Chapter 6

What's in a name?

A/N: Hey guys! *bows in apology* Sorry for the long time it has taken me to update this fic. Basically there has been a lot going on, with my knee injury, getting sick and some family things (my uncle can pretty much die at any time). So have been struggling a bit with writers block due to it all. Anyway, Thank you or sticking with me! And hope you like this chapter: 


"He's the one I told you about. The one I was set to marry". 

Mino felt a sense of relief looking at the boy. He had been so scared when he returned home to the village to find the boy missing. A part of him had always hoped to find Chanu alive somewhere, even though people and evidence had told him that it was a hopless wish. That was part of the reason for why he had taken these cases to begin with, to get away from all the memories of the younger, along with the people telling him the other was dead. It was strange really, how the absense of one person had turned his beloved home into a cold and lonely place. 

Chanwoo on his side couldn't believe that Mino had appeared in front of him. "They said.. they said you got killed in the war" he said with a shaking vice and tears running down his face. "They even had an official letter". Mino knelt besides Chanwoo and raised his hand to his face, wiping the tears off his cheek. "I know. My parents told me when I returned. But it was all a lie." Mino smilled "And besides how could I die when I have your lucky charm to protect me?" 

Mino pulled out the charm he wore round his neck. The sight of which made Chanwoo smile through the tears still filling his eyes. "I've had nothing but trouble since I gave it to you. Well almost" Chanwoo said in a light tone before the tears ran down his face again. "There were some good bits too" Mino chuckled "I've had mostly nothing but good luck since you gave it to me" he said before wiping away the boy's tears again "There were some bad bits too". Then Mino took the charm off and hung it around Chanwoo's neck "I promised you I was going to return it" he said, making Chanwoo smile. 

While this was going on beside him, Hanbin felt slightly frozen in shock. Mino's words cept repeated over and over in Hanbin's head. It was like his mind had trouble wrapping itself arond the fact that Jung Chanwoo and Jung Chanu was the same person. Matching names aside, it was just to big of a coincident. Hanbin felt like hitting himself for being so stupid. How could he not have realized there being a connection? How often hadn't Chanwoo's words or actions made Hanbin think of Song Mino after all. Not to mention the very specific fighting pattern Chanwoo had shown when he first asked Hanbin to train him. And yet.. It was a shock.

So Chanwoo was the one who gave him that charm he always treasured. But hang on... If what mino said is true.. What happened so that chanwoo end up on Junhoe's and Donghyuks fishinghook? And why does he have to sit so close to him! Surely there is no need for all that touching! Hanbin grumbled.

He looked over at Mino who was fussing over Chanwoo with a slight annoyance. Whatever connection the two had didn't matter. Hanbin was Chanwoo's hyung now and the one who should be taking care of him. In his mind, Hanbin handily ignored the part where he hadn't been pay attention and let Chanwoo walk alone into the situation in the first place. That was in the past, this wasn't.

Chanwoo belonged to Hanbin and the others who had cared for him for over a year. Not Mino, who clearly had left the yoounger to go to war. Clearly his dork of a war companion was to stupid to care properly or the younger. Again Hanbin ignored the part where he himself had only reasently returned from said war himself. That didn't matter. Chanwoo was theirs and Mino couldn't just come and take him away. Woah calm down Hanbin. No one said anything about taking anyone away. Besides this is Mino. Mino is your friend. And way to touchy feely with Chanwoo Hanbin felt like shaking himself. His mind was clearly talking all nonsense today. 

Suddenly another sharp voice cut through Hanbin's thoughs, and broke the moment of reuniting for Chanwoo and Mino. "As touching as this is, could we perhaps return to the matter at hand? In other words, these dead bandits and what to do with them?" Hanbin and Mino stood up at the same time. Hanbin, being the more weary instantly readied himself for more fighting. 

It was clear, however, that there was no need for that when Mino joked "Finaly managed to catch up did you Zico?". The approaching man snorted "Like I wouldn't. You are not as fast as you like to think pretty boy" Zico answered lazily. Hanbin relaxed his position, but kept his eyes on the new guy wearily. He also made sure to move closer to Chanwoo. Just in case anything was to happen. 

At the mentioning of "bodies" Chanwoo seemed to break out of the transe of Mino's return. He looked around, seeminly noticing for the first time, that the bandits were indeed laying dead around them. Instantly he paled and started to hyperventilate. This time, Hanbin beat Mino in kneeling in front of the younger. Graping Chanwoo's head he turned it to look straight into his eyes. "Hey, eyes on me. Breath slowly now. It's okay, just focus on me" Hanbin kept talking camly while staring into the others eyes untill Chanwoo's breathing finally started returning to normal. 

Meanwhile Zico and Mino was having a small disagreement about what to do with the bandits. "Can't we just leave them and be on our way? We'll leave a note!" Mino suggested, only half serious. Frankly he didn't want to deal with the hazzle of reporting the bandits, not now. Not when he had unexpectedly found Chanu again. Mino was not prepeared to leave the younger a second time.

Zico looked at his friend as if he was crazy "Yes, sure. Lets just leave a bunch of bodies laying on the road. Because that would be a good idea. Not to mention the BIG fact about payment! You might have found a better entertainment" Zico gestured towards Chanwoo "But I damn well want my money!" "It's not like that" Mino answere back, feeling angry about what Zico might be hinting at with his words. "That may be. Still, we have a job, which sadly also includes cleaning up after said job is completed. And getting payed". Zico took a moment to look around, before continuing "So here is what we will do. You and I will move the bodies off the road, cover them a little. And find whoever is in charge around here to work everything out." 

At his words Hanbin started to protest. "If you take it to the counsel won't they want to know why the bandits are dead?" Hanbin asked "It's not normal to just kill the target, even if you are bounty hunters. And Chanwoo..." "Will not be included. Don't you worry" Mino said firmly looking at the other man. Zico smirked "Dangerous guys, resisting arrest. No one can blame us for a little bit of self defense." His smirk grew wider. "Besides, not like they can protest to anything we say. Don't worry, we will keep you and the kid out of this". 

Hanbin nodded, and Mino and Zico sat about cleaning up area, and prepeared to report the, now modified, insident to the village councile. Meanwhile Hanbin crouched down besides Chanwoo and studied the younger. He was much calmer now, though Hanbin made sure that he blocked most of the view towards the dead bandits. 

"Then there is us" he said lightly. "What do you want to do Chanwoo? We can either continue the hunt, or go back to the house". Chanwoo looked at Hanbin, taking a deep breath he then hurridly answered "can we continue? Please? I.. I don't think I want to go back yet.. Besides..." He stoped to draw his breath again. "Besides Jinhwan-hyung will worry.. and, well I was just allowed back into the woods" Hanbin laughed hearing the youngers reply. He stood up and ruffled the youngers hair. "If you are sure we will continue then".

Hanbin turned towards Mino and Zico "After you've talked to the council, you are welcome to our home for some food and rest. Anyone would be able to tell you were to go". Looking over at Mino, and finding the other staring a little too foundly at Chanwoo, he added "It seems like we have much to discuss". 


A/N: I will try to not take so long for the next chapter. Stay tuned for backstory that is to come *^_^*