Passionfruit

My Cup of Tea
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jungkook didn’t know why, but he was a bit nervous as he walked into the café that morning.  Hoseok promised he would come by later in the afternoon with Jimin.  That alone made him nervous.  Of course, Hoseok was his friend, but Jungkook knew he was going to do something to embarrass him.  In that way, Hoseok was also like his mother.

 

He sighed as he threw on his apron over his white t-shirt and black skinny jeans before walking out and wiping all the tables down.

 

Seokjin walked over and unlocked the door before flipping the open sign on.  He turned and smiled a bit, seeing Jungkook’s troubled expression.  “What’s the matter, Kook?” he chuckled.  “Girl issues?”

 

Jungkook looked up, slightly horrified.  “No!”  He cringed as he finished wiping a table.  “Hyung, you know I don’t like girls.  They’re just…scary…”

 

“Not all girls are scary,” Seokjin pointed out.  He opened the door for a girl about to walk in.  By the looks of it, she was a high school student, in her neat uniform.  She smiled and bowed her head at Seokjin as she walked in.  “See?  She’s pretty.”

 

The girl blushed as Jungkook rolled his eyes.  “Hyung…” he groaned.

 

After Jungkook organized all the tables, he threw his dirty rag into the bin at the side before going into the back to wash his hands.  He came back to the front of the counter and decided to busy himself with organizing the pastries.  He frowned.  They only reminded him of Taehyung.

 

That was when Jungkook realized he never wanted to see Taehyung again, or deal with the embarrassment of his words the night before.  He still hit himself over the head for that.  He basically betrayed himself.

 

He shook his head, trying to get rid of the thoughts.  We can be friends.  Friendship isn’t that bad!  I mean, look at Hoseok and Jimin.  They only crush on each other from a distance, he thought to himself.  He made a face.  On second thought, I don’t wanna be like that.  They must be so frustrated…

 

He didn’t notice time flying by as he helped Seokjin keep the place running.  He did everything from taking out the trash to helping at the register.  It was good, though, since he was able to keep his mind off of things.

 

All of a sudden, the bell above the door tingled as it opened.  Jungkook looked up to see Hoseok and Jimin walk in.

 

“There’s my little lovebird!” Hoseok cooed, causing some eyes to stare.

 

Jungkook blushed as they walked up to the counter.  He then reached over and smacked Hoseok’s shoulder.  “Could you be even more embarrassing?” he hissed through clenched teeth.

 

Jimin smiled apologetically.  “Sorry, he may have had a couple of drinks.”

 

“This morning?” Jungkook exclaimed.

 

“Yeah…” Hoseok said.  He then furrowed his eyebrows.  “What the --!  Why would I drink in the morning?  You guys both know I’m a coffee person!”

 

Jimin chuckled a bit as Hoseok rolled his eyes and shook his head.  

 

“So what can I get for you guys?” Jungkook asked.

 

Jimin glanced at the menu.  “I’ll take an iced green tea.”

 

Green tea…

 

Taehyung’s favorite…

 

“Um, Jungkook?”

 

Jungkook blinked.  “Huh?”

 

“You okay?  You do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter