006

MV Meeting

🔸🔸🔸

 

Your time in Seoul came to a sad end.

It was easier knowing you were leaving when everyone was busy.

You insisted on them doing their schedules since you all hung out already.

 

Waiting at the airport, you looked through the photos you took.

Some were snapchat filtered, so JB looked more asian with the squished face (if that was even possible), BamBam had a fabulous makeup job, and Amber was able to become a pink-horned unicorn in the clouds.

You laughed looking at them and then you came across a video with Jackson in it.

You didn't recall doing it so you played it.

 

“Hey Mina~” Jackson waved cutely to the camera “just wanted to say that I love you!” He made a heart with his fingers. “See you soon hopefully!” He waved goodbye with a smile.

 

You put your phone down with mixed emotions.

 

He loves me? Like for real loves me? Since when? I mean I knew we were close, but I didn't ever think he was trying to pursue me! Oh gosh I’m so dense! You began hitting yourself on the head.

 

“Flight to Los Angeles International Airport now boarding.” You heard over the speakers.

 

You sighed and boarded the plane.

Looking out the window once you sat down, you wondered if you like him back to give him a proper answer.

 

>1 year later>

🚺🚺🚺

 

I watched that video over and over again for who knows how long.

Before I knew it a year passed.

Got7 had 2 more comebacks, which I supported fully.

 

It was crazy to have seen them grow so much literally and musically.

The maknaes apparently don't stop growing.

Vocal line only makes me jealous with their beautiful voices.

Rapper line killin’ it as always.

 

“MINA!!!” I jumped at the yell. My friend Dana ran up to me. “GUESS WHAT?!?”

 

I searched her eyes for an answer. “Wha-?”

 

“GOT7 IS GOING TO BE SAN FRANCISCO IN 2 WEEKS FOR A FANMEET/CONCERT!!!” She squealed and jumped excitedly.

 

“Wha-”

 

“OH MY GOD YOU CAN SEE YOUR BOYFRIEND AND-”

 

“Whoa whoa I didn't even give him an answer, Dae.” I stopped her. “I don't think he’d wait this long, either.” I shrugged.

 

“Ok well I will say you’re a loser for making that poor boy wait, but we should go! Tickets will go crazy fast so I’ll take care of it and you can pay me back bye!” She began leaving my workplace.

 

Yeah.

I was in the middle of bussing some tables when that dork ran in and disturbed the whole place.

Well all three people. I sighed and apologized to the three customers and took the dirty dishes to the back.

 

They’re coming here? To the States? This would be their first U.S. tour. I’m so proud of them. I smiled.

 

“Why are you smiling to yourself?”

 

I rolled my eyes at the voice. “None of your business.”

 

“Ouch. Can't a friend be curious?”

 

“With you, Jay, no.” I smiled sarcastically and left to bus another table outside.

 

“Mina?”

 

I looked up to see a face I didn't plan to see until next month. “Jackson…” I breathed.

 

“Hey.” He waved awkwardly.

 

“Hey.” I chuckled. “Uhm I heard about your fanmeet next month. Congrats.” I smiled.

 

“Thanks. We were really excited to come State side. Bambam really wanted In-n-Out since last time we visited.” He rubbed the back of his neck.

 

“Haha well it’s understandable. But what are you guys doing here so early? I mean the fanmeet is a couple weeks from now.”

 

“Oh Mark wanted some family time before heading up to San Francisco.” He pointed behind him with his thumb.

 

“Oh are they here with you right now?” I look at him a little flustered, realizing I’m in work attire.

 

“They are at a store right now. JB saw something and yeah you know how that goes.” He laughed.

 

I laughed along with him, nodding. “Well can't stop the love of fashion now can we?” I shrugged.

 

“I saw the cafe and thought I could go for a beverage. I assume you work here?” He pointed to the apron tied around my waist.

 

“Yeah, just pickin’ up what’s left behind.” I smile taking the barely filled bin. “Come in, I’ll share some of my favorites.”

 

We walked in and I quickly put the bin in the kitchen before meeting Jackson by the dessert display.

 

“Lookin’ at dessert now?” I chuckle.

 

“Couldn't help but look. They drew me into them.” He dramatically did a pull to his chest with his hands and I just laughed. Then I saw a customer walk in.

 

“Well Shakespeare I will get your order whenever you are ready, but excuse me while I take care of this customer.”

 

🔸🔸🔸

 

“Ninang!!!” Jackson heard a little girl yell and chuckled to himself. Cute.

 

“Hey Kyla! Christian.” He also heard Mina greet.

 

Jackson battled himself on whether to see what the interaction was or not, but ended up looking regardless and almost broke at what he saw.

 

Mina was hugging this guy.

 

He turned around with a huff, trying to concentrate on whether to get a fruit smoothie or coffee.

