In Discussion

Scary Noona

When you met all of them a year ago, you didn’t exactly make a good first impression. The old you that you mentioned earlier to Chan was the one they had met for the first time. You had stayed for a week and by the end of that week, to your surprise, they all ended up really liking you. Except for one person.

You remember not being horrible or that scary to them, just ‘Jihoon-like’ which is something I’m sure they were already used to at the time.

“You’re different.” You remember Seungcheol telling you.

“How?” you asked, curious.

“You’re not like other girls. You’re something to be feared. And our pretty faces do nothing for you,” he chuckled. You laughed along with him.

“I’ll take that as a compliment, I guess?”

“You should.”

It was weird. After that, they all started slowly opening up to you. It was unfortunate that you were all starting to get close when you had to leave in 2 days.

All you could remember about Jeonghan is you guys bickering and commenting on every little thing the other did or said. One moment stood out to you however, a moment that might be the answer everyone was so interested in finding out. It wasn’t anything interesting enough to share, just a simple strong mutual dislike you both felt about each other. Nothing else.

You had arrived at their dorm and he was the one to open the door and greet you. He didn’t even say hi, just looked you up and down before smirking. I could’ve knocked him out right there. He was conceited, that was as clear as day.

You rolled your eyes, shoving this boy that happened to be even prettier than you out of the way, walking into the dorm.

“Is Jihoon here?” you asked, looking around the place. It appeared to be empty.

“Nice to meet you too,” he sarcastically answered.

“I would’ve been polite if it wasn’t for you blatantly checking me out before you could even utter a hello,” you scoffed.

“Me? Checking you out? You must’ve been mistaken,” he covers up his embarrassment quickly, trying to laugh it off. It comes off shaky and nervous instead. You smirk.

“Nice save. Now where's Jihoon? Please tell me I have the wrong dorm.”

“Sorry to disappoint but you have the right one. They’re all at practice. I suggest you leave and come back again later.”

You couldn’t believe how rude this kid was. “How old are you?” you questioned, eyes narrowed.

“Is that really any of your business?”

“Yeah, kid, it is. I know for a fact that I’m older than you are. You better apologize for being so rude to me. I'm a noona to you.”

“Noona?” he says it mockingly with a laugh, “enjoy your stay here.” He walks out the dorm, not forgetting to slam the door.

You stared ahead in disbelief.

When the boys finally came home, you grabbed Jihoon into a room, not even giving him a chance to say hi. Some of the boys even tried to greet you but you walked past them, ignoring them. You realize now how rude that was.

“I'm going to fight that pretty boy. I’m going to kill him,” you paced back and forth.

"Not even a hi. Is it funny that I’m even surprised?” Jihoon rolled his eyes with a smile.

“Hi! Happy? Can I please just roughen up his face? Just a little? It’s too pretty for his own damn good anyway.”

“How could you have possibly already made an enemy when none of us were even home?”

“That long haired, arrogant, disrespectful little with the pretty face was here! How else would I have gotten inside?” you exclaimed, pulling at your hair in frustration.

“Jeonghan hyung? He’s nice to us…” Jihoon trailed off.

“Well, he sure as hell wasn’t nice to me! How old is he anyway?”

“He’s 17. Wait, noona, where are you going?” Jihoon grabbed your wrist just before you could walk out the door.

“He’s 2 years younger than me and thinks he could just act like that? I need to teach him some manners,” you tried reaching for the door only to be pulled back again.

“Are-are you sure it wasn’t just you being, you know, you?”

“I can’t believe this!” your voice raising the angrier you got.

“Damn it, okay look, I don’t even know what’s going on. Please calm down and explain from the beginning.”

You explained everything to Jihoon and by the end of it, he begged you to just ignore it. He wanted s to like you and you realized you were doing a ty job of making that happen. First impressions already out the door as soon as they walked through theirs. Jihoon never really asked for anything unless it was really important to him. You gave in, eventually.

The beginning of that week, you and Jeonghan would ignore each other, minus glaring holes into each other’s faces. By the middle of the week, you were bickering back and forth nonstop.

“I’m going to rip out every little perfect strand of hair on that big head of yours,” you threatened, walking up to him, sizing him up. He obviously towered over you not that that stopped you at all.

Jeonghan was startled by how close you were; close enough for him to find out that you smelled the exact opposite of the kind of person you were. You smelled like flowers. It was a sweet, girly smell. Nothing like you at all. He was caught off guard for a second before clearing his throat.

“If you want to touch my hair so bad, all you have to do is ask,” he smirked, going as far as pushing it out of his face. Your face contorted into one of disgust, fists clenched by your sides.

“You’re lucky I haven’t kicked your yet!” you screamed, storming off.

“I’ll be looking forward to that, noona!” He yelled at your retreating back, smirk intact.

The way he said noona was ugly to you. You hated it. 

You recalled the memory with a shudder. When you looked up, everyone was curiously waiting for an answer. You sighed.

"Jihoon, I swear I already told you this." 

"Right. Yeah, I kind of completely forgot why. It's been a busy year," he shrugs. 

“As much as I’d love to waste time talking about the brat, I think we should discuss more important things. It’s getting late,” you reached into your pocket for your phone. The time read 11:47 pm.

“Okay, let’s get straight to the point then. How long do you think you’ll be staying with us?” Jihoon asked. All eyes were on you now. You fidgeted uncomfortably.

