Filming: Part One

Online Dating

Youngjae was worried. No, scratch that, he was terrified. He’d eventually asked Yongguk (trusty and wise, as always) about how he should reply to Daehyun’s email, and he was given the advice to go with his gut on the matter.. And considering Youngjae may or may not have subscribed to Daehyun in the first place just due to that adorable smile and great hair an-

In short, he said yes to the boyfriend tag.

And needless to say he’s been panicking about it ever since. The next email he received after that was Daehyun offering times for them to film the video, and planning easily went from there, though there was no more talk of the topic of their video.. Which made Youngjae worry.

When the day of filming arrived and he finally knocked on Daehyun’s door he could practically feel himself trembling from nerves. He knocked on the door before he could think about it too much and took a deep breath, not knowing it was in rhythm with the YouTuber just on the other side of the door. “Daehyun~” He greeted happily as the door opened and the handsome face of the man he was soon to collab with appeared in front of him. “Sorry I’m a bit late, there was a bit of traffic.”

“It’s fine, don’t worry about it. Uh.. Come on in.” And after saying that, Daehyun stepped aside and Youngjae entered the apartment, looking around at all the decor that hung on the walls and rested on shelves. “I have everything set up and we’re ready to start filming whenever you’re ready.” The words snapped Youngjae out of his thoughts and he looked back to his host.

“I’m ready whenever you are… Do you have the questions printed out or something?” He asked hesitantly, not sure how bringing up the topic of the video would go down. There was a short moment of silence and Daehyun looked like he was contemplating his next words which made Youngjae’s stomach do a small flip from nervousness. Was that the wrong thing to say..?

“Uh.. No but I can pull them up really quick.” He eventually replied, grabbing his phone from his back pocket and doing a quick google search to get a list of the questions they needed. After a few moments he found what he was looking for and the two YouTubers went into the living room where Daehyun had all the equipment set up in his usual spot. The two decided to have Youngjae enter the video after the introduction and… the video started.

-

“Okay question one… Where did we meet?” Daehyun asked, looking down to the list he had pulled up on his phone that contained the thirty questions of the tag.

“...At your house like ten minutes ago... Er, well we met in person then, we met online a few weeks back when I contacted you.” Youngjae answered, laughing nervously. This was by far the weirdest situation he’d ever been in, and it was safe to say Daehyun felt the same.

“More like fifteen minutes ago now but yeah.” Daehyun said, bright smile lighting his features. Youngjae couldn’t help but think it looked much better in person than it did in videos. “Where was our first date… uh.. Well.. We could consider this a date..?” He suggested, looking up from his phone to meet eyes with Youngjae.

“Doing the boyfriend tag on a first date, what could be more romantic for YouTubers?” Youngjae teased, nudging Daehyun a bit, he was growing a bit more comfortable with this situation as time progressed oddly enough. Maybe if he didn’t think about the fact that they were now sorta kinda dating he could get through the rest of this video easily..

“The only thing missing is some scented candles and my top notch cooking, but that can happen after we’re done filming. Okay.. What was your first impression of me?” Oh.. that was a difficult question.

“Like from your videos or from today when I met you?”

“Both.”

“Uh..” Youngjae thought for a moment, going back in his mind to the very first video he’d watched of Daehyun on YouTube. “Well when I first found your YouTube channel I watched like ten videos in a row because I thought you were really cute and funny and well.. I subscribed because of all that and that your videos also helped me learn how to cook decently. Then when I met you today I realized you were a lot more attractive in person, especially your smile.” he hadn’t meant to say that last part out loud… “What was your first impression of me?”

Daehyun paused, not expecting the question to be thrown back at him. Then again it wasn’t exactly an interrogation of Youngjae, he was meant to answer the questions as well. “First impression…  Well I obviously though you were adorable from your YouTube videos.” He began, taking notice of the small blush that appeared on Youngjae’s cheeks from his compliment. It was quite adorable.. “I could tell you were practically a genius, and when I met you today I also noticed that your eyes kinda.. Shine when you laugh. But I don’t know if that counts as a first impression sort of thing.” With a nervous chuckled, he averted his gaze back down to his phone, eye’s flickering to look at the other from under his dark bangs. Youngjae had absolutely no idea what to say, actually he sort of did, a thank you, but he was a bit too flustered to properly get the words out.

“When did you meet the family?” Daehyun asked quickly, breaking Youngjae out of his stupor and causing him to laugh a bit. That was an easy question for now.

“Well that hasn’t happened yet since we just sorta met in person today.” He said, causing a warm chuckle to bubble past Daehyun’s lips as well.

“Fair point.” He replied, thumb scrolling on his phone to navigate to the next question. “Do I have any weird obsessions? If so - what?”

“Food, you’re absolutely obsessed with food. I know that just from your channel alone.”

“Yeah but that’s not a weird obsession.”

“How obsessed you are makes it weird.”

“.... Oh whatever, next question, I don’t know any of your weird obsessions.” Daehyun said, obviously defeated. Youngjae’s stomach was starting to hurt from all this laughing, but he didn’t think he’d be able to stop anytime soon if the video kept going on like this. “How long have we been together?”

“..A day? Or have we been together since you asked me to do this video a few days ago?”

“Maybe since I asked you to do the video. I guess that was like asking you out”

“Not a very romantic confession Daehyun.”

“Next question…”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yay a long chapter!! (again late whoops) This is only part one of the boyfriend tag because the chapter was getting really long and they were only on about question five aha.... So next chapter will finish the tag out!~