You're Such A Bad Luck

Hold Me Tight My True Love

 

 

 

 

 

The moment Jinyoung stepped into his office, his office mates are huddled together. Jackson and Mark are a little farther, like they're inside their own bubble, not caring to the world around them. Jinyoung tries not to send spiteful looks to them, so he shifts his eyes and sits down on his chair.

 

"Jinyoung-sshi! Good morning!" Says his colleague, Jinwoo, smiling as he makes his way to him. "Oh, good morning, Jinwoo-sshi." And then, his older colleague rushes to his side, wide eyed and visibly curious. "Is it true, you're dating a younger guy?" He whispers, but somehow everyone hears him and all of the eyes are on them.

 

Jinyoung blinks his eyes profusely, ransacking his brain to come up with a reason to appease his office mates. Then, as he is about to open his mouth to give the lamest answer, probably, someone knocks on their door. All the attentions then shifts towards the sudden interruption.

 

"Hi, Jinyoung-sshi." There, on the door, actually walking closer to him is none other than Jaebum. Heartbeat hammering and pupils dilating, Jinyoung stays still and watches Jaebum smile at him. "Jaebum-sshi, what are you doing here?" slowly, Jinyoung walks towards him.

 

"Am I not allowed to visit my boyfriend?" Jaebum offers, his hand reaching to intertwine his fingers with Jinyoung's. It successfully earns loud gasps and murmurs from the people around them. "I didn't know you were into younger men, Jinyoung-sshi." Jackson says as he crosses his arms on his chest.

 

"Oh, I'm sorry; I'm Im Jaebum by the way. I'm Jinyoung's boyfriend." Then, the young brat bows and flashes his billion dollar smile. And before any of them can ask another question, Jinyoung pulls Jaebum out of the office.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"What the ?" Jinyoung says between his clenched teeth, his eyes are piercing through Jaebum's, but the latter seems not to care. "What are you so mad about? I just did what we talked about last night." Jaebum says, pocketing his hands as he watches Jinyoung grow angrier.

 

"What did we talk about!?" Even though he's trying hard to say it in a quiet voice, it's still very obvious that he's very pissed. "I'm your fake boyfriend for a month for three thousand dollars." If it's even possible, Jinyoung's eyes grow wider.

 

"Three thousand dollars!?" He repeats, not caring if he's yelling. "And what happened last night!? Did you-?" Then, out of frustration and anger, he hands goes to hit Jaebum. "Hey- Hey! Stop hitting me!" Jaebum then holds Jinyoung's arms, stilling the seething man.

 

"Do you really not remember anything?" Then, as much as Jinyoung doesn't want to remember it, the last night’s memories flash into his mind.

 

 

 

 

 

"I am gonna avenge! I will make them pay for the damage they made to my pride!" Jinyoung drunkenly yells as he hugs his fifteenth soju bottle. "And you are going to help me, you insolent brat." He turns to look at Jaebum's eyes. "You!" he says as he points the bottle to Jaebum.

 

"Are you sure?" Jaebum replies, taking the bottle from Jinyoung's hold as the liquor soaks Jinyoung's clothes. "Yes!" Jinyoung makes no effort to stop Jaebum from taking the bottle, instead, he takes another one and chugs it.

 

Jaebuum grimaces as he watches how messily Jinyoung drinks, soaking his top. "Three thousand dollars for a month. Three hours per day, but you can use it depending on your preference. The basic skinship are free of charge, hugging is seventy-five dollars and kissing is ninety dollars, like what I told you." Jaebum recites the line like he has been saying it since forever.

 

Jinyoung has his eyes squinted while listening to Jaebum. "You punk! Deal." Then, he chugs his soju again. "Are you really sure about this, Jinyoung-sshi?" Jaebum, despite being happy at the great money he's about to get, he still has some decency left in him. After hearing Jaebum's question, Jinyoung looks back at him.

 

"Of course, I am!" he replies while his hand in the air. "Is he really worth it for you to spend so much?" Jaebum takes the bottle again from Jinyoung, more than half of the soju is soaking his clothes. What a waste for a good drink.

