chapter 2

High School

When the bell rang, all the students started packing up. Sori couldn’t wait to go home and take a very long nap since she didn’t get any sleep last night. She bid her group members goodbye before walking out of the classroom.

 

As she was about to step out of the school gates, she remembered her school uniform that was still locked inside the gym locker. Sori groaned and turned around to walk back into the school building.

 

Meanwhile, Seungkwan was still bitter about his loss against DK so they decided to do a rematch in the outside court.

 

“I’ll beat you this time hyung,” Seungkwan said as he got ready in his position. His team consisted of Hansol, Mingyu, Jun, and Jeonghan.

 

“Yeah, yeah.. I have Seungcheol hyung so let’s see about that,” DK replied. His team consisted of Seungcheol, Joshua, Chan, and Minghao.

 

The rest of the group watched from the side.

 

As the game started, DK’s team scored the first point in a matter of seconds. But Seungkwan’s team quickly rebounded and scored some points as well.

 

On the other hand, Sori was passing the outdoor court when she heard a bunch of guys yelling nonsense as they played basketball. She noticed some of the boys from her group as well. But before she could continue on her way towards the school gate, a massive force hit her in the head as she fell to the ground.

 

“Holy , I’m so sorry!” a familiar voice yelled as he ran towards her fallen figure.

 

She could hear more footsteps running her way as she tried standing up.

 

“Are you okay?” Hansol asked as he helped her regain her balance.

 

“I think I’m fine,” Sori said as she tried to get rid of the pain on the side of her head.

 

“Oh, it’s you!” DK exclaimed as he saw her face.

 

Sori replied with a small smile before picking up her fallen things from the floor.

 

“I think you should put some ice on that,” Seungcheol said as he examined her head.

“Yeah, I’ll put some ice when I get home.” She replied.

 

“Are you sure you can go home in this condition?” Hoshi asked.

 

“I think so… I just need to take a bus from here.”

 

“You sound pretty unsure,” Seungkwan said.

 

“You know what? We were just finishing up with our game. Why don’t we take you home?” Jeonghan offered, earning nods from the others.

 

“You really don’t have to… I’m sure I can get home by myself,” Sori said, shaking her head.

 

“We insist,” Joshua replied.

 

“Yeah, we don’t want anything to happen to you,” DK added.

 

Sori found it useless to argue with them since they’ll probably keep insisting, so she just agreed to their offer.

 

“What’s your name again?” Woozi asked as they walked towards the school gate.

 

“Um, Sori.”

 

“That’s a pretty name,” Jun said.

 

Sori muttered a small thanks.

 

When they got to the bus stop, Sori turned around and thanked them.

 

“I’ll be fine on my own now,” she said with a smile.

 

“We said we were taking you home; not the bus stop,” Seungcheol replied.

 

“We don’t mind extra stops,” Hoshi added.

 

“Are you sure? My stop’s on the 8th,” Sori said.

 

“That’s great cause our stop’s on the 8th too,” DK replied.

 

“All of you?” she asked.

“Yup. I know it’s weird hearing 13 guys living together and stuff, but we just do it to save some extra cash,” Wonwoo explained.

 

When the bus finally came, everyone got in. There were not available seats so they all had to stand up. Sori was the shortest among them so she felt like a dwarf being surrounded by giants.

 

“Hang on tight,” Hansol whispered to her before the bus took off.

 

As the bus made its way to their stop, Sori couldn’t stop touching the area that got hit by the ball. It felt like it formed a big bump.

 

“I’m really sorry for that… I didn’t see you walking there earlier,” Hansol said behind her.

 

Sori turned around to see who she was talking to before shaking her head.

 

“It’s fine. Accidents happen,” she replied.

 

“Does it hurt a lot?” he asked.

 

“It did earlier, but it subsided since then.”

 

“I’ll treat you to something to make up for it,” Hansol said.

 

“You don’t have to,” Sori replied.

 

“I won’t stop feeling bad if you don’t let me,” he said, pouting at her.

 

Sori let out a sigh before complying with his offer.

 

“8th stop, we’re here!” the bus conductor yelled.

 

The boys and Sori got out of the bus and thanked the bus driver.

 

“So, where’ your place?” Jeonghan asked as he looked around the area.

 

“It’s the 3-floor apartment building near the supermarket and bakery,” Sori said as she pointed towards the way.

 

“I don’t know if this is fate, but that’s where we live too,” Seungcheol replied.

 

“Really?” Sori replied.

“Yeah, we just moved there the other day. It was our parents’ choice for the location,” Mingyu said.

 

“You don’t seem too shocked,” DK added.

 

“There’s nothing really shocking about it..?” Sori replied unsurely.

 

“There’s nothing shocking about living next to 12 handsome guys and 1 incredibly gorgeous one?” Seungkwan asked, earning a slap on the back by Seungcheol.

 

“Not really… I mean, it’s not unusual for school friends to live near each other” Sori replied.

 

“We’re your friends?” Hoshi asked teasingly, earning a few chuckled from the boys.

 

Sori rolled her eyes before walking towards her apartment. The guys followed behind her as they laughed.


 

“So, we literally live across each other? “ Sori said in shock as she stood in front of her door.

 

“I guess so,” Joshua muttered as the boys try to fit themselves in the tiny hallway.

 

“Well, um.. thanks for everything. See you tomorrow then,” Sori said as she unlocked her door.

 

“We’ll be visiting soon so don’t think you got rid of us that easily,” Jeonghan said.

 

“And don’t forget to put some ice on that bump,” Jun reminded.

 

They sound like my parents…. Sori thought as she smiled at them before entering her home.