the library. She walked with her eyes on the floor as she really felt embarrassed with what she did.

 

Suddenly, she bumped into someone which made she loosened the grip on the book she held and fell onto the floor.

 

“Ouch.” Hyunhee whined.

 

“What the---” The boy almost cursed.

 

“Eunwoo, are you okay?” A girl approached him as she saw the accident.

 

“Don’t touch me.” He snapped the girl’s hand who was trying to hold her arms.

 

“But---” She paused and turned her attention towards Hyunhee, “Hey psychopath, how could you bumped into him?” She shouted at her as if she’s the one who bumped into her.

 

“I--- I’m sorry.” Hyunhee still didn’t dare to lift her head up.

 

“Shut up, Yoona.” He said to the nosy girl.

 

He grabbed Hyunhee’s hand and dragged her away from there. Hyunhee startled by the action as there’s no one ever grabbed her wrist before this but she still followed his steps well so that she wouldn’t fall.

 

“Let me go.” Hyunhee said when she was sure that they’re already far from people.

 

Eunwoo let her hand go and turned his body around. He passed a smile towards the girl who was rubbing her wrist; maybe she’s hurt that Eunwoo grabbed his hand so hard.

 

“What do you want?” Finally, Hyunhee dare to lift her head and looked into the boy’s eyes.

 

But not even a second after staring into his eyes, Hyunhee’s eyes wandering around and looked at other places.

 

Eunwoo grinned.

 

“Choi Hyunhee.” Eunwoo held onto the name tag was on her uniform.

 

Hyunhee snapped his hand from touching her.

 

“ert.” She mumbled.

 

“What?” He disbelief with the word he just heard from the girl’s mouth.

 

“You--- ert. How can you touch a girl like that?” She questioned him.

 

“I was just looking at your name tag.” He explained.

 

“You could just ask my name. `What is your name?` Is it so hard to say that? Why do you need to touch me?” She kept attacking Eunwoo.

 

Eunwoo looked at the girl with a frown in his face. What the with this girl?

 

“By the way, I just bumped into you, why would you drag me away till here?” She asked again.

 

“Wow, you sure has a lot to talk. I thought you’re a loner.” He smirked.

 

“I’m not a loner, okay? I just… don’t talk to people.” Her voice became slow as she said that.

 

“That’s the same though? And what’s with this book, no wonder people called you a psychopath.” He said as he took the book in her hand.

 

“As far as I know, you’re the one who called me a psychopath at first. Because you have the title `the most popular guy` in this school, people started to call me that to follow you.” She glared at Eunwoo.

 

He startled. He didn’t know that the girl knows that he’s the one who invented that nickname.

 

“But you know, I couldn’t care less about that, because” She paused and smirked at Eunwoo before she said the next words. “You’re nothing to me.” She walked away from the boy as soon as she done saying it.

 

⌘⌘⌘

 

“Why the I said that back then?” She put her head on the table as she said that. She let out a deep sigh.

 

“What are you thinking about?” Eunwoo’s face right in front her startled her which made she couldn’t blink her eyes for few seconds.

Eunwoo giggled as if he enjoyed teasing this girl.

 

Hyunhee turned her head to the other side to avoid the boy. She closed her eyes and tried to take a nap even she knows she wasn’t supposed to sleep in class. She never did it before at the first place.

 

“Hyunhee.” He called her name. “Choi Hyunhee.”

 

Hyunhee ignored his voice and keep closing her eyes.

 

“If you refuse to open your eyes, I’ll kiss you.” Eunwoo said.

 

His words startled the girl and made her quickly lift her head up and her eyes widen. She gave a death glare to Eunwoo before stand up and leave the class.

 

⌘⌘⌘

 

“Stop teasing her.” Gyujin tapped Eunwoo’s shoulders.

 

“It’s fun.” He said.

 

“I know, but you might fall for her if you keep doing this.” Gyujin said jokingly.

 

“Are you crazy? Why would I fall for that psychopath?” Eunwoo laughed as he said that.

 

“Whatever Cha Eunwoo.” Gyujin gave up as he will never won if he quarrelled with this boy.

 

There’s no way I could fall for her. There’s no way…...

 

⌘⌘⌘

 

“Choi Hyunhee, you’re the one who started this mess so, serve you right.” She mumbled as she walked upstairs to the roof of the school. That should be the most peaceful place she ever knows exist in the school.

 

“Oh great, I forgot to bring my book, what am I going to do now?” She stopped from walking and thinking about going back to the class to take the book she left behind.

 

“No, no. Cha Eunwoo is there.” She shook her head in confusion and continued walking.

 

“But what should I do there?” She stopped her body again and lean her back against the wall.

 

“Calm down okay Hyunhee? It’s not like you couldn’t live without book.” She took a deep breath as soon as she said that.

 

Once she arrived the roof, she took a sit on one of the bench there before she saw there’s a not-so-like-a-bed-bench near her.

“Maybe I should take a nap.” She said.

 

She laid on the bench and closed her eyes. With the slow wind blowing, it feels so great. She thinks that she could sleep anytime now. Suddenly, she hummed to a song. She never knows it would feel great even if she skipped a class. At least she’s free from that Cha Eunwoo guy.

 

She suddenly reminds of what happened 2 days ago, the memories she wouldn’t ever forgot and probably the worst thing ever happened in her life. She never thought that Cha Eunwoo would to that extent.

 

She just bumped into him so what’s the problem with that? She already said sorry and he should leave her alone by now but why he kept disturbing her? Never ever mentioned about how many times the girls in the school warned her to not get close to the boy.

 

But wait, it’s not her who was trying to get close to him though? It’s Cha Eunwoo. Eunwoo is the one who disturbed her every single day as if it never has an ending for it. She’s tired. Tired with all the s people gave her.

 

She doesn’t even has a friend in this school. She’s alone most of the times. So what’s with the most popular guy in the school started to give a special attention to him? Isn’t that ridiculous? She’s not even that special to receive that kind of treatment.

 

She is just another lonely girl exists in the school.

 

⌘⌘⌘

 

“Choi Hyunhee, I have something to tell you.” Cha Eunwoo said as he approached her.

 

“Don’t you ever take a step closer to me. Stay there” She said but Eunwoo kept walking. “I said stay there.”

 

“But why?” Eunwoo cheekily asked. He enjoyed looking at the girl’s scared expression.

 

“Don’t you know that you’re a in weird popular guy? Why would you even bother to disturb me?” Hyunhee asked.

 

“Because…” Before he could tell his reason, Hyunhee already at the end of the way and there’s a drain behind her which made she almost fall into it but Eunwoo managed to grab her hand.

 

The distance between Eunwoo and her was just an inch away. She held herself from breathing as she knows in this distance, everything that she did is useless.

 

Eunwoo widen his eyes and examined the girl’s face.

 

She’s beautiful…

 

His eyes went on the girl’s lips. It’s so tempted… Slowly his lips getting closer to her lips but before he could do anything, Hyunhee pushed him which made he loosen the grip on the girl and the girl fell onto the ground.

 

Well, at least she’s not in the drain.

 

Hyunhee used her both hands to closed and looked at Eunwoo with a ing death stare as if she’s going to kill him right now.

“I--- I’m sorry.” Eunwoo stuttered as soon as he realized what he did.

 

Hyunhee then stood up and clean up the mess she had on her uniform and left the boy behind without saying anything to him. For God sake, she never thought that Eunwoo has the thought of kissing her and furthermore, it’s in school.

 

⌘⌘⌘

 

As soon as she opened her eyes, she could see Cha Eunwoo right in front of her eyes was looking at her with a smile pasted on his face. Quickly she cupped using both of her hands.

 

“Do you think I’m going to kiss you?” Eunwoo said with his eyes still on the girl’s lips.

 

Hyunhee pushed him away and wake up from her short nap. It’s not really a nap as she kept throwing back on what Eunwoo did to her.

 

“What are you doing here?” She asked in a cold tone.

 

“To kiss you.” Eunwoo teased.

 

“Stop joking, Cha Eunwoo.” Hyunhee glared at him.

 

“What? It’s not a joke though?” He took a sit beside the girl.

 

“You’re not even into me. Why would you kiss me?” She asked.

 

“How did you know that I don’t have any feelings to you?” He stared the sky.

 

“Obviously, you don’t, Cha Eunwoo. Why would you like me?” The conversation started to be serious.

 

“What if I say that I do like you?” Eunwoo asked.

 

“Stop.” She paused, “Maybe you could tease me all you want but please, don’t you ever involve your heart in this.”

 

“Why?” He turned to look at the girl’s expression.

 

“Because… I might fall for you if you keep doing this.” Hyunhee stood up and left Cha Eunwoo behind.

 

`I might fall for you if you keep doing this.` Choi Hyunhee likes me?

 

 

⌘⌘⌘

 

It has been a week since the last time Eunwoo talked to her.

 

Did he ever take my words as if it's the truth?

 

“Choi Hyunhee.” Someone woke her up from her day-dream.

 

“Yes.” She turned around to see a guy with a pair of thick eyebrows and had his hair up. He looked at her with a serious expression.

 

“Who--- Who are you?” Hyunhee asked.

 

“You don’t know me?” He asked awkwardly.

 

“Sorry, I don’t. Should I know you?” She answered his question with another question.

 

The fact is she didn’t know anyone in this school except Cha Eunwoo. She had a hard time remembering people’s names so she would sit alone by herself and be anti-social. That’s probably why people called her a psychopath even she knows, it’s Cha Eunwoo who gave her that nickname.

 

“Uh. No, you shouldn’t.” He paused as he felt awkward talking to her. “I’m Gyujin. Han Gyujin.”

 

“Oh, Gyujin. I see.” She nodded her head for few times and focused back on the book she currently read.

 

“I have something to tell you.” Gyujin frowned when he see the girl was ignoring her.

 

“Just say it.” She said without looking at him.

 

“It’s about Cha Eunwoo.” As soon as she heard that, she turned her attention towards the boy again.

 

“What’s with Cha Eunwoo?” She tried to stay calm but obviously she’s worried.

 

“Um,” He stopped.

 

“Gyujin?” Hyunhee said when there’s no respond from the boy.

 

“He’s not feeling well these days. He has a really high fever.” Gyujin said.

 

“Wait, why would he?” She asked.

 

“I don’t know either. He didn’t look like he’s going to be okay anytime soon.” Gyujin explained.

 

“Then?” She kept asking question to him.

 

“Do you mind if I ask you to go and visit him?” He felt so wrong asking the girl for some help.

 

“But why me?” She asked in confusion.

 

“You will know why once you meet him.” Gyujin refused to tell the reason.

 

“Okay then.” She agreed.

 

“Oh my God, really? Thank you.” He was too excited that he grabbed the girl’s hand.

 

“You shouldn’t do that.” Hyunhee said.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry.” He let her hand go. “Meet me after school.”

“Um, sure.” She said and nodded.

 

⌘⌘⌘

 

She entered the house with an awkward step. She followed Gyujin’s step quietly until they finally arrived in front of one extra-ordinary door. The door surprisingly has a lock that will need a code to open it.

 

She didn’t know that someone would use that kind of lock. She thought that people only used it for the front door. Why would they ever lock their own bedroom with such a complicated way?

 

“You need to remember that he always put his password as ‘3003’.” Gyujin said.

 

“Why should I know that?” Hyunhee giggled as she said that.

 

“In case.” Gyujin didn’t even try to explain.

 

He typed the code and the door opened. From afar, she could see a boy was lying on a bed with a blanket all over his body. Sometimes, he would cough as if he really sick.

 

“Cha Eunwoo, I brought her here.” Gyujin said as he approached his best friend.

 

“She’s here?” Eunwoo said with a cough coming out from his mouth.

 

“Yes.” Gyujin called for Hyunjee who was still standing at the door.

 

“Hi, Cha Eunwoo.” She awkwardly greeted him.

 

Eunwoo passed a smile to her.

 

“I’m going out. Call me if you need anything.” He tapped on the boy’s shoulders before leave the two behind in the room.

 

“Are you okay?” Hyunhee asked.

 

“Do I look like I’m okay?” Eunwoo said in a tease way.

 

“No, you’re not.” She said.

 

“Then why would you ask?” Eunwoo giggled.

 

“Um, just… It feels awkward.” Hyunhee’s eyes started to wander around the room to avoid the stare that was given by the boy.

 

“Choi Hyunhee.” Eunwoo called for her.

 

“Um?” She answered without looking at her.

 

“Remember what you told me last week?” She startled as soon as she heard what he said.

 

“No, I don’t remember.” Maybe she could lie to him but her face showed everything.

 

“Really?” Eunwoo paused, “I’ve been thinking about it for the whole week.”

 

“Cha Eunwoo, you’re not going to take those words seriously right?” Hyunhee’s eyes widen.

 

“So you do remember.” Hyunhee fell into his trap.

 

“What the f---” She almost cursed but before she could do that, Eunwoo pulled her that the distance between them only an inch away.

 

“Wh--- What are you trying to do?” Her eyes were totally in his eyes.

 

“I just want to confirm it.” Eunwoo said.

 

“Confirm, wh--- what?” She stuttered.

 

“Whether… my feel for you is real or not.” He put his lips on her lips.

 

Hyunhee quickly break the kiss.

 

“Cha Eunwoo, I told you before right, don’t you ever involve your heart---” Before she could say anything, again, Eunwoo lifted his body up and kissed her lips.

 

Hyunhee startled by his second kiss and instead of pushing him like she did before, she stopped herself from moving and eventually she enjoyed the kiss.

 

Eunwoo smiled as he broke the kiss.

 

“I---” She stuttered and stood up from the bed.

 

“I think I should go now.” Her hand was shaking at the moment and she started to walk when Eunwoo grabbed her hand preventing her from moving.

 

“Choi Hyunhee.” He called her name in the most romantic way he could ever say. “Look at me.”

 

Slowly she turned her body around and looked at the boy.

 

“I like you.” The words that came out from Eunwoo’s lips was like a dream to her.

 

“You’re kidding right?” She smiled awkwardly.

 

“Do you still think my feeling to you just a joke after I kiss you?” Eunwoo knows it’s going to be hard to explain to this girl.

 

“But--- I mean why me?” She asked.

 

“You hate me?” He asked her.

 

“No, it’s not like that. Just---” She’s confused.

 

“So you do like me.” Eunwoo smiled.

 

“Uh---” She stuttered.

 

“So from today onwards, you are mine, Choi Hyunhee.” Eunwoo said.

 

“But Cha Eunwoo---” Before she could say anything Eunwoo cut her words.

“Choi Hyunhee, I love you.”