Way number 2

5 ways to forget Luhan

“So tell me, did your way number 1 helped you?” Naeun asked.

I smiled. “Yes. I used to think of him 25 hours but now, I think about him for only 24 hours.”

She rolled her eyes, “Tell me the truth.”

“I am telling you nothing but the truth.” I said as I cross my heart.

 

It’s true. It has been a week since I deleted all his remnants. Sometimes, I don’t even notice that I’m not thinking of him. I’ve been thinking a lot about Naeun, where will we go the next day, or what does she feels about her husband. She said that her ‘ life’ was about 100 down to 0 real quick.

 

Well, that escalated quickly.

 

We decided to dye our hair. I can’t even remember when was the last time I went to a salon. I decided to dye my hair brownish black.

 

I just noticed, every person who are trying to move on always change their hairstyle or hair colour. Is it a tradition?

 

We finished our business at the salon and we decided to take a walk since our butts hurt for sitting for like three hours.

 

After half an hour, we sat on a bench and enjoyed the scenery when Naeun noticed a post on a lamp post.

 

“Let’s take a look at that announcement!” Naeun persuaded and held my hand.

“Wanted: Band singer...”

“Psh! I thought it was a clearance sale at the mall!” She grimaced.

 

Okay, Now I know that Naeun is a shopping queen.

 

Wanted Band singer?

 

Way number two popped on my mind.

 

“2. Make yourself busy.”

 

xxx

“You can start tomorrow night.” The manager confirmed and reached for my hands for a handshake.  

 

Earlier that night, I decided to audition and luckily, I am now the singer of the band! We will be singing in a bar. Well, I thought about it and since I really don’t have anything to do here, I gave it a shot and this is a way to make myself as busy as possible.

 

Naeun: Whoa, really? I’m so happy for you! Then you’ll be able to do your way number two!

Seororo: Ikr. I am inviting u to go to that bar tomorrow and watch me perform.

Naeun:  Sorry but i can’t. I am trying to fix my relationship with my husband. I am so sorry. I’ll make it up to u...

 

I sighed. I am freaking out.

 

We are sending email instead of text messages because Naeun said she wants to be an ‘old school’ kind of girl. Pretty weird, right?

 

xxx

“ I will always be yours forever and more through the push and the pull” 

If we cross our paths again, better. If not, it’s okay. I’ll accept it.

♬ “I still drown in your love and drink 'til I’m drunk” 

There is a very small chance that we will but I won’t give up. Damn, you’re a married man and here I am still waiting for a miracle that I’ll meet you again.

♬ “And all that I’ve done, Is it ever enough?”

Your memories still hunt me even though I did the first step. Will I ever forget you?

 

Our performance lasted for 3 hours. Then the DJ will take over.

 

Naeun’s not here. She said that they are fighting and her husband might leave her anytime. I guess we’re both desperate and upset. Before I go home, I thought of having a drink. 

 

I sat on a stool and asked the bartender to give me four shots of vodka and few slices of lime. Well, at least I’m busy. All I can say is, vacation well spent!

 

I watched the people go wild. They are having so much fun, not minding the smell of sweat and alcohol.

 

Wish I was one of those people.

 

I drank the vodka. Straight. Bottoms up. And now, I can feel the temperature increasing and I am feeling the effect of the alcohol. I really have low alcohol tolerance. I feel dizzy and I can’t see clearly.

 

“Are you okay?” A random guy asked.

 

I can’t see clear. Everything becomes two. I can’t recognize his voice. I am feeling very dizzy and I feel like I am about to pass out. This guy could be my manager, the bartender or a customer. I don’t even know.

 

“I told you that when I see you again, I’ll never let you go.” The guy chuckled and pulled my cell phone out of my bag.

 

I held his arms but to no avail, I don’t have enough energy to stop him.

 

I saw him drop my cell phone back into my bag. What the ?

 

xxx

“I was right! I knew this would happen!” Naeun shriek in front of my ear as she guide me to her car.

