Odd Email

Online Dating

Youngjae was trying to not have a heart attack, he really was. But every time he reread Daehyun’s email his heart fluttered again and an embarrassing blush covered his cheeks. He hadn’t really meant that did he? Daehyun must have been joking around with that particular video suggestion, he must have. Yet even as he told himself that, it didn’t make sense. All of the other ideas were obviously meant and all quite good, and then there was that one…The two weren’t even dating, but no matter how many time Youngjae checked, the black words never changed on his screen.

 

‘The boyfriend tag’ is what they read, and despite how ridiculous the suggestion was.. Youngjae couldn’t manage to ignore what was probably not even meant to be there in the first place, though he tried to nonetheless. With shaky hands he began to type out a reply, naming a few of the video ideas from Daehyun’s list that he thought would work well: blindfolded cooking challenge, comedy skit with maybe another guest or two, smoothie challenge, and a Q&A. When coming to the end of his message, the dark haired male hesitated, blush creeping back onto his cheeks as he wondered if he should mention…No, no, it was better to forget he’d ever seen that, right?

 

With a deep breath to try and calm himself down, Youngjae finished up the email and sent it off, leaving his computer once he was finished and wondering if there was anything productive for him to do the rest of the day. Not seeing much else, he decided on cleaning the apartment. It wasn’t a very time consuming job as there really wasn’t much to do but it was all he bothered to think up at the moment, plus it was good to keep the house tidy.

 

-

 

Twenty minutes later, Youngjae now had a sparkling clean apartment and nothing else to do. He sighed, looking around the house and realizing how empty the place was. He needed a guest. He pulled his phone out of the pocket of his jeans and scrolled through his contacts, stopping when he found someone he knew would be free today. Kim Himchan.

 

After a quick chat on the phone, Youngjae was convinced to go out with the older instead of staying inside for the day, and although he didn’t want to have to change into something more suitable for a night out on the town, Himchan always had a way with words that could easily convince him to do or try practically anything. Thank goodness Himchan didn’t use that to his advantage.. Most of the time he didn’t anyways.

 

“Youngjae!~” Himchan exclaimed, waving enthusiastically to the younger from where he stood outside his car. “Too you awhile, but you look good so it’s understandable.” He said with a playful grin, bringing the younger into an unexpected hug. “We’re supposed to get together at least every other week but you’ve been blowing me off recently for who knows what.” Youngjae flushed in embarrassment, knowing that he was probably being a bit of an with how he was acting recently, but his YouTube channel had really started to consume him. Maybe it was time to let things take care of themselves for a little while, he could start spending more time with Himchan and Yongguk.

 

After a little bit more chitter chatter, the two got into Himchan’s car and headed off to a bar that Himchan had been raving about for practically months, and since Youngjae hadn’t been the kindest friend lately he decided to finally give in agree to tag along to the ‘best place to go anytime of day’ as Himchan said.

 

Of course, later that night, when all the partying was said and done, Youngjae couldn’t help but wonder if he could have made things up to Himchan in a different way. He was now laying on his couch, mostly anyways, with blurry vision and slurred thoughts. He’d been persuaded to drink quite easily by his older friend, even though the raven haired male knew he didn’t have a high tolerance for alcohol.

He really was going to have a ty day tomorrow. Maybe he can guilt Himchan into taking care of him.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ohmygosh I'm the worst authot i know ;-; So sorry this took so long but a lot of things came up with school because I was transferring and I didn't really have much free time to work on this. So sorry!! I'll try to be better about it and update more frequently.

If you see and typos/things that don't quite make sense, plesase tell me!! I'm terrible at proof reading honestly.