She's no joke

Scary Noona

*The italicized part is what happened moments before. I hope that isn't confusing.


 

“JIHOON!” you roared.

The boys jumped, startled. They all turned to Jihoon who just ignored their stares and your screaming with a sigh.

All thirteen boys were currently sitting in the living room, waiting for you to try on Seokmin’s sister’s dress. It took about twenty minutes of convincing after laying your eyes on the dress before you went into the room to change.

“Noona, here’s the dress!” Seokmin handed it to you, smiling widely. You took one look at the dress and scoffed.

“Pink? You brought me a pink dress? I’m not wearing that, Seok.”

“You have no choice,” Jihoon rolled his eyes.

"It’ll look nice on you!” Seokmin pouted, holding the dress up properly. It was pink, the straps were too thin and it was just above the knee. It was a typical summer dress, something you wouldn’t be caught dead in.

“I swear I can find something presentable in here,” you said, walking over to your luggage. You dug through it, throwing your clothes all over the place, making a mess in the process.

“How about this?” you held up a black crop top to Jihoon who responded with a “no”, not even bothering to look up at all.

“You didn’t even look!”

“Put on the dress, noona. Our manager hyung is not an easy guy.” Jihoon finally looked up from his phone, giving you a hard look.

You groaned, grabbing the dress from Seokmin’s hands and stomped your way into the room.

Seokmin who had observed the whole situation was more than surprised. He had never seen Jihoon this patient with anyone before. It was entertaining to watch.

“What?” Jihoon asked, noticing the smile on Seokmin’s face.

“Nothing,” Seokmin replied, smile still intact.

The front door flew open, Seungcheol walking in first, the others following behind him. They all took a seat, taking up all the space in the tiny living room.

“Hyung will be here soon. Where’s noona?” Seungcheol asked, looking around the room.

“She went to try on the dress.” Jihoon grunted, eyes back to being glued to his phone.

The boys all looked to Seokmin, asking him how you reacted to the dress. They had all seen it before you earlier today, knowing that it would not be easy to convince you to wear it.

Seokmin explained what had happened just moments before, the boys laughing and talking over each other.

Jeonghan was busy ignoring everyone, pretending to be occupied with his phone. He sat there quietly among all the noise, acting like he wasn’t the least bit curious like the rest of them. He was the only one who didn’t see the dress, which peaked his interest a bit; he would never admit that though. He remembered the night before and what he had said to you. He doesn’t know why he even said it. He regretted it the next morning, thinking you’d feel too confident because of it. Your yelling from the other room interrupted his thoughts.

“Jihoon!” you yelled a second time, “get in here right now!”

Groaning, Jihoon got up and grumpily made his way towards his room. They heard him knock before you opened the door, letting him in and shutting it closed again.

“Jihoon is so lucky and he doesn’t even realize it,” Soonyoung sighed.

“Why is he lucky?” Chan asked, confused.

“Because he has a girl that he’s close to,” Wonwoo answered. Soonyoung nodded, holding a thumbs up in Wonwoo’s direction.

“It’s just Seol noona,” Jeonghan scoffed.

“She’s still a girl, dude. And not just any girl. She could probably beat us all up, if I'm being completely honest.” Jisoo said, throwing an arm over Jeonghan’s shoulder. The boys all shamefully nodded in agreement. Jeonghan didn’t respond, rolling his eyes instead.

“Jihoon, I look stupid! Why are you trying to humiliate me in front of everyone?” You cried, pulling at your hair in frustration.

Jihoon’s eyes widened at you standing in front of him. He's just realized now he’s never seen you in a dress before and it's a little weird but he doesn't say it out loud, in fear you'll start hitting him. You don’t look as bad as you think but him telling you that wouldn’t make a difference anyway. 

Jihoon starts laughing all of a sudden. “Why are you laughing? I knew I looked ridiculous!” You turned around, picking up your other clothes off the floor to change back into.

“Will you relax? You don’t look ridiculous. I’m just not used to it. It’s….” he trailed off, thinking. “It’s different.”

“Well, don’t get used to it ever.” You turned towards the mirror, grabbing your messy hair, turning it into a neat bun on top of your head.

“Is this good enough for you, boss?” You sarcastically asked, twirling around for him.

Before Jihoon could reply, a knock was heard on the door. “Is everything okay? Hyung just texted me and said he’ll be here in fifteen minutes.”

You pulled open the door, “fifteen minutes?! Are you kidding me?” you yelled in Seungcheol’s face, startling him. When he didn’t respond and instead just stood there like a deer caught in headlights, you gave him a weird look before shoving past him and running into the living room.

“You need to help me! Seungcheol and Jihoon are useless!” you exclaimed, standing before the eleven other boys.

They had all been in a heated discussion about their usual topic of choice (girls) and didn’t hear you running in. When they all looked up, they froze simultaneously. Some with their mouths dropped, some looking exactly how Seungcheol looked just now: a deer caught in headlights. You stood there staring back at them in confusion. You could really use a smoke right now.

"Whoa," Soonyoung whispered.

Jeonghan who had been too busy playing games on his phone, looked up curiously when the noise and chatter had died down. He looked towards the rest of the boys and followed their line of vision. When his eyes found you standing there, he couldn’t help but freeze as well.

You stood there in the dress, panic all over your face. The panic quickly turning into confusion when no one responded. He could see your face more clearly with your unruly hair out of the way, neatly placed on top of your head instead. Your cheeks were flushed and you had none of that raccoon eye makeup you enjoyed so much. He let himself stare a little longer until he realized what he was doing. Your eyes darted around the room until you both made eye contact. You were surprised to see the look on his face. You shot him a look that showed how weirded out you were by it. He quickly looked away, distracting himself with his phone.