 “I don’t even know. I really don’t want to burden any of you. It’s just… anywhere is better than home right now.”

They all gave you sympathetic looks that you ignored. You and Jihoon shared eye contact for a couple of seconds before you broke it. You knew that look. He was expecting an explanation for why you ran away in the first place. He knew it must’ve been bad if you decided to come all the way to Seoul.

“The only issue here is not even an issue for us but for you. Are you sure you don’t mind sleeping with 13 guys in one place, even sharing a bathroom? Or wait, you’re probably going to go to the sauna for that,” Seungcheol corrects himself.

“Why would I go to the sauna?” You questioned, confused.

“Well I just assumed you’d feel uncomfortable-“

“I’m showering here.”

Soonyoung spit out the water he was drinking, coughing his lungs out. You looked around the room; everyone’s faces had turned a shade of pink, minus Jihoon, obviously.

“I mean, if that’s okay with you. Is that weird?” you questioned. You weren’t really sure what the big deal was. You looked to Jihoon for answers but he just rolled his eyes, sighing.

“I-I mean if all of you don’t mind, then it’s not exactly a p-problem, I g-guess,” Seungcheol stammered, eyes darting around the room for confirmation. The boys just nodded, wordlessly, Soonyoung still coughing.

“I can go to the sauna, it’s not a big-“

“No! Noona, it’s fine!” Soonyoung quickly interrupts, startling you. Realizing what he just did, he turns even redder. Jihoon glares at him. The others doing a miserable job holding in their laughter.

“Okay…” you trailed off, laughing awkwardly. “If that’s settled then I’ll be fine sleeping anywhere.”

“Noona, you can take my bed for now. I haven’t really slept in it lately and you are my guest,” Jihoon offers. You frown.

"No, no. I can take the floor, it’s no problem.”

“I’m not letting you sleep on the floor. There is just one problem though,” he looked up timidly.

“What is it?”

“Jeonghan hyung is my roommate.”

They all look to you, holding their breaths, waiting for an outburst. When you smile instead, it catches them all off guard. Even Jihoon. 

“It’s fine,” you took a deep breath. It’s not fine. “I can manage. I will manage. Like I said, I’m not how I used to be. We can’t keep hating each other forever,” you groaned internally. What am I even saying?

“Who are you and what have you done with my noona?” Everyone laughs but you know Jihoon was being completely serious.

“So, noona is really staying with us?” Seungkwan excitedly cheered, the others joining in. Including you.

“Wait! That’s not the only problem,” Seungcheol interrupts, silencing everyone.

 Of course it isn't. “What now?”

“We need to convince our manager hyung to let you stay,” Seungcheol explains, “but you can’t look like that,” he tries to say it in a not so insulting way. It doesn’t really work.

“What do you mean that? What’s wrong with how I look?” you demanded. Seungcheol gulps, looking to Jihoon for help.

“What he means is we can’t introduce you looking like some kind of teenage runaway, even though you are one. Your ripped up jeans, messy hair, dark makeup around the eyes,” he points to you, “he can’t see that. You need to basically look like an angel when we introduce you to him. This way, it’ll be easier to convince him to let you stay with us. If he feels that you’re a bad influence and you’ll just distract us, you can say goodbye to staying here.”

You felt like you should’ve been offended but he was completely right. You rolled your eyes. Why is this kid always right?

“I don’t have any ‘angel’ clothes. The most I can do is brush my hair and remove my makeup. Is that good enough?” you offered, holding back a scoff.

“I can ask my noona if you could borrow one of her dresses?” Seokmin suggested.

“Oh no. There is no way I am wearing a dress!” your eyes widened, horrified.

“That’s actually not a bad idea. Seokmin, ask her and she can meet hyung the day after tomorrow.” Jihoon finalized, Seokmin nodding.

“Jihoon, did you not just hear what I-“

“Noona, you don’t have a choice,” he interrupted, shrugging. You glared at him.

“Wow, noona’s staying with us and she’s going to wear a dress? This is our lucky day!” Hansol laughed, the others joining in.

You glared at them. If you knew you had to do all this, maybe you wouldn’t have come in the first place.

Just what the hell have I gotten myself into?


The time read 2:41 am and everyone was asleep. You hadn’t even made it to bed yet; your mind was not letting you rest. You were out on the balcony, sneaking a smoke. You weren’t surprised that your parents hadn’t bothering calling again. You sighed for what felt like the 80th time today.

“What are you doing?”

You jumped, startled. You quickly threw the cigarette, ready to smack the person who scared you. When you saw who it was, you groaned and turned back around, preferring to look at the view the balcony had to offer instead.

“So you’re staying?” Jeonghan walked forward, standing next to you. He avoided eye contact, looking out at the view as well.

“Sorry to disappoint.”

He didn’t respond. You both stood there in uncomfortable silence for what felt like far too long. You contemplated leaving first, not wanting this awkwardness to last another second when he turned around to leave. Your shoulders relaxed momentarily.

“I’ll be looking forward to you in that dress,” he snorted, voice full of amusement.

You turned around, fist at the ready but he was already gone.

“I’m going to kill him.”

 

 

 

 

 


Author's Note:

wow wow wow this is about 5 pages I can't believe it. I'm not really happy with how it turned out but I just really wanted to get it up. 

welcome new subscribers!! I hope you all enjoy this new chapter despite how unsatisfied I am with it.

Please do comment, I'm interested to know what you think so far!!