The Elders

Look at me
Please log in to read the full chapter

~ One week later ~

 

“Ri, you have a letter…” Mir said entering her room.

She was sitting in her chair looking at the rain purring outside. She never smiled once since her birthday. Her knights were worried sick. They’ve tried everything they could think about to make her smile. The weather never changed since then, it kept purring down.

She looked at him and motioned for him to hand her the letter. She opened it and her eyes widened while reading it. She got up and went into her bathroom. After a few seconds Mir heard the shower running. He took the letter and read it.

“Will I be dammed …” he couldn’t guess what the Elders would want from the princess after all these years.

He went downstairs and shard the news with the others. They were commenting on the matter and they didn’t notice that  Hye Ri was standing behind them.

“Let’s go and find out.” She said already walking away. The rain stopped purring, but the sky was still clouded.

“Are you sure you want to go Ri?” Seung Ho asked her concerned.

“It’s an official request. Of course I have to go.” She said avoiding the real answer. “ I’ve been neglecting my duties for a week now. It’s time to hit the road again.”

“But…” Mir tried to say but she was already out the door.

“Let’s go.” G.O. said putting a hand on Mir’s shoulder. “She’ll need us there.”

They all nodded and got into the car with her. Mir drove away, worry still on his features. The drive was a long one. After 6 hours they were finally there. The gates opened for them and they drove inside. One of the butlers opened the door for her and she stepped out. Her presence was overwhelming.

“Welcome, my Princess.” The same butler said kneeling in front of her. After him, all the convoy that came out to greet her did the same. She acknowledged them with a simple nod and walked inside the palace. One of the Elders was waiting for her at the door. He bowed and she returned the gesture.

“Please, follow me Princess.” He said leading the w

Please log in to read the full chapter