Chapter 5

What's in a name?

A/N hi guys! Sorry for the late update. Had my grandmother's birthday to attend last weekend and this week has been intense. Ending with an injured knee. As you do :P Anyway: onwards we go! 


Hanbin felt himself fill with dread and ran towards the clamour ahead. 

While Hanbin had been lost in his memory, Chanoo had wandered on ahead. He just felt so happy o be back in the forrest, that he didn't even care of potential dangers (like a certain bear trap) laying ahead. The forrest had always been a free haven for him, and now he was finally back! In his joy Chanwoo forgot one of the most important rules of hunting: pay attention to your surroungings. Had he done so, Chanwoo would have noticed the tension in the air, along with the faint rustling of a bow being draw. Instead Chanwoo noticed nothing untill an arrow struck a tree too close to his face for comfort. 

Chanwoo let out a surprised yell and instinctively crouched down into a defence position, making sure to keep his back to the three behind him. Across from him four men steped out of the bushes and crowded around him. "Well, well well, what do we have here? A little one all by himself" one of he men said with a creepy looking grin. The grin reminded Chanwoo of the way a preditor would watch his soon to be meal. "And it's a cute little one too" One of the other men said while studying Chanwoo up and down. "Perfect to have some fun with". 

Chanwoo felt a chill run down his spine. He was growing more and more afraid as the men crowded closer. He took a deep breath, this was not the time for panic. This was the time to remember what he had been thought. After all, Hanbin couldn't be far behind. All Chanwoo had to do was to fight untill the older could get there and help him. This quickly turned out to be easier said than done. 

While Chanwoo had some training, he didn't have any experience in dealing with multiple enemies at the same time. In addition, the men quickly proved to be a lot stronger than him. Yet, Chanwoo tried his best to clock or sluo under the men's advances, while trying to land hits of his own. 

It woked for a while. Mostly because, Chanwoo suspected, the men seemed intent on catching him alive, and reasonably unhurt. Not that this thought made Chanwoo feel any better. Though it did make him a bit more reckless. Thus, instead of avoiding the fist comming his way, he tried to stop it and hit the attacker back. This resulted in nothing but Chanwoo getting a fist to the side of his face. Chanwoo yelled out in pain and tumbled backwards into one of the men that had managed to sneak between him and the tree. 

The man grabed onto Chanwoo, efficiently restrainging his movements. Chanwoo could feel his head ring from the hit, along with the tight squeese from the bulky man restraining him. Still, he was not about to give up that easily and did his best to struggle to get out. He even managed to get in a few well placed kicks. Huh? guess Hyungs training was a bit usefull after all, Chanwoo though as he used the surprise of the kick to try and wrench free. 

Unfortunatly the man holding him was still too strong, and Chanwoo's actions only made the man retaliate. He quickly changed his grip, ang got a man around Chanwoo's throat, efficiently cutting off his airflow. 

Chanwoo felt himself grow limp and his conciousness slipping. Hyung... please.. hurry even his thoughts were slowing down. Just then a figure appeared, the combination of sunight and Chanwoo's darkening vision making it seem like the figure was glowing. Hyung has Chanwoo's last thought before he slipped into unconciousness. 

Hanbin broke nto a sprint at the sound of Chanwoo's painfull shout. AS he ran he cursed himself for getting lost in past memories and letting the younger wander so far ahead. He should have paid more attention. If something happened to the boy he would never forgive himselff. Nor would Jinhwan forgive him. Scratch that, if anything happened to the boy, Hanbin would probably be safer going back to see if the boarder needed any more guards. 

Stay focused stupid he told himself as he broke through some bushes and entered the clearning where Chanwoo and the bandits were. Hanbin reacted imidiatly. with speed and precision learned in the war he put and arrow to the bow and shot it at the man holding Chanwoo, before any of the bandits could react to his presense. The man collaps taking the arrow to the throat. 

Hanbin quickly redrew and sendt anoher arrow, hitting a second man in the arm, temperarily taking him out. Then he spun around to defend himself from the thrid man that was coming at him from the side. Sizing up the two remaiining men Hanbin quickly moved to attack the stronger and bigger looking one. The other was more Hanbin's size and he knew that he needed more energy to take out the former, rather than the later. 

"Thus beginns the dance in full" Hanbin wishpered to himself as he attacked. The pattern style of fighting was always more beautiful than a lot of other martial arts styles. One movement always flowing into the next. Like water flowing in a river. Calm, determined, yet powerfull and dangerous. It took the bandits completely by surprise. They had not expected to stumble upon a pattern fighter in the middle of a random forrest. And Hanbin was not ust a fighter, he was a master. 

It was not an easy fight however. The bandits were thoughs, and clearly had fighting experience of their own. Pluss fighting multiple enemies at the same time meant that Hanbin had to do twice the work, and be twice as alert. Yet the months away from battle had not slowed Hanbin's abilities, and he made sure to give back twice of what he recieved, leading to victory. 

When it was over he took a moment to stretch his aching mucles. It felt nice to finally use his abilities again. Hanbin turned towards where Chanwoo was still laying unconcious. Just then, and arrow flew passed his face, Hanbin turned around just in time to see the arrow take out the bandit that Hanbin had previously shot in the arm. The man had decided to lay low untill Hanbin had beaten his comerades before making his move to take out Hanbin. 

Ops.. forgot about him. Maybe I am turning rusty Hanbin thought before turning back towards the direction where the arrow had came from. He remained calm, after all the shooter could have been a hidden allay, or, in a worst case senario, anther bandit group. 

Whoever, the shooter that steped forward was in no way someone Hanbin could have expected. "Song Mino? Is that really you?" Hanbin felt a smile making its way across his face, as he regarded his military friend. The other man grinned back "Indeed it is. Getting a bit rusty so fast my friend? That's the 6th time I've saved your life now is it?" Hanbin frowned, "6th? what are you talking about? It's the 4th time at best, and only because you beat me to the shoot that ine time". 

Mino laughed, "is that so? Anyway you owe me!" Hanbin shook his head, of all the people to suddenly appear it had to be Song Mino. A great friend sure, and the biggest dork Hanbin knew. Mino could even rival Jiwon at times, which was an impressive feat in itself. However, he was also one of the bravest men Hanbin knew. 

"What are you doing in this forrest anyway?" Mino said, walking over to collect his arrow from the fallen bandit. "Hunting. My village is a couple of hours walk that way" Hanbin answered, while turning his attention over to Chanwoo. He walked over to the boy, who was luckily starting to show signs of coming back to the land of awakeness. "What about you?" He asked. 

"Me? Well, I was hunting too actually! The bandits that is. Nasty bunch, been kidnapping young, good lucking people for god knows what reason. Guess this one was lucky the two of us turned up in time ay?" 

Hanbin felt a shudder go down his back Lucky indeed. He could only imagine what fate could have faced Chanwoo had he been alone, or Hanbin had been slower. "Chanwoo" he wispered to the boy, "hey it's time to wake up". Chanwoo grunted, finally returning to conciousness. 

The moment Chanwoo opened his eyes, he felt a sense of panic. The bandits?! Someone was standing over him, he had to fight! Hanbin saw the younger starting to panic and grabed his face "steady. Chanwoo it's me, Hanbin. Look at me, you are safe now". "hyung!" Chanwoo subbed. "I was so scared, I knew you would come and I tried to fight. But but", "shh, it's okay you did good Jung Chanwoo. You did good" Hanbin said in a comforting voice, hugging the boy close to him. 

Mino had been busy cleaning his arrow while Hanbin was tending to the boy. But he felt himself become interested as he heard the sound of Hanbin's wispers. Clearly the other new their rescued damsel in distress. He moved over to them and then froze in shock. The boy looked exactly like him! But, how could it be? "Chanu-ah?"

He called out wih a shaky voice. The boy imidiatly raised his head from Hanbin's shoulder and look towards where the voice had come from. Chanwoo felt tears well up in his eyes. There stood the person he had been missing the most. The person that was not supposed to be alive. "Mino hyung?" He called, his voice sounding thin and unsure. "Is that really you?". 

Hanbin loosed his grip on Chanwoo to look between him and his friend. "Hang on? You two know each other?" He asked, a part of him was dreading the answer. Chanwoo nodded, still staring at Mino. But it was Mino who spoke. "He's the one I told you about. The one I was set to marry".