Hibiscus

My Cup of Tea
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

so i got my driver's license today and decided to write a cute/victorious update...enjoy ^^

 

“What the heck does that mean?” Hoseok exclaimed.  “‘Prove to me whatever you’re going to say’?  What is this, acting class?”

 

“Torture,” Jungkook groaned as he shoved a forkful of salad in his mouth.  He waved his fork around angrily.  “How am I supposed to show him that I like him?  What if he doesn’t accept me in the end?”  Hs sighed.  “What if this is a waste of time?”

 

Jimin drank some of his soda.  “Well, it’s not a waste of time, since you like him.”

 

“Now, I’m starting to regret it,” Jungkook admitted halfheartedly.  He hit his head.  “How could I be so stupid?”

 

Hoseok reached forward and brushed Jungkook’s hair off his face.  “Well, at least you two aren’t doing something stupid.  It’s a hassle watching over you, you know?”  He sighed as he leaned back in his chair.  “I’m not even a father and I feel like a mother already -- in my twenties!”

 

“You’re making no sense today,” Jimin commented.  “Anyways, Jungkook-ah, don’t worry about it.  You just have to wait for the right moment, then strike.”

 

Jungkook nearly spit his smoothie in Jimin’s face.  “I’m not a snake or something!  And I’m not a predator!”

 

“But right now, you’re being preyed on,” Jimin pointed out.  “Some guys don’t like it when their prey is too easy.”

 

Hoseok nodded in agreement.  “Yeah, you’re being too goody-two-shoes, sweetie.  You have to show your fangs a bit and play hard to get!”

 

“Guys,” Jungkook groaned.  “That’s not my style.”

 

In a perfect world, Jungkook knew he would have to do nothing to attract the boy.  If Taehyung really liked Jungkook for who he was without trying, then he would most definitely do something to try and get him, no matter how embarrassing.  

 

Jungkook massaged his temples.  Everything was too frustrating.  Why couldn’t everyone just love each other and be done with it?

 

Because nothing’s that simple, and unfortunately, life's a and gives you tons of lemons.

 

He frowned and looked at Hoseok before pouting.  “What am I going to do?  I don’t usually make first moves on anyone!”

 

Hoseok thought for a moment as he drank his milkshake.  “Maybe go on a date with him.  Just…”  He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.  “Dive right in.”

 

“You’re so dirty,” Jimin said, smacking the other.  “You can’t just tell the innocent Kookie to --”

 

“I’m right though,” Hoseok pointed out with a smirk.  “Sometimes in life you just gotta throw a curveball.”  He grasped Jungkook’s hands over the table and held them reassuringly.  “Don’t worry, Kook-ah.  Jimin and I will make all the arrangements, so you won’t have to worry about a thing!”

 

Jungkook withdrew his hands.  “Ew!  No!”

 

Hoseok gave him a look.  “Dude, just trust me on this.  When have I ever steered you wrong?”

 

“You nearly got us killed by Namjoon,” Jungkook deadpanned.  “Remember when we ‘accidentally’ found him with Seokjin?”

 

“That’s besides the point!” Hoseok shot back.  “Just trust me on this.  It’ll be fun!”  His eyes twinkled as he hugged Jimin’s arm.  “You’ll be gorgeous and let down your hair for once!”

 

Jungkook frowned.  “Hyung, I’m not a girl.”

 

“In this situation, you are,” Hoseok replied.  He leaned forward.  “So…do you have his number?”

 

--

 

Jungkook sat on his bed as Hoseok went rummaging through his closet for something for him to wear.  He sighed heavily, thinking of the impending stress.

 

He ended up getting Taehyung’s number from Taehyung himself when he saw him later at campus running an errand.  The older boy thought it was cute, though Jungkook wanted to kill himself for acting so needy.  They had agreed over text to meet at the small plaza just outside their school on Saturday morning.  No night dates just yet.  Jungkook wanted to test the waters.

 

Even though it was supposed to be low key and casual, Jungkook couldn’t help but work himself up.

 

“Here,” Hoseok said as he handed Jungkook some ripped jeans and a casual grey button up.

 

“But hyung!” Jungkook tried.  “You know my style isn’t this…”

 

Hoseok rolled his eyes.  “As if you’re going to catch his eye wearing a plain white t-shirt, jeans, and those Timberlands!  Nope!”  H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter