This guy

5 ways to forget Luhan

      I searched for my passport in my bag while walking when I bumped into someone.

     “I’m sorry!” I bowed, uneasy.

     As I look up, he smiled at me. The smile that reminds me of sunshine.

     “KRIS?!”

      “Hi.” He said as he put his sunglasses on his head. He was wearing black skinny jeans, white polo and black leather jacket. “Looks like faith has been on our side.” I didn’t respond to what he just said. I haven’t seen him in a long time. He didn’t attend Luhan’s wedding.

     “You didn’t attend Luhan’s wedding, right?” I asked, still holding my passport. I am going back to Barcelona.

     He smiled at me and said “I’m actually on my way right now but suddenly I bumped into you. I went to Canada and I’m now back here. Amazing, right?”

     I gazed at my watch. I need to go or I’ll miss my flight. “I really have to go... I’m sorry.” I was about to go when he grabbed my arm.

     “When I see you again, I’ll never let you go.”

 

xxx

     “Ouch!” He whined as I apply cream on his wound. This will not happen if he didn’t scare me.

     “You don’t have to do this.” Kris said as he tilted his head and looked at me. I don’t know but it makes me uncomfortable. There’s something with his stare. I just remembered what happened at the airport six years ago. I tapped his head slightly. “I did this. Let me do this.”

     My cell phone rang and I reached for it inside my bag. “Wait, I have to answer this call.” I handed him the cream and stepped away from him.

     I sighed before answering the phone. It’s Naeun and I know there’s something wrong when she calls or texts me instead of sending me an email.  “Hello? Seohyun!!!”

     I rolled my eyes. “Yep. I sent you that email.”

     “So, he is THIS GUY?” she shrieked and I know that’s a sign of Naeun being curious as . I know she wants to meet Kris as soon as possible.“Yep. I’ll call you back.”

     “No wait! Where are you? Can we meet each other tomorrow? So I’ll be able to meet this guy!” So pushy as always. “Okay, okay.” And I hung up.

     I went back to Kris. I don’t know what to say. I’m so ashamed of what I did to him.

     “I got to go. It’s late night and I am bothering you.” He stood up from a chair and smiled at me. That smile.

     What I did was too much but it’s his fault. Why did he scare me in the first place? I thought I was going to beat him to death. But I am sorry for what I just did. I am still embarrassed.

     He walked to the door. “Kris!” I shouted and he craned his neck to me. “I’m sorry for what I’ve done earlier. My friend wants to meet you though.” His brows rose. “Sure, when?”

     “Tomorrow?”

     “Okay.” He smiled. Again. And he walked out the door. Nothing has changed, we we’re like in high school. I am the awkward girl and he is the guy I always bumped into.

 

xxx

     Naeun squeezed my hand and started shouting. “This guy? This guy?” She started stomping her feet out of excitement when he saw Kris walking towards us. Naeun really doesn’t look like she’s married. She was wearing black mini skirt, maroon tank top that embraces her slim figure and a denim jacket, the left collar was bit tattered. Black combat boots on her feet and of course, face full of makeup and shiny wavy hair. She looked like a doll unlike me.

     “Yes, lower your voice.” We’re outside a mall, staring at Kris as he walked towards us. Kris texted me that it’s okay with him if he will pick me up then Naeun but Naeun was so excited, she told me that we will go here by ourselves.

     “Hi.” Kris smiled. Again. I admit he is more handsome than before. He was wearing gray sweater that says CANADA and blue jeans. His face is clean. No beard or anything. His haircut is also neat. The bruise on his face was covered with concealer and foundation. He walked like nothing happened to his body. Impressive.

     “Kris, this is my friend Naeun. Naeun, this is my friend Kris.” They waved to each other.

     We went straight to the cinema. Naeun decided to watch Deadpool. Naeun bought the tickets because she wanted to make it up to me. I don’t know what for. I should be the one making it up to her because I puked on her favourite shirt. She’s weird.

     In the midst of the movie, Naeun pulled my arm. “Kris, we’ll be back.” Kris didn’t respond and I think he didn’t hear Naeun because he’s into the movie.

 

     We went to the toilet and she let go of my arm as she crossed her arms to her chest. “So, what now? What do you think of him?” She looked at my eyes and she’s serious indeed.

     “We’re just friends. What’s wrong with that?”

     She turned to the mirror and pulled a lip gloss. “You sure?” One swipe on the upper lip. “Because I see the way he looks at you.” Another swipe of lip gloss on the bottom lip.

     I turned to the mirror and borrowed her lip gloss. “What are you talking about? I know him since we’re in high school.” I chuckled and gave the lip gloss back after applying it to my lips. 

     She turned to me and said “Look at you. You said that you want to move on and here’s your chance! This is your opportunity. I sense that he’s not a bad guy.”

     Thoughts clouded up my mind. What if Naeun’s right? What if this is the chance? What if he is the answer to my prayers? That I will let go of my past? That I can now move on and forget Luhan? What if--

     Naeun snapped and brought me back to reality. She held my arms. Knots on her forehead formed. “Look at you!” I looked in the mirror and saw myself. “What? I look okay. I did not gain weight or anything.”

     “Let’s buy clothes. Trendy clothes like what I am wearing right now!” she said as she spins around.

     “We should head back. Kris will get worried, you know?”

     She rolled her eyes. “Don’t change the topic. “So when? Later?”

     I sighed as I comb my hair using my fingers. “Tomorrow! Okay?” With that, she smiled so wide. I knew it. She just wanted to go shopping.

 

xxx

     The day ended. We went home. After we watched the movie, Naeun was asking Kris questions non-stop! Naeun is so pushy. But I am kind of relieved that Kris didn’t suspect anything. I gazed at my list taped on my mirror.

 

     What if this guy is the answer to this non-stop ache?

 

     This guy whose name is Kris?

 

      My cellphone rang. I opened the text message and it was Kris. 

 

     "Thank you for this day. I'm looking forward to seeing you again."