 

"You don't understand, Jaebum. We're talking about my pride, so I'm sure it's worth it."

 

 

 

 

 

And he also remembers being dragged home by the young man. Nothing obscene happened, well except from puking on the road. Jinyoung then bashfully lowers his head, but immediately goes berserk again. "You can't just make a deal with a drunk person!"

 

Jaebum rolls his eyes and sighs. "That's why I asked you a lot of times. But you never change your answer." Jinyoung then pulls his hair and groans in frustrations. "Even so! Give me back my money!" To this, Jaebum rolls his eyes again and stares hard at Jinyoung.

 

"I can't, I don't do refunds." He replies and so Jinyoung is back to hitting him, but no punch landed on Jaebum properly. Jaebum considers himself a patient person, but not when the other party is like this. So, he holds Jinyoung's wrist together and pushes him away from him.

 

"You can cancel the deal, but I'm not you giving the money back." With that, Jinyoung's world crumbles down as Jaebum turns his back on him and leaves. Now, not only he has his heart broken, his bank account too. Three thousand dollars isn't a joke. It's his blood sweat and tears as a career man in the twenty-first century.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Wooyoung hyung! What should I do? He took my money!" Jinyoung whines while Wooyoung makes an additional order. "Aigoo~ aigoo. I don't know what to do to you, Jinyoung-ah." He replies a little later, sending looks to the younger.

 

"I want my money back, hyung! That's Three thousand dollars! That's equivalent to my rent on my condo unit!" Wooyoung continues sending him looks. Ever since he met Jinyoung eight years ago, there's one thing that he's sure of. Jinyoung's a walking disaster.

 

"You know, I don't really know how you'll get your money back. Sure, the young man should not have taken the money from you, but you also did something wrong. Why would you even think of making revenge to Jackson? Is he even worth it?" And just like what Jaebum told him the last time, Jinyoung grimaces and slumps on the table.

 

"I don't know, hyung." Jinyoung sighs and watches the waiter bring them their orders.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thinking about it overnight, Jinyoung decides it would be better if he would just make use of him. He paid for him after all. So he dials the number and waits for the cunning insolent brat to pick his call.

 

"If you're gonna pretend as my boyfriend, you better look presentable. I don't want people to talk about me. Meet me at the Lotte World in an hour." Without hearing a reply from the other, Jinyoung ends the call and prepares to leave.

 

When he arrives at their meeting place, the young brat is already there, clad in jeans and a hoodie. Definitely not the best outfit for someone to be called as his boyfriend.

 

And so, they head to the clothe shop. Jinyoung waits and watches Jaebum tries out different clothes. Well, the good thing about Jaebum is that he's good looking, so whatever he wears automatically looks good. But he doesn't want to settle for good, he wants great.

 

"No, you will look like a high school studentwith that." Jinyoung tells Jaebum when the latter tries out casual clothes. But when Jaebum tries out a black suit and tie, Jinyoung almost drools. This is what he's looking for. Someone who looks nice, with a decent job. He looks like a lawyer like that.

 

"This. Let's take this." Jinyoung says, brushing the non-existent dust on Jaebum's shoulder. Then he pats it and smiles to himself. Out of nowhere, the saleslady suddenly walks up to Jaebum. "Is he your older brother?" she asks cheerfully, to which Jaebum replies a nonchalant "No."

 

"I'm his boyfriend." Jinyoung cuts in and eyes the woman. "Is there something wrong with that?" The woman grows pale, her eyes wide and then she excuses herself without looking.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You're really serious with this revenge; you bought so much for me." Jaebum says as they wait for their food. Jinyoung, on the other hands, is rummaging his bag, looking for something. Then, when he found it, he takes it out and places it on the table.

 

"What's this?" Jaebum asks, he takes the paper and reads what is written. "That's our contract." Jinyoung states, crossing his arms. "You will pretend that you're a lawyer as long as we're on this deal. You're also not allowed to take other customers during the time being since I don't want people asking me why they see you with different guys. You are also not allowed to make up your own ."

 

Jaebum keeps a smile on his face as he listens to Jinyoung, reading the contract carefully. "Also, you're not allowed to fall in love with me." Jinyoung adds in a prideful manner which makes Jaebum snicker. "Didn't I already tell you that I have a type?" he says, and then he grins at him. "You don't fit in."

 

Jinyoung opens his mouth to say something but he's too stunned with the younger's forwardness. "Wow." He says much later, "Don't worry; I don't see you as a man." Jaebum smirks and battles with eye contact with Jinyoung.

 

 

"You're very rude! Is that how your parents taught you to be." to this, Jaebum's face shifts to a stern expression. "Let me just add to this contract that you're not allowed to ask questions about my personal life."

 

Jaebum then places the contract down and looks at Jinyoung's eyes. "Haaa, whatever. You're not allowed to ask too!" Jinyoung makes a face and stays quiet as the waiter places their orders on the table. When the waiter leaves, Jinyoung keeps his eyes on Jaebum as if wanting to ask something.

 

"What?" Jaebum asks focusing solely on his food, not even looking at Jinyoung. "How old are you?" Jaebum then turns to look at him, still with the same expression. "What? Is that too personal? I want to know because, duhh, you're my fake boyfriend." Jinyoung says in defense, but Jaebum only goes back to eating his food.

 

"Twenty-seven." He says and Jinyoung almost misses it. "Woah, you're so young." Jinyoung mumbles to himself, finally diving into his food as well. "Nahh, you're just old." To this, his stops eating his ramyun midway and glares at Jaebum hard.

 

Jaebum, on the other hand, smiles at him. Well, he's lucky; Jinyoung thinks he's cute when he's smiling. 'No, Jinyoung! You're not allowed to think that way!'

 

 

 

 

 

"How much is this?" Jaebum places down the paper bags in front of Yugyeom. He's a friend he met a year ago and ever since then, he helps him with his clothe store and he gets some earnings from it. Yugyeom stands up and checks the bags. Everything is expensive, he can tell from the first look, he's a clothes shop owner after all.

 

"500 dollars." He says, this is how business goes. Buy things cheap and sell them expensively. "1000 dollars." Jaebum counters, of course, he isn't one to fool. "600." Yugyeom says again. Jaebum squints at him and sighs. "750" and then, Yugyeom nods and hands him the money.

 

"Thanks." After taking it, Jaebum flees.

 

 

 

Along with the money from his month's worth with Jinyoung, he brings it to a bank. "Can you please transfer this to this account?" Jaebum says to the bank teller as he hands him his bank book and cash.

 

"Im Jaebum to Choi Youngjae?" The teller asks, confirming the names. "Yes, please." Jaebum replies as he nods. And as the teller makes the process, Jaebum sighs and closes his eyes. Finally. Youngjae will finally have it. It took him long, but at least, he can have it now.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Good job, everyone!" Jinyoung shouts happily after their fortnightly meeting. Waves' visitors and active users have been increasing by the past months. And Jinyoung can't be happier with his department's performance.

 

"Jinyoung-sshi!" Jinwoo walks to his side and smiles at him. "The department is planning to eat out tonight, you should come with us." He says with his ever resting nice face. Despite being a little older than Jinyoung, Jinwoo always looked younger than anyone else.

 

"Yeah, Jinyoung! And you should also invite your boyfriend with you." Jackson yells from the other side of the room. Now that he thinks about it, he had not made use of Jaebum yet, this is the perfect time. "Sure, sure." He replies and exits the room, quickly sending a text message to Jaebum.

 

 

 

 

 

When they arrive at the ramyun shop, Jackson and Mark are glued together. Jackson can't seem to keep his hands off Mark. It honestly makes Jinyoung bitter because when they were 'dating', Jackson never held his hand.  But now, as he looks at them, Jackson looks like he'll die if he ever tries to let go of Mark's hand.

 

"Hello everyone!" Then, suddenly Jaebum is walking towards them. Dressed in the clothes Jinyoung is certain he didn't buy. He's too casual, just in jeans and hoodie, his usual look. "Oh, Jaebum-ah! Come here and eat." Says Junmyeon, the oldest one in their department.

 

"Yes. Yes. Thank you." Jaebum then takes his hoodie off and dives into the food like the young brat he is. Jinyoung feels his inside twitching and he really wants to slap Jaebum right now. He wants to ask where the clothes are, why is he wearing that? Didn't they talk about that he's supposed to dress nicely?

 

Mark and Jackson are sending Jinyoung looks while his pseudo boyfriend is oblivious to it. He's just too focused on eating the meats like he had not eaten them for a month. "So, what do you do for a living, Jaebum?" Junmyeom asks to lighten up the atmosphere.

 

"I'm a Lawyer at Lee and Jang Firm." He says nonchalantly, still too busy eating. Everyone turns to look at Jaebum, gasping and curious. "You mean, THE Lee and Jang Firm?" Jinwoo asks, slightly moving close to Jaebum. "Yeah." He replies as he leans back and chews the meat inside his mouth.

 

It's great and all, but Jinyoung doesn't remember telling him that. He's just supposed to be a lawyer, not a big time lawyer. "So you earn millions per year?" Junmyeon asks, stuttering a little, glancing from Jaebum to Jinyoung. All the latter could do was fake a smile. Then, Mark excuses himself.

 

"More or less." Jaebum looks at Junmyeon and smiles. "Really, I know someone from Lee and Jang." Jackson butts in with a hint of mischief in his voice. "I resigned a year ago, though." Jaebum states and eats again, earning a loud groan from everyone.

 

"Why? Why did you do that? What are you doing now?" Junmyeon shakes his head disbelievingly, well Jinyoung understands him. Why would you resign when you earn that much per year? "I do this and that. I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do with my life." Then, he turns to Jinyoung and raises his glass.

 

"How about you pour me a soju, my baby?" Jinyoung almost chokes on his saliva, trying his best not to glare too hard at Jaebum. It earned whistles and comments from everyone, but instead of doing what Jaebum asked him to do. He stands up and pulls Jaebum along with him. "Excuse me." He says and then, they're out.

 

Jinyoung pulled him to the restroom and hits his arm. "What the was that?" He states more than asks. Jaebum sighs and scratches his nape as Jinyoung paces around. "Why did you have to make up those lies? What are you even thinking?" Jinyoung stops and glares at him.

 

"Why are you even wearing that? Where are the clothes I bought?" then he continues pacing again, his fist clenching and unclenching. "I just want to make them feel comfortable with me." Jaebum replies, crossing his arms on his chest, but keeping it in a lazy manner.

 

"You want to what?!" Jinyoung stops again and stands right in front of him. "Don't try to mingle with my personal life. Your job is to pretend as my boyfriend and do what I told you to do. Comfortable? I didn't pay you to be comfortable with them." Jinyoung states, jabbing his finger onto Jaebum's chest.

 

"Don't ever try to do that again. I pay you so I'm your boss, I am your employer and your job is to do only what I told you to do. You're such a bad luck." Jaebum keeps a straight face at him. Jinyoung is nowhere near calm and the younger's expression somehow pisses him off more.

 

Then his phone rings, not moving far away from Jaebum, Jinyoung takes it.  "Hello? What happened? Why? Are you sure you do not have back up files? Okay okay. I'll be there in few minutes." And without a goodbye, Jinyoung leaves him in the restroom.

 

And just as he is about to go out, he hears a flush coming from one of the cubicles. Then, Mark walks out of it and washes his hand on the sink, looking at Jaebum. Mark then walks towards him, keeping an eye contact until his back hits something hard. The older then takes out a tissue from the rack on his back.

 

"Jinyoung's right. You're a bad luck." Mark says before throwing the tissue and leaving Jaebum too.