He could vaguely hear their conversation, it sounded like they were close.

He sighed and decided to give up.

 

“Hey Jackson, you ok?” He looked up to see Mina give him a worried look.

 

“Oh no I just didn't know what to get. Torn between ‘healthy energetic’ or ‘caffeine energetic only to crash an hour later’.” He joked making her laugh too.

 

“Well how about this: I make both, you sample them, and whichever you don't have, I’ll take.” Mina nodded.

 

“Can you do that?” Jackson looked around worried.

 

“Well if it was empty, buuut,” she gestured to the cafe. “I mean obviously we’re packed right now so I don't really know. But I’ll try to make it work.” She winked.

 

Jackson told her his choices and she went back to do her work.

It had been a few minutes until the little girl, who called Mina ‘ninang’ went to sit on the bar stool to watch.

 

“You want a cookie Ky?” Mina whispered loud enough for the guy to hear.

 

“Mina, no! You gave her one last time. And she was bouncing off the walls!” He looked up from his phone and pointed his finger at her. She only chuckled, but gave half to the little girl anyway.

 

It was mesmerizing to watch Mina work effortlessly.

She knew the recipe without a book. She made sure the little girl wasn't being ignored. It was awesome.

 

“Order for Jackson~” she sing songed waving him down. He sat next to the little girl as Mina set down two sample cups.

 

“Soooo go ahead and try them. If you don't want either it’s fine.” She reassured.

 

“Ninang, who’s he?” The little girl pointed to the taller male.

 

“This is ninang’s friend. So be nice ok?”

 

The little girl nodded with a smile.

 

Ok. Jackson this is my god daughter Kyla. Kyla this is my friend Jackson. He’s from Hong Kong.” Mina said proudly.

 

“Nǐ hǎo!” Kyla waved at Jackson.

 

He was stunned. “N-nǐ hǎo.” He waved back. “How do you know mandarin?

 

My mommy is chinese.” Kyla smiled.

 

Christian is my second cousin. That old guy over there.” She said the latter part a little louder so he’d hear her. “He lives in San Francisco.” She whispered the last part to me.

 

What was that?? My old ears can't hear you 5 feet away!” He said back.

 

She scoffed. “Oh that reminds me: Christian!” She said in a normal voice.

 

What?

 

Can I stay at your place in a few weeks?

 

I have to ask the ‘master of the house’ (aka his wife) but I’m sure she wouldn't mind.” Christian grinned at her.

 

Sweeeet!” Mina cheered high fiving Kyla.

 

Why are you going to SF?” Jackson asked.

 

I was going to go to your fanmeet but I mean-

 

Yes please! Do come!” Jackson stopped Mina and she giggled.

 

Alright, you can plan on seein’ me there then.” Mina smiled.

 

Mina!” Her boss called.

 

Coming! Be right back.” She nodded and left.

 

He chuckled at her weird self.

 

You like my cousin?” Christian asked, suddenly behind Jackson.

 

U-uhm…

 

It’s ok if you do. Just make sure it’s genuine. She can tell the real from the fake. Though she seems comfortable with you so I guess the ‘fake’ option is out.” Christian patted Jackson’s shoulder. “But you have my blessing as her kuya.” He smiled. “C’mon, Ky we gotta go. Tell Mina we said ‘bye’?

 

Bye Kuya Jackson/Jackson gege!” Kyla waved and he smiled waving back.

 

Mina then came back out and pouted when Jackson was the only one sitting there. “Aww they left already?

 

Wow thanks for making me feel loved.” Jackson said sarcastically.

 

Oh my gosh no no no I didn't mean it like that!

 

Ok then you can make it up by giving me that amazing smoothie you made.” He smiled.

 

Ok then.” She smiled back and put his drink in a cup. “Hey are your members looking for you at all? Or do they really shop this long?” Mina looked out the window to see if they were walking the streets of DTLA aimlessly. “I mean it’s still LA and you guys are celebrities.”

 

Jackson checked his phone then started tapping away. “I told them if they’re looking for me that I’m at a cafe. I sent them the address too just in case.” He smiled and tucked his phone away. “Oh! I wanted to ask before I forgot: what does ‘kuya’ mean?”

 

“‘Kuya’?” Mina repeated.

 

Jackson nodded.

 

It’s a filipino honorific for kids who are addressing an older boy. But it’s a term boys and girls use for boys older than them. Like ‘gege’.” Mina explained.

 

Ohh ok.” Jackson nodded.

 

Why do you ask?

 

Kyla called me Jackson gege/kuya Jackson before she left so I wanted to make sure I knew what it meant.” He smiled. “She’s adorable.”

 

I know. She's the sweetest.” Mina smiled.

 

The bell to the cafe rung and immediately Mina welcomed them in not realizing who came in.

 

“Noona!!”

 

“Mina!!”

 

And it was all downhill from there.