 

“What? How... I thought... you can’t make... it?” I asked, still trying to focus.

 

“Now what? You’re drinking yourself to death? What if a stranger carried you and then you and then murdered you!? OH MY GOD!!” She shouted, exaggerating.

 

“Shut up, Naeun. You’re overreacting”

 

xxx

When I woke up, I saw a white ceiling.

 

Am I dead?

 

I craned my neck to the side and saw my mom, arms crossed and she’s obviously mad at me. My head hurts and now, my mom started yelling at me. Oh come on.

 

I went to the toilet and saw myself in the mirror. My makeup is so messy, my hair looks like a barbed wire and worse? I puked on my shirt. Im such a pain in the . A pimple appeared on my forehead probably because I wasn’t able to clean my face.

 

I suddenly remembered Naeun. She gave me a ride. I told her my address before I pass out. Hmm, I’m just gonna text her and say ‘thank you’.

 

I searched for my cell phone in my bag. I have 9 messages. I know it’s from Naeun. She’s a weird and overacting kind of person.

 

“You puked on my favorite shirt!!!”

“You definitely have to buy me a shirt because my husband gave this to me!! :--(“

“It’s not coming off!!!!!!!  Seohyun!!!!!!”

“AJKNCFEIVNESJ I HATE YOU :--( kidding, i don’t hate you”

“Just don’t drink that much next time.”

“You will prolly break out”

“Drink some meds for headache.”

“you badass!!! Text me when u wake up luv u”

 

Naeun texted me instead of sending me an e-mail. She’s is definitely worried about me.

 

“Call me +82 ** **** ****”

 

I was wrong. The 9th message is from an unknown sender. Whose number is this? Argh! Why can’t I remember what actually happened last night.

 

Wait—

 

A stranger took my phone last night... oh my god!!!

 

I abruptly texted Naeun about it. Hands shaking.

 

“Naeun!! I was drunk last night, right? And a guy took my phone and he snatched my cell phone number but he did not take my cell phone with him. Then before he left, he said something!!! No, I think before he took my cell phone? I’m not sure! He said that he will never let me go! Is this a sign of me being kidnapped? I’m nervous.”

 

I’m terrified. Should I learn how to self-defense?

 

My cell phone rang and it was Naeun’s reply.

 

“It’s normal when you’re at a bar. You know what, you’re pretty if you’re not stupid. My shirt though!” she cried.

 

“Yeah, whatever. I’ll make it up to you when we bond.”

 

“Don’t reply to this text message. E-mail me. I’m an old school, did you forgot oh my god how dare you!”

 

NAEUN = OVERACTING BIPOLAR.

 

xxx

So far, nothing unusual happened. One week ago, I was threatened by that stranger. He didn't bother me but when I called his number, no one's answering. Lessons learned. I will never drink that much.

 

The customer’s are loving my voice. And that’s a good news.

 

I performed well. Time to go home. It was tiring and it’s like 12am.

 

I was about to leave the bar when I noticed a guy who was leaning on the wall and he is creeping me out because he kept staring at me! Because of fear, I called Naeun’s cell phone but it just went to the voice mail and mum’s not picking up her phone too! Oh my god!! I’ve got no one to call.

 

If I can’t beat fear, I’ll do it scared.

 

I walked as fast as I can. I heard footsteps after my footsteps. He is definitely following me. I can see his shadow behind me.  

 

Seohyun, think of a plan!

 

I turned left and he also turned left. The place was dark enough for me to hide. I faced him and hit him with my guitar until he sat on the ground, aching.

 

“Stop!”

 

Another hit.

 

“Please stop!”

 

I kicked his balls.

 

“Ahh! Seohyun! It’s me!!”

 

“I know you! You’re the ert who whispered something to me when I was drunk. Die!!!”

 

Well, I was only assuming that he's the stranger. Whatever. 

 

I was about to hit him with the guitar for the last time when the light from the moon hit his face.

 

“KRIS?!”