English Breakfast

My Cup of Tea
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

flashback to fetus-kook lol

 

 

Jungkook was sitting down at the cafe he worked at, in his favorite seat by the window.  It was a pretty day outside, with the sun shining ever so softly through the haze of thin clouds that hung over the buildings of Seoul.  He typed his story into his laptop, an open book and a cup of tea sprawled out over the table along with it.  His fingers typed quickly and loudly, filling the quiet cafe with his clicking and tapping.  

 

His eyebrows were furrowed with concentration as he wrote, trying to think of the most ideal situation for his characters to be in.  He was writing a romance, as he always did when the day looked as pretty as this.  No, it wasn’t an angsty romance, but rather a normal, everyday spark of love with nothing out of the ordinary.

 

“How’s everything going?”

 

He looked up to see the manager of the cafe, Seokjin.  He smiled at Jungkook as he wiped the table next to them.  “You seem to be very into whatever you’re doing,” he commented.  “Another story?”

 

Jungkook nodded, blushing slightly.  “It’s for a school project.”

 

“Yeah right,” Seokjin laughed.  He sat down across from Jungkook.  “I’m surprised you’re not a literature major or something.  Business just doesn’t seem like your forté.”

 

The younger nodded.  “It isn’t, but most writers are jobless and unwanted,” he pointed out.  “I would be on the streets in a matter of weeks.  I’m a pretty expensive guy, you know.”

 

Seokjin made a face.  “Don’t remind me,” he chuckled.

 

Jungkook came from a rather well-to-do family.  They always held their heads up high, being extremely popular to the public because of the success of their family-owned company.  His parents were honorable people and trusted by their clients, and his older brother was following their footsteps so he could later take over the company.  Jungkook, on the other hand…well, he was different.

 

He had always been different.  He showed different interests than his brother.  He always stayed home and read books while his older brother would go out and play basketball with his friends.  It’s not like it was a bad thing, but he was just…different…

 

Seokjin sighed, running his fingers along the edge of the table.  “But if you’re not passionate about it, then maybe you should just tell your parents.”

 

“Meh.”  Jungkook shrugged.  “I’ll probably wait until the semester is over before I do anything.  My mom’s having me send in intern paperwork so I can get some experience.”  He sighed as he closed his laptop.  “I don’t really want to, but I guess life matters a bit more than passion, eh?”

 

The elder leaned forward and ruffled Jungkook’s hair.  “My little Jungkookie is all grown up!”

 

“Cut it out, hyung,” Jungkook laughed, fixing his soft locks.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter