chapter 7

High School

It’s 7pm and Sori still hasn’t heard from Hansol. She thought he would send her a goofy text or knock on her door, but nothing happened. She was starting to get kind of worried because he’s not usually like this. And this is weird for her because she never really had anyone to worry about.

 

Did he eat dinner yet? Is he still alive? Did he slip in the bathroom? Worried thoughts filled her mind as she prepared to make dinner for herself.

 

It wouldn’t hurt to just check on him, right? He would tease me for sure, but at least I won’t have to attend his funeral.

 

She knocked on his door 4 times before it opened, revealing a bed-haired Hansol in his pajama pants and a white shirt.

 

“Look who decided to show up,” he teased as he opened the door wider for her to come in.

 

“I’m not coming in. I just wanted to see if you died or not,” she replied.

 

“So you were worried about me? Aww,” Hansol said, his voice still hoarse from waking up.

 

A blush crept in her cheek before she quickly shook it off.

 

“I see that you’re alive and well so I’m going to head back. Bye,” she quickly said before turning around, but was turned back around by him.

 

“You get very cold when you’re embarrassed. It’s cute,” he said with a smirk, again making her blush. “But I’m really hungry because I just woke up and I don’t know how to cook, so please help me.”

 

“I’m pretty sure you can make ramyeon or you could call takeout.”

 

“I ate ramyeon this morning and I’m too lazy to call takeout. Just eat with me.”

 

“I wasn’t planning on eating dinner so you can just eat by yourself.”

 

“You’re not planning to eat dinner but you’re wearing an apron?”

 

Sori mentally cursed herself for being such an idiot.

 

“You can either cook here or at your place. I would very much want to eat at your place since I’ve never been there before.”

 

Sori groaned out loud before pushing Hansol in the room and closing the door behind her.

 

“What do you want to eat?” Sori asked as she scanned the pantry.

 

“Anything is fine,” he replied.

 

“Is pasta fine?”

 

“It definitely is.”

 

“This looks amazing~” Hansol said excitedly as he took a seat beside her on the couch.

 

“Hope it’s as good as it looks. And I put more on your plate ‘cuz I know what a big stomach you have.” Sori replied as she started eating the pasta.

 

“You know me so well,” he said with a big grin before taking a bite.

 

“Yup, it’s as good as it looks.”

 

“It’s just a simple carbonara sauce and some bacon. You can make it by yourself.”

 

“I’ll burn the kitchen down first before even boiling the pasta.”

 

She let out a soft chuckle as her eyes wandered around the room.

 

“You really need to clean this place up. I stepped on someone’s shirt and underwear in the kitchen.”

 

“Seungcheol hyung likes to walk around so those are probably his.”

 

“It has a weird odor too.”

 

“That’s why we’re boys. Ooh, I think HBO’s doing this Harry Potter marathon thing.” Hansol said as he changed the TV channel.

 

“Harry Potter? The magic-thunder-scar guy?”

 

“Yeah. Don’t tell me you’ve never read the books OR watched any of the movies before.”

 

Sori replied with a simple ‘no.’

 

“Well, it looks like the first movie of the series just started so we have a long, long way to go.”

 

Somewhere along the 6th movie, Sori’s eyes started to feel heavy. In a matter of minutes, she was already snoring. Hansol didn’t realize she was asleep until her head rested on his shoulders. At first he thought she was just tired, but when her hand that slung over his arm, it made him check twice. He looked at his phone as saw that it was already 1:30am.

 

I must have drained you out today. He chuckled to himself.

 

He smiled at her sleeping figure and rhythmic snoring before his eyes too started to feel heavy.


 

Sori hugged the warm arm that she thought was her body pillow. It was a habit of hers to snuggle to things when she sleeps – other than snoring and drooling. The arm she thought was her body pillow moved, and that was the moment Sori realized it wasn’t a pillow. Her eyes quickly fluttered open and right above her was Hansol’s sleeping face. It didn’t take long for her face to turn bright red.

 

“Tell me when you’re done starring so that I can open my eyes,” Hansol’s groggily said with a smirk.

 

She could feel the blood rushing through every vein in her body. Her first instinct was to jump up, but it was a bad idea because the minute she stood up, she immediately lost her balance.

 

A big laughter came from Hansol’s mouth.

 

“You are one clumsy damsel,” he said between laughs as he helped her up.

 

“At least I’m not in distress,” she replied, refusing his hand and getting up on her own.

 

Again, standing up was a bad idea because she immediately felt pain in her back – probably because of the couch.

 

“Sleeping on the couch was a bad idea. We should’ve moved to my bed,” Hansol teased.

 

He always made some kind of inappropriate joke at some point of the day, but she didn’t think he would start the day with it.

 

“No, you should’ve woken me up so I could’ve slept on my own bed. Now my back hurts like hell,” she replied.

 

Hansol stretched his aching back before getting some back pain cream from the medicine cupboard in the kitchen.

 

“Do you want me to put this on you or..?” He asked as he handed her the cream.

 

Sori decided to ignore that question and snatched the cream from his hand.

 

“Well, see you on Monday.” Sori said as she walked towards the front door.

 

“What do you mean? I’m going to see you in an hour after I take a shower,” he replied as Sori closed the door behind her.


 

knock knock knock

 

Sori just came out of the bathroom when she heard the knocks. She opened it, already knowing the person behind it.

 

“Hey again. What’s for breakfast?” Hansol asked, giving his infamous happy smile.

 

“Why are you asking me? Go make your own breakfast,” Sori replied.

 

“I’ve told you this a thousand times: I. CAN’T. COOK.”

 

Sori sighed in defeat before letting him in.

 

“Don’t be frustrated. I’ll go as soon as I am fed.” Hansol said, remembering her ‘habits.’

 

Hansol looked around her place and saw that it wasn’t as neat as he thought it would. There were some clothes lying around and some trash, but it wasn’t as bad as his place. One other thing he realized about the place was that it smelled exactly like her: cinnamon and vanilla – one of the things he really liked about her.

 

“I don’t really eat breakfast, so care to request anything?” Sori asked, interrupting his train of thoughts.

 

“Oh, sure. I like waffles.”

 

20 minutes passed before Sori was finally done with the waffles. She took out the maple syrup, nutella, butter, and canned whipped cream.

 

“Do you want to marry me?” Hansol suddenly asked, making Sori choke on her saliva.

 

“W-What?”

 

“I mean, I could get used to this. You making me amazing food.”

 

“You can just hire a chef.”

 

“I can’t get a chef that has the same pretty smile as you.”

 

Sori could only shake her head in reply. He’s so cheesy and straightforward. What kind of ‘lucky’ girl would marry him someday?

 

Hansol spent the rest of the day annoying Sori. He didn’t leave her place till it was 11pm.


Sori woke up from the noise on her phone. 

Morning! Are you free today? – Hansol.

 

Yeah. – Sori.

 

Let’s go watch a movie with the others. They’re all going to be back in an hour or two. – Hansol.

 

I don’t feel like it. You guys can go ahead and watch something without me – Sori.

 

Is that a yes? – Hansol.

 

It’s clearly a no stupid – Sori.

 

Ok then. Be ready by 3 J - Hansol.

 

I said no – Sori.

 

See you~ - Hansol.