“Am I talking to myself? I have fifteen minutes before your manager gets here!” you waved your hands and they all snapped out of it.

“What’s wrong with them?” Jihoon walked back into the room, looking between you and the rest of the boys.

“Wow, noona. You look… wow,” Minghao stated in awe.

“I don’t know why you don’t dress like this more often noona,” Seungkwan commented, holding two thumbs up.

“Because I look stupid, that’s why.” They all shook their head, disagreeing.

“You don’t look stupid! I told you you’d look nice in it!” Seokmin complimented.

Jihoon chuckled, finally understanding what was going on. He smacked the back of Soonyoung’s head who was still openly staring with his mouth wide open.

“Ow! What was that for?” Soonyoung complained, rubbing the spot that was hit. Jihoon just rolled his eyes with a shake of his head.

“Go talk to Seungcheol hyung before Jaehyun hyung gets here,” Jihoon told you. You nodded, walking back towards the room. Jeonghan glanced up quickly at your retreating back. Jisoo took notice of this and made his way over, sitting next to him. When Jeonghan ignored him, Jisoo nudged him to get his attention.

“What?” Jeonghan asked in a bored matter.

“So?” Jisoo asked with a smirk.

Jeonghan looked at him, waiting for him to continue. When Jisoo didn’t, Jeonghan brought his attention back to his phone.

“Noona looked pretty, huh?” Jisoo nudged him again; the tone in his voice playful. 

“I didn’t notice a difference,” Jeonghan shrugged.

“Yeah right,” he muttered, chuckling.

Jeonghan looked at Jisoo glaring, not knowing how to respond. Luckily, Jihoon interrupted their pointless conversation.

“You!” Jihoon pointed at everybody, “all need to calm down. It’s just a dress. Stop being so creepy,” he scolded.

“Come on, Hoon. Don’t act like you weren’t surprised either,” Wonwoo scoffed.

“She doesn’t look scary. I like it,” Chan approved.

"Noona's actually really pretty when she doesn't look like she wants to hurt you." Hansol added. The others laughed, nodding in agreement.

“Sure,” Jihoon muttered.

“Don’t worry, guys. He has eyes, he knows. Jeonghan knows too, in case you were wondering,” Jisoo teased.

They all turned their attention towards Jeonghan, the one who supposedly despises noona and watched as he got caught off guard. He opened his mouth to retaliate but was saved by the knock on the door.

“We’ll get it!” You walked towards the door with Seungcheol, him opening the door. You were surprised to see a really young looking guy standing there. He was way too young to be a manager, you thought. He looked only a couple years older than you.

You smiled brightly and greeted him with a bow. It took him a second to respond, he was looking at you the exact same way the rest of them were looking at you just fifteen minutes before.

“Uh, hyung?” Seungcheol asked, tapping him on the shoulder. Their manager snapped out of his momentary shock, giving you a bright smile back. You moved out of the way for him to walk inside, Seungcheol shutting the door behind him.

“I’m Seol. Nice to meet you!” You exclaimed brightly, your face already starting to hurt from smiling so wide. Smiling wasn’t exactly something you were used to.

“Hello. I’m Jaehyun. Nice to meet you,” Jaehyun cleared his throat awkwardly.

“What’s with him?” Chan whispered. The others snickered. Completely entertained by the way their hyung was acting because of you and because of how innocent and clueless their maknae was.

"I know that look.” Jihoon groaned, running a hand over his face in annoyance. He got up and walked towards the three of you, joining in the conversation.

“Wow, this noona is no joke,” Jisoo beamed.

“Hyung! We’re here too, you know?” Mingyu called, waving. Jaehyun turned towards them with a smile before continuing his conversation with you, Seungcheol and Jihoon.

“I’ve never seen Jaehyun hyung smile this much before,” Jun laughed.

“Like Jisoo hyung said, he has eyes, he knows.” Seokmin reminded in amusement.

Curiosity getting the best of him, Jeonghan looked up and watched with the others as the four of you talked by the door, Jaehyun laughing at something you said. You had a huge grin on your face and he found himself not used to it at all. You were always glaring and scowling, mostly to him of course. This smile was different however and he couldn’t figure out why.

He continued to watch as Jaehyun was failing to hold back a grin at something you said, you giggling in response. The sound made him grimace and he looked away with a roll of his eyes. He didn’t know you’d be so good at acting. He went back to ignoring his surroundings and playing games on his phone instead. He heard the slam of the door not long after and looked up to see Seungcheol and Jihoon walking towards everybody, high fiving each other. Jaehyun and Seol were nowhere in sight.

“Where’d they go?” Seungkwan asked.

“Hyung wanted to get to know her better so he suggested they go for a walk. He’s pretending he hasn’t made a decision yet when we all know what his answer is. Did you see how flustered he was? Noona is no joke!” Seungcheol snickered. The others laughed along with him.

After their laughter died down, everyone excitedly asked Seungcheol and Jihoon what they talked about, all yelling over each other to be heard.

"So much for hyung not being an easy guy, huh?" Seokmin mumbled to Jihoon, the both of them laughing.

Jeonghan tuned them out, only one thought in mind. For once, he agreed on something they all thought about her. She’s no joke, that’s for sure. 

 

 


Author's Note:

Didn't think I'd have this up by tonight. Enjoy! And I ask that you please comment! It helps motivate me into writing for you!